'What if I don't want to forget my old one?"

Because Of My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I never knew silence can be this loud."

-Nao Hamasaki

----------

Two months had passed after that. The bond that Ayuki and Daiki once shared was starting to fade. The scar that the two of them shared, was now healed; however the mark still remained. Daiki had been busy 24/7. From waking up early to going straight to Nao's house right after school was tiring enough. But if you add the girls in the school that flails over him onto the amount of stress he already has, it equals a huge pain in the . Nao, for the past two months attempted to get Daiki to actually fall for her. There was even that one time when she had a slow romantic song playing to set the mood. She even dimmed the lights and wore a fancy dress in her own private house but he didn't even bother looking at her. Instead, everytime she does that, he just simply walks out and heads into his own house.

On Valentines Day, she sent HUGE boxes full of chocolate to his house. The men placed the heavy boxes right in front of his door not realizing they locked him inside. He had to cut open the boxes one by one in order just to even get to school. Valentines Day in Japan was the day for girls. The day for them to confess to the guy of their life. Daiki hopped that Ayuki had moved on already, that she wouldn't be giving him any chocolates. Not even friendly ones. But deep inside, he wanted her to. Right in front of his locker was a box full of chocolates. He took them home, searched through every one, just to have his heart sink a bit realizing that none of them were from her. 

On Ayuki's POV during Valentines day, she actually HAD the chocolates ready in her book bag. She couldn't resist making them for Daiki since she's been doing it every year. Kento picked her up the next day. Well- Every day actually. Kento, probably expecting that Ayuki would be giving him the chocolates, never did. He came to a conclusion figuring that she still hadn't fallen for him and that he had to try two times- no.. THREE times harder. He, himself had a box full of chocolates in front of his own locker. Doing the same thing that Daiki did, he brought them home, searching through every single one to find Nao's. But she never gave him any. 

Now.. It was March 10th. Monday. The teacher had just announced that there will be a white dance on friday. march 15. It was the student's idea. Their vote. However, this time.. It was the boys-ask-girls routine. Many girls started chatting to their friends, daydreaming about their crushes while the guys were busy caught up in their own little thinking world, making a plan of how to get their girls to go out with them. 

Right after the teacher left for independent study break, Daiki glanced over to Ayuki who seemed to be captivated by something out of the window. Luckily, Daiki's seat was right next to the window. He tried to follow her gaze to see who she c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter