"Why don't you believe me!?"

Because Of My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Trust is like a paper. Once it's crumbled, it can't be perfect."

-Arioka Daiki

-------

Arioka Daiki's POV

It's almost 10pm and she still isn't home... I panicked as I attempted to call her again.

"Any answer from her?" Miyu suddenly asked after I was transfered to her voicemail again for the eighth time. 

"No." I sighed. "Miyu, I think you and Yuto should go home now. I'm going to search for her." I said as I threw my jacket on. 

"I'll help" She insisted as she ran over to Yuto who was peering out the window. 

"It's fine. I'll search for her myself. It's cold outside. A girl will freeze in this kind of weather. 

"I don't think right now is the right time to search.." Yuto frowned as he walked away from the window. "It's pouring outside."

I stared at him to see if he was serious. "She doesn't have an umbrella. We rushed to school this morning.." I pointed out. 

"Daiki and I will search for her. Miyu, stay in the house alright?" He said, upon seeing my expression.

"If you are going, then I am too!" She pouted. 

"Stay here."

"no."

"please."

"no."

"come on.."

"no, i'm going!"

"MOU... Both of you just stay here or go home.. I have to go." I said, complete fustrated as I grabbed my umbrella, slipped on my shoes and out the door carrying only that and my phone.

----

Nao's POV

"Papa, you called for me?" I asked as I walked into his room.

"Yes, let's just have a small talk alright?" He said, pointing to the chair across the room from him. 

I seldomly sat down and waited for him to begin. "So what was it that you wanted to tell me?" 

"I'm going to need you to cooperate with this.. For the sake of the family company." 

"What cooperation? Just say it." I said. My patience was at it's peak. You only talk to me when you need me.. I mumbled.

"You're going to be in an arrganged marriage." Papa said as he took off his glasses. 

I stared at him dumbfounded and confused since I was left out of words and didn't know what to say.

"W-What do you mean?" I stammered. 

"I'm going to have you marry a young man around your age from a different company. Once you two marry, the company will be permanantly saved and there will be no stock drops in the future."

"But papa-"

"you WILL do what I ask you to do, right?" 

"Papa! I have someone I like! I don't want to get married off to some dork." I exclaimed.

"Nao, can you please understand?"

"I don't want to! You are always making me do things that I don't want to do. You spoil me with things and now I've grown to become a greedy and picky child who needs to have what she wants! I don't want any other guy but the guy that I like!" I stated.

"THEN.." He smiled. "Shall we have an agreement?" 

"agreement?"

"sou.."

"What?" 

"First off, is the guy you like, your boyfriend?" 

"No, but he was my ex-"

"Then I will cancel the marriage if ONLY you can get the guy you like to be your boyfriend."

"Really-"

"I'm not done yet. He has to be your boyfriend AND drop out of school to learn business management to save our family company."

"PAPA! THAT'S CRAZY! I CAN NEVER FORCE SOMEONE TO DO THAT!" I exclaimed. 

"Then shall you continue on with the marriage?" He smirked.

I hesitated for a bit but finally gave in. "II KARA!" I agreed before storming out of his room. 

-----

Ayuki Matsumoto's POV

My body felt numb and I wanted to give up.

That was..

Until someone threw open the door and called my name. 

"Oi! Who the hell are you?" One of the guys yelled, as the one on top of me continued un-button my shirt. With my shakey hands, I tried to push his hands away from me. "Hold still!" He yelled as he slapped my cheek again.. I could almost swear it was bleeding now. I have the thinnest skin and the fact that it's literally frozen made it easier to bleed. 

As the two guys were tackled to the floor, I tried to get a glimpse of who my savior was and at the same time shove the heavy guy off me. "Get off me!" I yelled as I struggled even harder.

As he got closer to me, his face became more recognizable and soon enough I was able to tell who it was. 

Nakajima Kento.

"She said get off her!" He yelled as he landed a straight punch onto his face which knocked him out instantly, leaving me with my eyes wide open. 

"Hurry." Nakajima said as he grabbed onto my hand. I quickly swooped up my bag before running out, tagging along with Nakajima.

After a couple of blocks running in the cold freezing rain, my legs started to get numb and I started to stumble.

"Nakajima kun!" I said, right before I collapsed. 

Swiftly, he turned around caught be in his arms as the rain started pouring even harder on us. 

"I can't run anymore." I coughed, gripping onto him.

"God, you're freezing.." He exclaimed as he touched my cheeks. "itai!" I cried.

"You're bleeding alot." The guy said as handed me his jacket. "Hold onto this.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter