The Day Everything Turned Upside Down

Because Of My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good friends are like stars you don't always see them but you know they're there."

-Ayuki Matsumoto

-------

------

"Yuto?" Miyu said, picking up the phone.

"I was too late." Yuto muttered.

"Ehh?" 

"Daiki is a real baka after-all." 

"You mean.." Miyu stopped.

"Un." Yuto finished. "Daiki he... he took my place."

-----

Daiki's POV

"Yoroshiku Oneegaishimasu." I bowed. 

"So you've agreed haven't you?" Nao's father smiled. 

"Hai. I will study really hard in school, exceed in everything, and learn the family business.  However, there's three things I want to ask for. Is that okay?" I asked.

"What would that be young man?"

"To let me stay in school until I graduate, to never interfere with ANY of my friends or family, and to keep this a secret from my family."

"Your three wishes are granted." 

"When shall I begin my lessons?" 

"One of my men will call you in advance to let you know about the upcoming dates. Please be prepared."

"Wakarimasu. Now, Please excuse me as I'll take my leave." I bowed once again. 

Walking past the grand hallways, past the huge corridors, by the enormous grand living room, I finally made my way to the exit, just to be encountered by a rather feminine girl. 

"Matte nee, Daiki.." She said, running up to me then pulling on my arm. "Are you really serious?"

I felt my eyes swell up so I tilted my head towards the night starry sky gazing upon the vast open sky where the stars held  high. "Un." I nodded as I bit my lip.

"Hontou!? Really!?" She exclaimed. "You really love me after-all, right?" She smiled, hugging me to the point I wanted to shove her off harshly. 

"Listen..." I remarked, pealing her arms off me. "I don't love you. You already know who I really love." I frustradly said. 

"Demo- You agreed to the marriage right!?" Nao nagged as she tried to grab onto me tighter.

"Let go, will you!?" I yelled, releasing a sudden tear. I forcefully pushed her away from me before bending down, grabbing my bag that I dropped when Nao literally trapped me in her small grasp. 

With my thick coat sleeve, I wiped the tears that escaped. "I didn't do this for you." I stated. "It was for my best friend Yuto and his girlfriend. Well, i'm glad you're happy." I snickered, walking off into the darkness. 

------

Third POV

"Dai-chan, doua?" Ayuki slowly said upon seeing Daiki leaning on the gates outside. Cuddling in her oversized sweater, she took his hand and led him inside the house. 

She helped him take off his coat then gave him a warm hug. "Why were you standing outside in the cold like that? You are freezing.." 

"I was just.. admiring the stars.." Daiki lied, pulling her into a tighter embrace. 

"Souka.." Ayuki replied, remaning in the same position. About half a minute in silence passed until she broke it again. "Nee, Dai-chan?" 

"Hmm?"

"You've been acting strange lately. With your sudden dyed hair and all.."

"Really? Let's just say I was dragged out by someone and forced me to dye my hair back to black. Literally." 

"But, why yesterday? On the day of our fight?" 

"I didn't get a choice.. my friend just saw me and he thought that this would make me feel better."

"Hontou? Which friend? Yamada kun? Chinen? Okamoto kun?"

"Uh, you don't know him. You don't want to know anyways. He's a pain. Really." Daiki lied again.

"Oh, I see.."

"Now, can I ask you a question?"

"un, ok."

"If someone you love gets taken away by someone else, how would you feel?" 

"It's hard to live like that. It's going to be really sad and painful... don't you think so?" Ayuki softly said. 

"Un." Daiki sighed. "Hora, time to sleep. Tomorrow is friday. We still have school. Get enough sleep for tomorrow." He said, releasing his grasp on her.

"Ehhh!? Can't we go on another date!?" Ayuki pouted. 

"Haha, we need education. Plus, who knows what sensei will do to us." He forcefully grinned. 

"Mou.. She's going to kill us!" 

"Silly girl." 

They made their way slowly to Ayuki's bedroom. "You know, I feel like a little girl instead, when you supposedly tuck me in.." Ayuki remarked, sticking her tongue out. 

"Well then, little girl.. Go to sleep okay?" Daiki smiled, patting her on the head. 

However, before he could retreat his hand, she grabbed onto it, pulling him towards her. 

"nani?" he laughed. 

"Stay with me! It's cold!" She pouted, moving over so there was was enough room for Daiki to sleep next to her. 

"Hai.. Hai.. Let me turn all the lights off first." He said.

In less than a minute, he came back into the room, turning the bedroom light off last before slipping into the bed. 

"This is the number one place I want to be Dai-chan." 

"In bed?" He laughed.

"baka!~ I meant next to you!" Ayuki laughed too. 

"Me too."

"Hontou?"

"Un. Right now, and forever..."

-----

Morning came and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter