Chapter 8

U-KISS : Unexpected, Accidental Love

Chapter 8

 

School, or what I call it, the war zone - Aiden

 

--------------------

--------------------------------

 

 

 

“Well as you know you are still a teenager, so you will be going to high school Starting as of tomorrow morning”

“Wait, I don’t feel good all of a sudden” Aiden faked cough but the manager didn’t buy,

“Don’t worry; Dongho is going to the same school”

“I know, Dongho already told me”

“Excellent!” the man exclaimed, Kiseop returned and looked at Aiden,

“Hey…Aiden”

“Ye hyung?”

“Do…you want to go to get ice cream?”

“Sure!” Aiden got up and walked to the door

“Do you want to get changed first?” the older man asked

“Why?”

“Well…you slept in your clothes from yesterday”

“I didn’t wear them all day yesterday, only partly”

“Okay then…” once Aiden and Kiseop left, Dongho came out and looked at the door then sighed.

Aiden looked around, then turned to the elder, “Thank you again for taking me out, Kiseop hyung”

“No need to thank me”

“I still appreciate it” Aiden smiled, Kiseop nodded slightly.

 

 

 

Kiseop stood in line for his and Aiden’s ice cream while the teen stayed outside, he looks around and notices a small boy crying.

Looking around he found no one going to help him, flipping his hair he walks over to the boy and kneels in front of him, “Yo~ what’s wrong little one?”

“M-M-My cat…h-he’s stuck i-in the t-t-treeee~” the boy looked around six to eight years old, looking up Aiden found the small grey Korat kitten, meowing upon a branch, he looks back at the boy with a small smile “Don’t worry, I’ll get him down. I’m an excellent climber; so don’t cry okay?” the boy nodded wiping his tears away.

Aiden took a deep breath before jumping up and grabbing hold of a sturdy branch, thus helping himself up and into the tree and towards the kitten.

The small boy watched in awe as Aiden climbed up the tree with ease and was soon encountering the small kitten, he reaches up and tries to grab it, “Hey kitty, come here now” Aiden said stretching further

“Please be careful” the boy on the ground called up, “I don’t want you getting hurt because of me”

“Don’t worry!” Aiden called down, smiling

“But your sixteen feet off the ground…” the boy whispered, watching.

Aiden turned his attention back to the kitten as it jumped right at him; he catches the kitten with both hands, forgetting the branch he was holding onto, and soon enough; he fell.

 

Everything seemed in slow motion to Aiden, the cat jumping into his arms, him letting go of the branch he held to keep him steady; and now he was falling.

With a quick movement he places the cat in his left arm and reached for a branch with his right.

With luck on his side his hand grasped an branch but didn’t realize it was very skinny

“Omo! Are you alright??” the boy yelled, watching Aiden in fear

“Y-Ye! I’m alright!” Aiden called

“Aiden?!” he looks to see Kiseop, staring at him, “What are you doing?!”

“Saving a kitten, what about you?”

“Obviously watching you commit suicide!”

“Oh calm down hyung!”

“Your brother is going to kill me!”
“Not if there isn’t evidence~”

“Aish…Just come down already!”

“Ye!”

At the moment the kitten jumped out of his arms and landed in the small boys arms, “Prince! You’re alright, neh?”

Aiden smiled as the boy cuddled with his kitten, “Thank you!”
“No problem”

“Aiden!”

“Okay, okay. Killjoy~” he heard Kiseop sigh.

Swinging back and forth, Aiden was ready to jump and flip in midair like always, once he had swung enough he let go at the right time and did his flip, landing on his feet with a light thud.

When he stood he noticed a lot of girls –mostly middle and high school girls- staring while walking past, “Never seen a boy jump from a tree while doing a flip huh…” the teen muttered, and then gratefully taking his ice cream, “Thank you hyung~” he cooed, Kiseop just smiled and nudged his arm,

“Come on, I’ll take you clothe shopping”

“Really??” Aiden looked up at the younger man then jumped around his hyung, happy to hear that he was getting clothes

“Calm down, aish you’re such a kid”

“I can if I want” Aiden said quietly, as he calmed down and walked beside his hyung, “This is actually the first time I’ve gone shopping looking for clothes I like…” he said.

 

(Aiden’s POV)

“This is actually the first time I’ve gone shopping looking for clothes I like…” I said, and it was true, even before umma and appa got divorced; I was never allowed to shop for myself...

While I was lost in my own world Kiseop just talked but I didn’t pay any attention, within no time we were heading into the mall, and I had finished my ice cream.
“So where do you want to look first?”

“What kind of school am I going to?”

“An academy…”

“Ugh…I hate uniforms…”

“So does Dongho, but it’s the only school you two can go to…”

“What is the name of it?”

“SK Academy, I believe…”

“Colors?”

“Red, tan for the pants, and white…sometimes black too…”

“So red suit top and black jeans will be fine?”

“Pretty much…also white dress shirts and red ties…”

“Sound like a gang school” I laughed.

We didn’t take long in finding outside school clothes; the hard part was when we had to look for the suit top and find a plain red tie; after finding the uniform I found some loose t-shirts and two hats.

I held all three bags while Kiseop hyung sipped his coffee, “Are you sure you don’t want me to hold anything?”

“I’m fine”

“Alright…” I looked around while we were walking towards the exit, and spotted a cute stuffed animal stand, without telling Kiseop hyung I walked over to the stand and picked up a few of them and smiled, I don’t care if I am seventeen and a boy, I still love anything that is soft and cute.

“Can I help you little boy?” I looked up and smiled even wider

“Aniyo, just looking~”

“Alright, please let me know if you find something you like”

“Neh~” the man smiled as I saw a small clown fish stuffed animal and smirked, when I picked up the fish I felt someone bump into me,

“Omo! I am so sorry!” a boy said making sure I don’t fall forward,

“It’s okay” I looked at him and couldn’t stop, he had soft looking brown hair that covered his left eye, just like mine except it was a bit longer, he had brown orbs that stared into my own, his features were flawless, and he was a bit taller than me; I shook my head and I looked back at him, he was staring at my hands.

“Is that the last fish?”

“I-I don’t know…” I said, looking at the stand, finding no other one there,

“Excuse me; do you have another clown fish?”

“I’m sorry, but this little guy has the last one” I looked at him then the fish, and then smiled slightly turning towards him,

“Here”

“Ani, I can’t take it from you…”

“You’re not technically; I’m giving it to you” his eyes lit up as I placed the stuffed animal in his hands, “There are other fish in the sea” the both of us laughed at the small joke, looking around I found  a small polar bear, and hugged it.

“Aiden!!” I heard someone yell in my ear and I jumped

“Ahh! Don’t scare me hyung!” I poked his cheek and he sighed

“You scared me, are you getting that?”

“Hmph, as a matter-of-fact I am…” I said, hugging the soft toy, “And his name is Kim Jun-Jang”

“Kinda weird…”

“Don’t care…his nick name is polar….” Kiseop hyung laughed at my childish form and paid for the toy, “Hey I said I wa-”

“It’s fine, let’s just say….it’s a gift from me, you’re like a brother; so you keep it with you, got it?”

“Ye, Thank you!” I hugged my polar bear and looked at the boy beside who was doing the same thing; he looked at me and bowed,

“Thank you for giving me this fish”

“It’s nothing, again ‘There are other fish in the sea’ I’ll find another soon” the boy smiled and walked off. Kiseop hyung head locked me

“H-Hyung~!” I started kicking as he grabbed the bags and drug me out of the mall.

 

All the way there I held my new friend and smiled, I ignored all of the comments Kiseop said, most of them involved calling me a child. When we got back to the dorm I opened the door and tackled my brother, “Bro guess what!”

“Don’t shout, and what?” he asked sitting up so that way I fall off, I laid on my back when I showed him the bear, “Kiseop hyung got me this”

“Aren’t you too ol-”

“I am not…”

“Yah! I have a few, what’s wrong with having a stuffed friend”

“Yeah” I agreed with Dongho whom came and helped me up and we looked at Eli. He just smiled and ruffled my hair

“I’m glad you’re happy Aid…” I looked at him

“Thank you” at that moment I was hugged by Kevin, I looked at him and hugged back.

“You two start school tomorrow right?”

“Neh” I said, and leaned in and whispered “Hyung can I talk to you for a minute”

“Sure” we walked into the kitchen and I faced him, “what is it Aiden?”

“You guys didn’t watch the CD yet…have you?”

“No not yet, Dongho got it out. We were waiting for you and Kiseop to return”

I nodded, “You guys can watch it, because I’m going to bed early…”

“No you have to watch!” Kevin grabbed my arm and soon pushed me onto the couch as everyone began to pile on; Kevin sat in Eli’s lap and everyone else found their own seats, I sat in between Dongho and Hoon, they smiled as they held me down in my seat, “You know I should really go…”

“You’re staying Aiden”

“Aniyo!!” I protested but I felt their arms hold me down.

I watched as the CD started and it showed my very first performance with the crew, “No!” I yelled, covering my face. I saw myself, dressed in orange and white; I remembered the first time Chaz decided on the clothing before I took over, I felt my face heat up in embarrassment

“Why did you guys wear orange and white?”

“My crew member Chaz thought it was a brilliant idea…” I mumbled through my hands as I watched it go on. During the dance I saw that I kept watching my feet, but when I didn’t I would stumbled; I remember crying that night, feeling that I couldn’t dance at all.

After a few more performances I saw how far I have come, in every clip my dancing got better. Then the last video, my last performance came up; I nearly forgot that I sang one of the songs, showing my ability “I’m gonna go now!” I nearly got off the couch but Dongho sat on my lap and laid his head on Hoon’s lap

“Meanies~…” I pouted and hid my face in Dongho’s shoulder as he chuckled,

“What’s so bad about this clip?” I groaned as I heard the cheers for the last clip

“We are Fusion Surge! Forever Seven!!” I heard Jay say, “We would have never made it here without our leader, Black star. He got us motivated and I am glad he is our leader” I looked up and saw the smile on their faces; I refused to cry, not in front of my brother and his band mates. I covered my flushed face once again as I heard the music play, it was the ‘0330’ song…and I was singing and dancing to it,

“Yo, Listen up. This is my tragic story, just the breakin’ in my heart. Check it” I shrunk deeper into the covers as the rest watched in awe. I looked at myself and saw that my hair was done differently than I had imagined, I remember how many bobby pins it took just to keep on one side. The other half covered my left eye,

“Omo…he looks like Kevin from when we debuted ‘manmanhani’” Dongho said, watching the screen, “He sounds just like Eli when he sings!”

“I’m not that great….”

“Shhh! I wanna listen” I felt my face heat up even more –if that was even possible- after seeing the just dancing song, the last and final song where it was just singing;

“Alright, for third place we have….‘Mini 2ne1’, in second we have ‘BackStreet Junior’” the crowd cheered as I looked  at the screen, “And in first….FUSION SURGE!!” I smiled when I say all the guys hugged each other, cheering as we got the trophy. I yawned and the T.V. went off and Eli smiled at me “You are very talented Aid”

“Thank you hyung”

“Now you and Dongho get to bed, tomorrow you start school” I groaned,

School, or what I call it; the war zone I thought but obeyed my brothers orders and followed Dongho up

I went and changed before Dongho and we both washed up our faces, “I agree with Eli hyung, you’re amazing Aiden”

“Am not, I’m nothing compared to you guys”

“You’re at that level, you just don’t know it yet” he patted my shoulder and began to put my hair in different pony tails

“Whaa aaaa yoo doinnn?” I said then spit

“What?”

“What are you doing??”

“Messing with your hair”

“It’s fine, no need”

“Just let me”

“Fine, fine…”

After all that we laid in separate beds and soon drifted off to sleep, soon it will be tomorrow and I will be in war, I nearly chuckled and allowed sleep to take over.

(End of POV)

 

 

 

 

 

Dongho woke up, groaning at the time 5:15 read on the clock in red lettering, he gets up and does his morning routine.

Aiden on the other hand, was fast asleep; he cuddled with his stuffed animal the entire night. Not wanting to let go.

Dongho comes back wearing the academies uniform and looked at Aiden, “Yah get up now” he shook Aiden’s shoulder gently, before he shook harder “Up, up; get up!” he yelled but Aiden showed no signs of waking; Pouting in defeat Dongho goes and gets Soohyun, hoping he could wake the sleeping teen.

When Soohyun entered the room with the maknae the boy was still sleeping peacefully, “Aiden~” Soohyun cooed shaking the teen, then helped him sit up; Aiden opened his eyes slightly then closed them again “Sleep…” he croaked

“No you gotta get up…Dongho get his clothes”

“Neh” the smaller did as he was told. Soohyun kept Aiden up while Dongho went out, “Are you okay?”

“It’s too early…”

“Not really”

“If it’s five it early…if it’s six it’s too early…” Soohyun just laughed at ruffled the teen hair.

“Don’t worry”

“Is Umma making food?”

“Who?”

“Kevin umma”

“Oh, yes he is” Aiden smiled

“Yay~ and Eli hyung is asleep still?”

“Ye, I’ll get him up before you leave”

“Okay…”

“Here you go Aiden” Dongho handed him his clothes, “and hurry, Kevin is making breakfast; so we have to eat quickly and I’ll do your hair”

“Okay, okay; I’ll be down soon” the teen said yawning, waving them away.

 

After a few minutes of dressing, Aiden finally dissents the stairs and walks to the kitchen; not being in there for a second and someone yells right in his ear “AIDEN!” the teen backs up into the wall in freight

“HYUNG?!” Aiden yelled back, staring at Kevin; who yelled the first time.

“Omo, I’m sorry Aid” the older said hugging the teen and patted his head gently, “Eat up okay?” Aiden nodded and looked at the American style breakfast; he sat and ate and finished within minutes.

“Come on we have to do your hair!” Dongho yelled dragging the teen up to their shared room and sat Aiden down, “Close your eyes and don’t peek!”

“Arraso” Aiden said quietly, letting Dongho do as he pleases.

 

(Aiden’s POV)

 

I yawned slightly, I hated school; it was a war zone…

I felt relaxed as Dongho hyung played with my hair, styling it however he wanted.

When it felt like an hour past I reached my hand up and found the top of his head, “Don’t we have school today?”

“It’s only been at least two minutes…”

“Feels longer…”

“Almost done okay?”

“Neh…” I put my hand back down, when I felt my bangs touch the left side of my face I shivered; after I felt a comb or brush go through my hair he helped me up.

“Okay, open” I did so and looked at him, he was smiling from ear to ear

“I’ll take a guess. It’s the hair style from my last dance clip?”

“Ye, I like how it looks on you” I smiled

“Thank you, now let’s go, I don’t want to be late on the first day”

“Arraso!” Dongho dragged me out of the room and down the stairs; Eli stopped us and kissed my head

“Make sure you stay after school okay? Dongho has to leave afterwards for a photo shoot for his movie. We will pick you up because we have to see manager-shi” I nodded.

“I will”

“Good! Have fun” he said and ruffled Dongho’s hair,

“Yah! Don’t mess with my precious hair!” Dongho whined, fixing it.

Aiden chuckled, grabbing his and the older teen’s bag “Come on, don’t want to be late” I fast walked out with Dongho following

“The bus will be here, calm down”

“Bus?”

“Never rode a bus before?”

“uhh…” I remembered the last time I rode a bus…all hell broke loose. We stood for about five minutes until a bus came along and picked us up. Dongho looked for a two seated row, but none were found, I patted Dongho’s shoulder then walked towards the back.

He took the sign and sat next to a girl, whom I presumed were friends; I looked around and found a seat in the back, the bus started to move and caused me to fall on my face, “ow…” I hissed, hearing laugher from others around me. Sighing I pulled myself up and had my hand smacked from the seat “Get away, …” I stared at the boy and chose to ignore his comment and walk to the back.

When I sat down I saw Dongho looking at me worried, I waved to him, showing that I was fine; nodding his head he faced forward.

 

(End of POV)

The entire way to the academy was hell for Aiden; every now and then he’d hear soft whispers of ‘Who is that kid?’ ‘Is he gay or something?’  And so on. Aiden wanted to break the window near his face so badly, but didn’t.

Looking at the cars passing by, he finally looked around the road they were on and saw the academy, and his jaw nearly dropped. It was huge compared to all the high schools in America. “That’s like two, maybe three universities put together” he whispered, moving his bangs slightly to see the school clearer.

The bus stopped and everyone exited, leaving Aiden to come out alone; when he did a man in a grey suit was waiting near the bus, “Jung-Hwa? Kim Jung-Hwa?”

“Ye” he bowed and looked at the man,

“Welcome to SK Academy, I am the head master Son Jang-min”

“It’s a pleasure to be here in your academy, sir” the man smiled and held his hand out, Aiden smiled as well and shook hands with him.

“Let me take you to your first class”

“Thank you, you are kind” Aiden said and followed the man towards the campus.

 

“Stay here okay” Aiden nodded as the bell rung, telling students to sit and listen “Students we have a new class mate starring today, his name is Kim Jung-Hwa” the man turned towards the door and gestured Aiden to come in. Taking a deep breath he enters the classroom and kept his head down; he hated the first day, very much.

“Hello, I am Jung-hwa, but back in America I am called Aiden” he lifted his head slightly, seeing Dongho and smiled slightly, “It is nice to meet you all, please take care of me”

“Alright, do you have any specialties?”

“I am a dancer, I sing; play the Piano, Violin, Guitar; I draw too…” Aiden said, looking at the ground

“Singer?” one of the students asked, standing up, watching Aiden.

“Neh”

“Then sing”

“Now, now; class is starting as of right now, maybe later. Aiden please sit next to Lee Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk please raise your hand” Aiden saw a boy with blonde hair that covered his eyes, Aiden walked up the walks way and sat in the empty seat next to him.

Eunhyuk didn’t bother to say hi, or welcome him; ‘Well this is just fabulous…’ Aiden thought before the teacher came in and started the lecture.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Subscribers^^ Yay Thank you~!!