When Time Still...

Because Of My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Every girl has three guys in her life. 
1. The one she Loves.
2. The one she Hates. 
3. The one she Can't Live Without.
And in the end.. they are all the same guy."

-Ayuki Matsumoto

-------------

December 30th morning:

"Dai-chan, you're leaving again?" I asked, walking up to him who was about to close the front door behind him.

"Yeah. My uhh classmate needs me to help so yeah."

"Oh.. When are you coming back?"

"Probably same time as yesterday.."

"Oh." 'Oh' seemed to be the only word I can get out.

"So.. I'll be on my way now."

"Ittarashai." I said, before closing the door after him.

Another quiet day... I thought. I sat down on the couch and pulled out a magazine to read to pass the time. 

However, right after I finished my magazine, I heard someone call my name from the outside. 

It wasn't a male voice. It seemed rather... feminine.

Without thinking first, I opened the door to see the owner of the voice. She was one of the girls that tormented me.

I was about to close the door, but she stopped me. "Wait! Please listen to me first!" She yelled, trying to pull the door open again. 

"NO! I don't want to!" I muttered.

"I need to show you something! It's really important!"

"Show it to me some other time!" 

"I can't! It's about Arioka-kun!" 

"ehh?"

"He's with another girl." 

The words 'another girl' got me. And as if it all the energy out of me, my hand just slipped and the door flew open.

"What do you mean?"

"THIS IS why I hate you. But if it wasn't for my best friend, I wouldn't be here right now."

"Then just leave!" 

"NO! Please! I promise I will take you STRAIGHT to Arioka-kun." 

"But-"

"I PROMISE!" 

I hesitated but finally gave in. I slipped on my flats then closed the door behind me. 

While running down the streets, I kept thinking "Dai-chan is telling me the truth. He's telling me the truth. He wont lie to me." But I another part of me had a feeling that he wasn't. 

I expected the place to be at a park. Or even a restaurant. But it wasn't. Instead, she led me to an enormous white hospital. 

"Wait..." I heavily breathed. "Take a break.." 

"There's no time." She insisted, pushing me towards the stairs. "Let's go. It's on the second floor. There's no need for an elevator."

"uhm.." I said, trailing after her in the staircase. As we reached the second floor, she lead me to a room near the end of the halls. 

"I don't know..." I said, catching my breath. "If I should..." "...Look in."

"EHH? What do you mean? You're here already!"

"But..."

"Hayaku..." She said, guesturing me to come closer to the door. 

I clencehd my fist on my sides and s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter