"Let's Be Best Friends!"

Because Of My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Trust is like paper. Once it's crumbled, it can't be perfect." 

-Ayuki Matsumoto

---------

Third Person POV

"Yeah. The roof-top. It's quiet and no one goes there." Daiki messaged Yamada.

"Un. Okay. We'll be there." Yamada replied.

"Yosh. Ayuki, ikkou?" Daiki asserted as he gently held the hands of his girlfriend's. Ayuki nodded and together, they made their way up the stairs and towards the staircase. 

As soon as they opened the door, Yamada, Chinen, & Keito were already there waiting for them- Along with two very familiar faces. Ayuki's eyes widened as she saw her other two childhood friends standing there in front of them. "MIYU!" She exclaimed as she quickly ran over to give her a hug. 

"oi Yuto!" Daiki grinned as he high fived his other best friend. 

"You all know each other?" Keito asked.

"We were all childhood friends." Miyu pointed out.

"Wait... How do you guys know each other?" Daiki asked with a sense of confusion in his tone. 

"They were new transfer students in our class.." Yamada stated.

"Miyu, You and Yuto are both in the same class?" Ayuki wondered.

"Mhmm! I was going to be in class 1B, but there was another exchange student and he requested to be in 1B and the school directors agreed! Now I get to be with Yuu chan!" Miyu smiled.

"Matte.. 1B is our class... Ahh I knew something was up with that guy! Why in the world would he want to be in our class!?" Daiki boasted.

"huh?" Chinen said in a confused tone. 

"We had a new transfer student in our class. His name is Nakajima Kento." Ayuki explained. "ALL the girls 'kya-ed' for him. Well.. of course, except me.."

"How do you still remember his name?" Daiki murmured.

"ehh? Did you same something just now?" She asked.

"iie. I didn't say anything at all." He smiled back.

 

Ayuki's POV

I could've had sworn Daiki said something just now. I thought. Ahhh! I remembered I had to talk to Daiki.

"Nee, Dai-chan can we talk for a little while?" I asked, pulling onto his jacket. 

"Sure.." He agreed, standing there, assuming i meant in front of everyone. 

I face-palmed my face and laughed a bit. "I meant privately.."

"OOOOOH" The other's howled as I felt my face heat up. "Urusai!" I joked as I lead Daiki to the other side of the rooftop and behind the wall. 

"What is it?" He asked as I saw a tone of worry in his expression. 

"This morning, you looked kind of mad and worried. Your eyes were gazing everywhere." I started.

"Heh? I wasn't mad nor worried. What are you talking about?" He chuckled. But even for a clueless girl like me, I could tell that chuckle was just a fake. "So don't worry!" He smiled before walking off. 

His steps didn't manage to get far as I quickly wrapped my small stubby arms from behind him. "ehh? Ayuki, Doua-"

"Don't pretend around me. I know you have something against Nakajima Kento." I admitted.

"What are you talking abou-"

"You've been acting strange since this morning. During class, you kept turning around and glancing at him. You usually focus but today you seem out of it."

"We just got back to school. Of course I seem out of it." 

"Dai-chan.. I've known you for 16 years.. I can tell when something is bothering you." I asserted.

I heard a faint sigh coming out of him before he started speaking again. "It's almost as if he has his eyes on you."

"ehh? He's new. He can't possibly have eyes on me! Besides he doesn't even know me." I stated.

"I don't know! I just have this weird feeling." He admitted as he pulled my arms away before turning around to face me. "I just don't want to loose you. I almost lost you before. I don't want to experience that again."

"You wont loose me. Because our relationship is just like this." I said, enter-twining my fingers with his. "No one can break it apart." 

"Your fingers are freezing!" Daiki exclaimed as he immediately threw of his jacket then placing it on me. 

I laughed. "You care too much about me! You're going freeze then!" 

"Nahh. I'm a guy." He grinned as he pulled me in for another hug. "But I need warmth!" 

"Ahhh! You're so cheesy!" I giggled.

"Just a quick question.. Who's cuter? Me or that Kento guy?" Daiki suddenly asked.

"What!? Of course you!" I admitted.

"Good! Always remember that!" 

"Then answer MY question."

"Which is?"

"Who's cuter? Me or Nao?" 

"Ayuki, I told you a MILLION times before, I never liked Nao."

"You may have never liked her.. But you might think she's cute." I pouted. "All the guys fall for her."

"Well not me. I personally think you are cuter." Daik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter