"Why?"

Because Of My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"One of the hardest things in life is watching the person you love.. love someone else."

-Ayuki Matsumoto

-----

December 28, Morning:

"KYA!" I yelled, falling off the bed. I sat up and rubbed the back of my head. "Itai..."

"DOUA?" Daiki exclaimed, barging through my door, throwing the door open. 

"The alarm clock scared me.." I laughed.

He stared at me as if he was going to kill me or something. "GEEZ! I thought someone broke in or something.."

I eyed him. "If someone DID break in.. I would be dead by the time you came in.."

"Just be happy I made the attempt to drag my out of bed for you." He said, walking back out the door. "Good night!"

"EHHH!? It's morning already you know.."

"I know. Wake up me up when you are done making breakfast!" 

I attempted to throw my pillow at him but he closed my bedroom door to fast. 

"Dai-chan! You Baka!" I exclaimed. 

---

"I'm tired.." I yawned, walking down the hallway. I wasn't paying any attention to where I was heading. As I approached the stairs, I felt my right foot slip down the stair as if gravity was holding me down. Immediately, I tried to reach for the stair handle but my arm slipped as well. 

I closed my eyes shut and was prepared to tumble down the stairs. However, Instead of feeling a majority amount of pain, the pain was rather little and it subsided. I opened my eyes, thinking to find myself at the bottom of the staircase but instead, at the top. 

Feeling a tight  grip on my arm, I looked up to find my best friend standing there with his hand gripped on my arm. 

"D-D-dai-chan.." I stuttered.

"Who's the baka now? Watch where you are going! If I didn't see you, you would probably be down the stairs by now."

I bit my lip. "gomen.."

"ii yo.. Come on." He said, holding out his hand, signaling me to take it.

So I did. 

"Yosh! Good girl." Daiki smiled, patting me on the head. 

"Arigatou." I puffed my cheeks.

"Now where's my breakfast?"

"DAI-CHAN!" -_____-

----

"THIS is the breakfast I'm used to!" Daiki said, stuffing his mouth with omelets. He was almost up to his last one when I was still on my first. 

"You're eating.. incredibly fast.." I stated with my eyes wide open. 

"You're just eating slow!" Daiki replied, imitating me eating in slow motion.

"I don't eat THAT slow!" I pouted.

He stuffed the last omelete in his mouth, ran to the kitchen sink, placed the plate there, then raised his right arm. 

I stared at him as he quickly chewed away his food, and with his last gulp, he shouted "DONE" clenching his hand into a fist.

I blinked my eyes. One hand holding my plate, another holding my chopsticks, and my mouth was dropped open. "What the..." 

"Hurry up! I want to go soon!" He yelled, running back up the stairs. "By the time I'm done getting ready, you should be finished eating as well!" 

"WHAT!?" I exclaimed before stuffing my own face with my breakfast. 

Mou.. Dai-chan.. You are such a baka!

About a minute passed and I finally gulped down the last piece of my omelet. I placed the plate in the sink, then ran up the stairs. 

"Dai-chan! I'm don-" 

My words stopped upon myself as I saw Dai-chan leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. A smile crossed his face. "Too late!" 

I gave him my sour face. "WELL! You're going to have to wait for ME to get ready! Have fun waiting!" 

"If you don't get ready in a minute, then I'll leave without you!" He smiled. 

"WHAT!?"

"60.. 59.. 58.."

"Okay! Okay!" I exclaimed, running into my room, locking the door behind me. 

I was lucky enough to already prepare my clothes yesterday. Perhaps I was too excited. 

I quickly changed, grabbed my bag, and opened the door, putting my hair in a bun. 

"hai.. done." I smiled. 

"That was incredibly fast... Faster than ME" He said, with his eyes wide open. 

"Who's the fast one now? huh?" I laughed, pushing him down the halls. "Let's go!"

"Yosh! Ice-skating! Here we come!" 

"I'm still scared okay!?" I said, trailing after him down the stairs.

"Still!? I told you yesterday that I'll teach you!"

"You teach really bad.." I laughed. 

"YOU!" He said, messing up my bun. "Anyways, don't worry. You'll do perfectly fine!"

------

*Approximately two hours later*

"DAI-CHAN! DON'T LET GO!" I exclaimed, holding onto his arm tighter.

"Come on! You're doing good! You've been at this for half an hour now! You should try by yourself.."

"DON'T LET GO OF ME!" I screamed. 

"Shhh. People are staring.."

"NO! I'M SCARED!" 

"alright fine! fine! I wont let go.."

"yatta..." I sighed. 

5 minutes passed and I was finally about to let go off him. However, a little boy raced across us all of a sudden. I tried to stop but tripped. 

I was almost completly sure that I was going to fall head first on the ice but I fel Daiki pull me back up. Instead of falling head-first foward, I fell back-ward, my back, landing on something soft.

I turned my head to see what I landed on. As soon as I found my savior, Daiki started yelling at me. "you know.. you're pretty heavy for a small girl..."

I widened my eyes, and immediately got off him. "gomen!" I exclaimed, climbing off him. "Daijoubu!?" 

"Yeah." He said, sitting back up. 

One of the assistant rushed over and helped us up. 

"Are you really okay!?" I asked, feeling my tears swelling up. 

"Why are you crying? Are you hurt?" He said, wiping my tears. 

"I'm not hurt.. But are you!? That fall was really hard!" 

"I'm okay! Really!" He smiled. "ah.."

"hmm? nani?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter