This is JUST beginning...

Because Of My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Never give up on the things that makes you smile."

-Ayuki Matsumoto

-----

As I compressed my eyelids to close over my eyes, I felt my tear drop down my cheeks. As soon as it reached the end of chin, Daiki started to slowly back off. 

From that, I immediately opened my eyes and wiped my tear. 

"You didn't retreat when I kissed you.."  Daiki said, staring me down to the point that I felt numb.

"About that..." I began as I couldn't find the words to say. "I've been feeling the same way.." 

About 5 seconds in complete utter silence passed until Daiki started talking again.

"Really?" He said, cracking a smile.

"Really." I replied.

"Really? Really?"

"Yes."

"Really? Really? Really-"

"Dai-chan!" I exclaimed, cracking a smile

"ah.. You finally smiled." Daiki laughed as he patted me on the head

I paused.. "I guessed I did.." I grinned, taking in a deep breath.

"Can we just.. talk it out? What happened before?" 

"It's uhh.. uhm.." I hesitated, tilting my head. The atmosphere seemed awkard and different now... It probably changed too fast for me to adapt.

"Come." Daiki insisted as he grabbed my hand and guided up the stairs. He took me back into my room and sat me on my bed then sat next to me. 

"What's wrong? Why were you crying? Are you hurt?" He said, feeling my forehead. 

I shook my head. "I'm not hurt. It's just that..."

"that..."

"That.. I.. saw you with Nao.." I said, staring at him as I hesitately waited for an answer.

"Where were you today?" He asked, eyeing me.

"Some girl came over. I supposed she saw you and Nao at the hospital. She said something like it she had to bring me there or her friend will be mad at her or something like that- I don't remember." I said, touching my right eye-brow. 

"That is true tho. Me being with her at the hospital. You saw it anyways."

"But dai-chan! You said you weren't going to lie to me anymore.."

"If i told you the truth, you would probably be mad at me. But I promise. There's nothing going on between me and Nao."

"Nn." I nodded. "I understand." 

"She was just hurt and they think she was about to pass away so her sister called me over figuring i would be a big of a support to her." 

"ohh... I see.. Is she feeling better?"

"She will be released out of the hospital tomorrow. New Year's Eve Day" 

"That's nice..." I smiled, relaxing my shoulders. 

"Is that why you were upset?" 

"There's also two more." 

"let's hear it!"

"So.. i was completely fustrated of being un-able to tell you my feelings.. I thought I was the only one that felt that way!" I laughed.

"It was funny because I thought I was the only that felt that way too!" He grinned.

"And that day, when we were eating breakfast together.. you almost.. kissed.. me. Then suddenly running off.. I thought you were only playing with my feelings.."

"You silly girl!" Daiki said, nudging me on the side. "Why would I ever try to play witj your feelings? I was REALLY about to kiss you. Nao just ruined it. I lied that time when I said it was a joke." 

"Baka!" I exclaimed, nudging him back. 

"So third?" 

"third... There's something that I want to give you that I just couldn't seem to find the right time to.."

"What is it?"

I stood up and walked over to my closet, opened it, and at finally, presented Daiki his gift. "Happy late Merry Christmas!" I smiled, hanging him the heavy gift. 

"Woah.. What is this?" He smiled back, examining the wrapped gift. 

"Open it and you'll see." I grinned.

I watched as his fingers slowly traveled to the top ribbons of the present. Slowly, second by second, the present was revealed and his eyes gazed onto mines.

"Ayuki... chan?" He said, widening his eyes.

"ehh? You don't like it?" I said, feeling my heart slump. 

"Baka! You are amazing!" Daiki exclaimed, embracing me with another hug.

"It's just a thank you for always saving me" I smiled, patting him on the back. 

After he released me, he shot me another glare. "Isn't this expensive?"

"A bit. I just have to watch out for my money from now on. You know.. since we can't get any more from our mom's." I shrugged.

"Oh! And I have your late happy late merry christmas present."

"ehh!?" I smiled.

"Although you saw it before... I tried to hide it from you by making you think different about it." Daiki said, as he went towards the bed-room door. "chotto matte nee" 

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter