"I just don't understand."

Because Of My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sometimes you just have to forget the past and move on. But the problem is what past is there to be forgotten?"

-Ayuki Matsumoto

--------

"gomen nee." Miyu apologized after hearing everything Daiki told her. He made her keep a promise to not tell anyone. She took the promise.

"Nande?" Daiki replied. 

"You didn't have to go through that much just for Yuto and I.." Miyu said.

"You two did alot for Ayuki and I. I wont be able to stand it being all happy when you two are apart from each other."

"And you can stand doing all those harsh things to the girl you love?" She frowned. 

"She's going to hate me eventually. Plus.. she has Kento on her side. Ayuki isn't that weak." 

"It seems so easy for you. I mean, giving her up just like that." 

"It wasn't easy. You don't know how badly I want to see her right now but I just can't."

"Sounanda.. demo.. you can't be serious. How are you going to find a way out of the marriage?" Miyu raised a question.

"That.." Daiki began. "I need to find a way to make enough money to save the company. If I have enough money then the company will be fine without any marriage arrangements."

"How? I mean.. you're going to have to be a millionare to do that." 

"Mou wakanai yo~!" Daiki sighed heavily. "Anyways, can you do me a favor?"

"What is it?"

"Find a way that will make Ayuki fall in love with Kento. She needs a new love." He bitted his lip. 

"No way. I'm not going to do that!" Miyu's eyes widened. "You are the only one for her. I'm not going to help her fall in love with another guy. I'm sorry. I just can't." 

"Please. I don't want her to feel like this."

"But-"

"Please.." Daiki pleaded, begging on his knees with his hands placed on the floor.

"Mou. Wakatta yo~" Miyu gave in. "Hora. Get up. I don't want to see one of my best friends this way." She said, helping him up.

"God. I'm so pathetic." He sighed. 

"No you aren't. I think that's a brave thing you did. Taking Yuto's spot for our sake. However, I'm still kind of mad at you.. for not telling us this." Miyu asserted, folding her arms across her chest. 

"Gomen. I wanted to keep this a secret from you and Yuto but I guess it isn't a secret anymore." He shrugged. 

"Can I tell Yuto though?"

"He's going to kill me."

"Actually.." She said, playing with her sleeves. "He knew already that you were going to take his place."

Daiki lifted an eyebrow. "ehh?" 

"That's all he knew though. He even left early but you beated him to it."

"souka.." He sighed again. 

"Am I able to tell him everything that happened so far? You know Yuto already. He keeps secrets." She stated. "And that's a fact."

"fine." Daiki said as he slid the door open. 

"Where are you going?" She asked. 

Daiki stopped and flashed her a strong smile. "I have to find Nao. I need to get my schedule so I know which days I have to visit their house and what time. I'm going to try my hardest. Then when i'm done with everything, I'll find a way to return Ayuki." He said before dissappearing from Miyu's sight. 

I need to help him somehow.. Miyu thought to herself as she pulled out her phone from her pocket.

---------

"What are you doing?" Yuto yelled as he pushed the two away from each other. "Ayuki, what has gotten into you!? Do you not care about Daiki's feelings anymore!?" 

"But I.. I.." She stammered, confused of what to say. 

That's right. Yuto was accidentally blaming HER for this even thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter