"Perhaps I like her after all."

Because Of My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Life.. No can can have the perfect definition for it."

-Ayuki Matsumoto

-----

"Sensei. Sumimasen. I was at the nurses office. I'm sorry for being late." Ayuki bowed. 

"It's fine. Please take your seat now." The teacher replied. 

She bagan walking to her seat but noticed that Daiki wasn't in his normal seat. As a matter of fact, Kento and Daiki had switched seats. Now he was on the opposite side of the room from her. As soon as she got into eye contact with him, she slightly bit her lip and continued to her seat. She sat down and forced a smile at Kento. "Arigatou" She mouthed. "For before.. The nurse told me what happened.." She whispered. 

"Douitashimae. Glad to see you again." He smiled. 

From the back of the room, Daiki eyed the two. The reason why he wanted to trade seats was not that he didn't want to be near her but that this way he can watch over her without her knowing. He also seemed to trust Kento for his girl.

--Earlier before--

"Hey, can I have a quick talk with you?" Kento asked the short black-haired guy.

"I'm not in the mood." Daiki replied. 

Chinen looked back and forth from the other two guys thinking if he himself should leave. 

"Onegai.." Kento mouthed to Chinen. He nodded and made up a quick excuse to go back to his own classroom saying Yamada and Keito were waiting for him. 

"What happened between you and Ayuki chan?" He then asked. 

"Nothing."

"Well, she was outside just kneeling there. She also mentioned something about you to not leave her."

"okay."

Kento stiffened up and sighed frustradly. "I thought you were her boyfriend. Why would you let her suffer like that."

"I'm not her boyfriend.. anymore." Daiki replied with a cold face. 

"tsk, you know I hate guys like you.. Making girls suffer like that. I bet you don't even care when she passed out huh.."

"Wow congrats. You hate guys like me? Cool. What's your purpose in this?" Daiki said, trying his hardest to ignore Kento's other sentence. 

"My purpose? Do I need one?" He smiled.

"Do you like her or something? Why are you asking me about this?" 

"No reason really.. She just told me you two were really close.. So I figured you knew something."

"Listen.." Daiki demanded. "I'm not in the mood!" He said, glaring at the tall guy which standing in front of his desk. 

Kento was taken back by the sudden attitude and clicked his tongue. 

"Ahh sou..." Kento began. "Then i'll stop bothering you.." He said before walking halfway back to his seat. Kento turned around and he shouted something that made Daiki twitch. 

"Perhaps, I like her afterall." He stated before sitting down. 

The girls in the room immediatly started gossiping to their friends wondering who the lucky girl was. Some were frozen shocked with their jaw hanged open staring at the handsome guy who had just confessed his love to some mysterious girl that they had no idea was. 

As for Daiki, he tried his hardest to get his heart beat back to normal for it was beating un-normably fast.

Sounanda.. Daiki thought. He does like her..

--A bit later on in the day--

Ayuki was still in the infirmary room sleeping when home room started. 

The teacher walked into the classroom and noticed that one person was missing. Ayuki. He glanced over to Daiki who seemed to be alone today and asked him a quick question.

"Arioka-kun, Matsumoto san wa?" 

"Beats me..." Daiki answered with an expressionless face. 

At this time, Kento immediatly raised his hand. "Sensei, Ayuki chan is in the nurse's room. She's not feeling well so will you please excuse her for today?" He asked. 

"Ahh souka." Sensei replied. "Thank you Nakajima kun for letting me know." 

"Douitashimae." Kento replied sitting down. 

Soon right after that, Daiki's arm shot up so fast that even sensei was suprised. "hai arioka kun?" 

"Can I switch seats with someone else's?" He asked.

The entire class started murmurming for they know that Daiki and Ayuki were ALWAYS together. If he changed his seat, he wouldn't be next to her anymore. 

Sensei raised his eyebrow and eyed the short black haired guy before speaking again.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Hai.. sensei." Daiki regretfully said. 

"Very

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter