A lonely walk home...

Because Of My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I want to be known as the girl who always smiles.

The one who can always brighten your day,

even if she can't brighten her own.."

-----------

"GOMEN!" Daiki said, placing his hands together, apologizing.

I shook my head. "Don't be sorry!" I smiled, walking off with him.

"no no no. I'll make it up! Let's see... Is there anything we could do at this time.." He wondered.

I patted him on the shoulder. "It's SERIOUSLY okay. Don't sweat it. Let's just get home fast. It's getting dark."

A week passed by and we always had the same routine. Well not 100% same. Maybe 90%? Daiki and I stopped having lunch together. He eats with his girlfriend from now on. That didn't bother me. I mean.. She's his girlfriend. The only thing I'm having a problem is.. is that he never told me who she was. We're best friends aren't we? Today, I waited about an hour in the cold outside of the school gates waiting for him to come so we could walk home together. Daiki said his girlfriend wanted to give him something but that was an awfully long time to 'give' something to someone. I simply just ignored the fact that my hands were ice cold and how my feet were almost frozen, hoping to get home as fast as I could. It was the first week of december. But to me.. It feels like the middle of winter. 

I stuck my hands in my jacket pockets and lowered my head into my scarf to keep warm. Just then, I heard my cellphone ring as if i had a message. I digged my skirt pockets to search for my phone and when I did, I flipped open the cover and saw a message I wasn't expecting.

[you ... You are the worst. You are the worst person ever trying to steal Arioka from his girlfriend. Die!]

As soon as I finished reading, I slammed my phone shut and dugged it deep in my jacket pockets. I shook it off and pretended nothing happened.

"Doua?" He said, looking for my phone in my pocket. 

I nudged his hand away and smiled. "it's nothing! It's just one of the notifications from the book store. There's a sale this week.. soo... yeah.." I bit my lip.

"Then why can't I see it?" Daiki asked. I could tell he was suspicious. 

"Because.. I have alot of personal things on it." I lied. 

He looked at me as if I was crazy then finally gave in. "souka.." He said.

I sighed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter