✎ Issue 35: Scandalicious

Scandalicious
✎ Lee Taemin ✎
 
"Yah," a familiar voice snaps me back to my senses when I'm staring at my phone screen. "Are you going to call her or not?"
 
I grin awkwardly and lean my back against the chair, trying to arrange the words as the answer, "Maybe. Later. Mollayo, Hyung. I just want to give her a surprise."
 
Onew takes a seat next to me and messes my hair, "Then go and meet her. I'm sure the others will vote for that option as well."
 
After Hayeon decided to work in Japan, I also made up my mind to tell my own groupmates about my relationship with Hayeon, considering how close they are with me and I couldn't hide it forever anyway.
 
I fulfilled my promise to Onew and their reactions are priceless. Jonghyun dropped his jaw in disbelief, Key slapped Minho's arm, thinking that it's a dream, and Minho eventually shook my shoulders, saying that I was not supposed to lie about this issue.
 
Jonghyun scolded me and for one whole week I felt really guilty but they talked to me, convincing me that they were not mad at me. It's true that they were disappointed at first but we came into the same understanding later on.
 
However I asked them not to say a word to Hayeon yet. I knew she had a lot of things in mind at the moment and I didn't want to burden her with my broken promise; yes, I broke the promise.
 
It's funny how I felt guilty if I didn't tell the others but I feel so down, knowing I broke a promise. It just feels wrong and right at the same time.
 
Two months already and Hayeon still doesn't show any sign that she will return to Seoul. Though I couldn't meet her everyday when she's in Seoul, meeting her in Tokyo is more impossible.
 
I don't want to stop her from chasing after her dream. She could stay in Seoul but what does it mean if she coudldn't work as a journalist, what she always wants to do?
 
We should be celebrating our eleventh month anniversary today, one month before we should celebrate our one year anniversary. Little does she know that SHINee is going to attend a music show tomorrow morning here, in Tokyo.
 
A part of me is still hesitating whether I should meet her or not. The last time I saw her face to face is two months ago, when I met her at the airport before she took off.
 
I swear I miss her so much that sometimes I thought I saw her when I walked around. I called her at least once in a week and I would do whatever I could to assure myself that she's alright.
 
What is this doubt? I don't know. Perhaps I'm afraid that she will be really mad at me if she knows that I have told the others. Or perhaps I'm just being nonsense.
 
"Aren't you going to have a video conference with her?" Onew asks me out of the blue. "If you really want to give her a surprise, care to let me help you?"
 
 
✂ ✂ ✂
 
 
Here I am now, standing in front of Hayeon's apartment room, waiting for Hayeon to open the door for me. My heart beats faster by each second passes.
 
Onew tells me that he will use my account so Hayeon will think that I'm at our own place while I actually visit her by person. It's a good idea actually and I agreed with the idea.
 
There is no feeling of insecurity, letting Onew to talk with Hayeon. Though I actually think it's possible for Onew to keep loving Hayeon, I believe that our bond as brothers is stronger.
 
On top of all, I have faith in Hayeon and that's all I need to keep on believing. That's why I also need to meet with her tonight, to show her that my feeling will never change no matter how far the distance between us or how long we are separated by time.
 
As usual Hayeon doesn't check on the visitor. She opens the door and surprise is obvious in her eyes when she sees me, "T-T-Taemin?!"
 
My lips turn into a smile upon the voice that I have missed so much. Without bothering to look around, I step inside and close the door, leaning my back against it while admiring the girl in front of me.
 
"B-But... you... Onew is...," she stammers cutely, still trying to figure out why I can be here. "Are all of you in Tokyo? Mwo ya, Lee Taem-"
 
I cut her words by pressing my lips with hers. I wrap my right arm around her waist while my left hand cups her right cheek, not having any intention to let her break the kiss first.
 
Hayeon flinches a little due to the sudden kiss but, after seconds, she kisses me back and I smile between the kiss.
 
"Surprise enough?" I finally break the kiss since both of us are running out of air. I give her a quick kiss on forehead before I take her hand and walk away from the door. "Onew Hyung sure knows how good this idea is."
 
I find her laptop is on and Onew is looking at us from my room. He waves to us and grins, "Surprise, surprise! Look who's there with you, Hayeon-ssi!"
 
"Kamsahe, Hyung," I give him a thumb up. "I'll owe you one."
 
Hayeon is still in shock and she doesn't say a word. Onew excuses himself, telling me to return before midnight or it will be difficult for him to cover my disappearance from our manager.
 
"Ah, Hayeon-ssi," he says before he signs off from my account. "As for my last question... Even if I still do, you don't need to worry. Besides you are my future sister-in-law."
 
Heat creeps to my cheeks when I hear his statement. He bids us goodbye and his face disappears from the laptop screen, leaving us in silence.
 
"What...," I murmur vividly, "...is his last question, Jagiya?"
 
She glances at me before she tiptoes and pinches my cheeks playfully, "It's a secret! Why don't you tell me that you're in Tokyo?! You're tricky, Lee Taemin!"
 
I laugh and hold her hands, resting my forehead against hers, "But you're happy, aren't you? Happy eleventh month anniversary, Jagiya."
 
Hayeon blushes and pulls her hand back so she can hug me, "Pabo ya... Of course I'm happy. Isn't it obvious? Pabo dongsaeng..."
 
I kiss her hair and start a conversation right away, "How is your work? Enough scandal to live your life up?"
 
She look at me and smiles before giving me a word in english, "Scandalicious."
 
"Eh?" I blink in confusion but she just chuckles and walks to her laptop, shutting it down. "What is that? Scan-Scan what?"
 
"It's just a term. Scandal and delicious," she answers calmly. "I guess no matter what I do, scandal will forever be my friends but, well, it spices up my life anyway."
 
Hayeon steps closer to me and grips my jacket, "What can I expect when I have an idol as my boyfriend?"
 
It's not a complaint. I know. Her smile shows how happy she is and I am glad that I'm the reason behind her smile.
 
It's not easy, for being a couple with the guy as a younger one. We might face more issues in the future, even worse and cruel than what we had gotten into but, as long as we're together, I know we'll be alright.
 
Onew has a place in her heart that I can never have but so do I; both of us are irreplaceable in her heart. What matters is I stay in her heart now... and I'll try my best to make it till forever.
 
Perhaps starting with telling her that the others have known about our little secret.
 
"Nan tagonan chejiriya," I her hair with my fingers, earning her full attention.
 
"Mwo?" she tilts her head cutely, doesn't understand what I mean. "For what?"
 
I smile, knowing that I'm the luckiest guy to have the one I love is with me now. I whisper the answer before I lean to her for another loving kiss.
 
"To make your life scandalicious."
 
 
__________
 
 
Glossary #35
 
  • Nan tagonan chejiriya (난타고난체질이야) : I was born for this.