Just a Friend?

Because Of My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"If you don't understand my silence, how are you ever going to understand my words?"

-Arioka Daiki

------------

Arioka Daiki's POV

Yesterday wasn't what I expected it to be. I wanted to spend it with my best friend. I wanted to enjoy every second with her. I proabably shouldn't have said that. But I mean.. She should've believed me when I said I wasn't with Nao anymore. That Nao just HAD to show up didn't she?

Ayuki Matsumoto's POV

I thought yesterday would be different. I thought I will finally confess to him but it was the complete opposite. I probably shouldn't have yelled at him... -sigh- I just want to crawl into a hole and fade away. 

Arioka Daiki's POV

It seemed like a lonely morning. December 26.. I dragged myself out of bed after a night of not being able to sleep. Ayuki was on my mind the entire time. The image of her crying face kept popping up in my head. The house was quiet so I figured she probably was still asleep. I slightly opened the door and peeked through. I was correct. I closed the door and walked down the stairs toward the kitchen.

Looking at the empty kitchen and dining room where me and Ayuki used to laugh so much at, It just kills me. 

I grabbed my coat, slipped on my sneakers and walked out to buy myself breakfast.

Ayuki Matsumoto's POV

I woke up this morning to find Daiki gone again. I trailed down the stairs and saw his shoes gone. As always.. He's leaves without telling me.

I stopped. 

Why am I thinking that? I was the one that told him I'll leave him alone.

I stared at the kitchen. Somehow.. I only ate breakfast yesterday thanks to Daiki.. I didn't eat lunch nor dinner. This morning.. I don't feel hungry. 

I walked back up to my room and peeked at the present that I stuffed in the closet. The 500 dollar camera that I brought of Daiki.. I still haven't given it to him. 

I stuffed it back in then walked into the bathroom. My scars.. I peeled of the band-aids that Daiki placed on me and ret-treated my wounds with new band-aids. 

Again, I walked back into the bedroom and searched for yesterday's clothes. I wondered to myself.. How did I get scars this bad if I was all covered up. When I finally found them, I observed it carefully. It was all blood-stained and ripped. 

There goes my clothes. I thought as I took them out from the laundry basket and threw them in the trash. 

Just then, I heard the front door open. Assuming it was daiki, I closed my door and sat on the floor curling up in a ball. I hugged my knees tightly, hoping he wouldn't come in. 

He didn't. I didn't even hear his footsteps on the 2nd floor. 

I quietly creaked open the door and peered down the stairs. I didn't see him in the living room so I figured he was in the dining

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter