Chapter 1

U-KISS : Unexpected, Accidental Love

Chapter – 1

 

How can one phone call be so troublesome?

 

------------------------

------------------------------

 

Another successful concert done by K-Pop group ‘U-Kiss’ all the members yawned, as they seemed to be very tired, Eli looked for his phone and found it on one of the make-up tables, noticing a missed call from his mom. He walks into another room, calling his mother bac;, at this Kevin noticed and chuckled slightly.

He smiled thinking it was his girlfriend, wait, did he even have a girlfriend? Kevin shrugged sitting in between Dongho and AJ, “Man I’m beat” Dongho said leaning against Kevin for support

“I’m still hyped up!”

“You’re always hyped up AJ”

“True!” AJ said getting up. Dongho sighed and looked at Eli, seeing his face was expressionless, “Hyung what’s up”

“Yah Eli~” Kevin said looking at him “Are you okay?”

“…Ye…I’ll be back” he said escaping out of the room.

“What do you think it is Kevin Hyung?”

“My senses are tingling!” AJ exclaimed, “Something must have happened, it’s written all over his face” Hoon laughed slightly,

“Knowing you AJ, you won’t stop until you know”

“Exactly”

“What are you going to do?” Soohyun asked, turning around in one of the chairs, looking like a boss with his elbows on the arms, intertwining his fingers.

“I say we follow him”

“Count Hyung and I out” Dongho said

“Wae?”

“Because Kevin Hyung is out” the four men looked to see that Dongho was right, Kevin was sleeping peacefully against the Youngers shoulder,

“Fine then, Hoon, Soohyun, Kiseop, and I will go”

“Have fun” Dongho said trying to sleep.

AJ turned to the other three, grinning from ear to ear,

“Well?”

“Fine…”

“Ani, I want to sleep too” Kiseop said walking over to Kevin’s side, but Hoon stopped him,

“Ani~ you’re coming with us”

“Hyung~” He said being dragged out of the room by Hoon and Soohyun with AJ following behind.

Outside the room it was quiet, well since there was hardly anyone in the building; they walked down the hall quietly.

They stopped when they heard Eli’s voice and their manager’s voice, inside another room “Well, I’ll have to think about it. How long till then?”

“In about a week…”

“Then I’ll have your answer by Wednesday, possibly sooner”

“Gamsahabnida Hyung”

“Get back with everyone and get ready to leave”

“Ye, Hyung” at this the four men ran back to the room as quietly as possible, but once inside they looked at each other “Mwoya!” they yelled, waking Kevin and Dongho.

“Hyung~ Why did you yell?? We were sleeping!” they both yelled, sounding like little kids,

“N-Nothing, just go back to sleep”

“Too late…What happened?” Kevin asked, rubbing his eyes

“Nothing~” the four men said, looking around the room

“Okay you are all creepy” Dongho said watching them.

Soon the door opened and Eli stepped in looking at the scene before him, “What happened?”

“Nothing” AJ said being occupied by his bag

“They woke us up...” Kevin said rubbing his eye again, Eli laughed slightly, helping him stand,

“Get ready to leave alright? I’m taking Kevin to the van” Everyone nodded as the two left the room.

 

AJ turned to Dongho, “Wanna know what we heard?”

“Sure why not…Doesn’t concern me…”

“We think Eli is…leaving” at this Dongho’s eyes widen slightly

“What?”

“Exactly as I said” he saw the hurt in the younger’s eyes

“We’re not sure…But we feel the same Dongho…”

“Their no way to tell, but no matter what we have to keep him here…”

“Ye…” they all look at each other then grabbed their stuff before Eli returned. When Eli came back they acted as if nothing happened and followed Eli to the vans, the four of them rode in one van while Eli and Kevin rode with their manager.

 

Soon they arrive at their dorm, everyone but AJ and Eli were asleep, Eli was researching on his laptop when AJ walked by, “Yah Hyung, are you alright?”

“Ye, wae”

“Cause you seemed down earlier”

“Oh it’s nothing. Just a lot on my mind”

“You should sleep”

“I guess…” Eli turned off his laptop and headed to his room, AJ watched him, heading to bed himself.

 

 

“Eli?! Hyung where are you?” Dongho yelled waking everyone but Kiseop, Kevin comes down rubbing the sleep from his eyes, “Dongho, why are you so loud, it’s Saturday…”

“But Eli hyung is gone…” Kevin looked around, then found a piece of paper and smiled

 “Don’t worry, he left a note, he’s with manager-shi”

“Oh…”

“Since we’re up I’ll make food, get Kiseop, I know he didn’t wake up”

“Ye hyung” he said walking up to Kiseop’s room, “Kiseop Hyung get up!” he groaned putting his pillow over his head, “Hyung!” the younger boy yelled hitting Kiseop with a pillow hard

“Yah! What?”

“Get up!”

“No, now get out!”

“Fine you can’t have any of Kevin hyung’s food then” he walks out closing the door. Kiseop sat there dumbfound then jumped out of bed, rushing down to the kitchen seeing Kevin cooking. Hoon sat at the table, face lying down on the surface.

Dongho and AJ wrestled while Kevin cooked for them, “Where’s Eli?” AJ says, holding Dongho in a head lock

“With Manager-shi”

“Why?”

“I dunno, they left around five or so…” AJ looked at Kiseop, who looked back at him sadly

“Guys, I don’t think he’s comi-”

“Yah! Guys you awake??” Eli’s voice called out, entering the dorm.

“Eli~ your back just in time! I made breakfast come and eat”

“After I tell you something”

“Bad news first” Dongho says

“There isn’t bad news”

“Really? Then tell us”

“Well uh...”

“Who’s the small boy outside with manager-shi?” Kevin asked, looking out the window

"Yea about that..."

"You're leaving..." AJ said looking at him releasing Dongho

"Hyung don't leave!"

"Why would I leave?"

"Ehh?" The four said while Kevin walked out.

"What made you think I'm leaving?"

"B-but you said one week or sooner to manager hyung!"

"Oh that's because we have a vi-"

"Visitor" Kevin shouted, leading in a small boy who hid his face in his hood, "He's our new roommate" everyone's jaws dropped, seeing the small boy.

“Guys, meet Jung-Hwa.” Eli said looking at the shorter boy, “Jung-Hwa, don’t be afraid” Jung-Hwa looked at then older man then nodded, he pushed his hood down revealing his face.

Everyone stared at him, he had deep brown eyes and hair; his bangs hid his left eye and part of his cheek.

His skin was slightly pale, but had some color, and his jawline was perfect, to them all he looked beautiful, just like a girl, if only he wasn’t a boy.

AJ was the first to step up to greet the younger one, “Yo, I’m Shin Jae Seop” he offered his hand, hoping for a hand shake, Jung-Hwa took his hand and shook, “Kim Jung-Hwa” the smaller male’s voice was nice and soft voice, AJ smiled, dazed at how soft the others hand. He stared into the others eyes until he was picked up and moved away by Soohyun.

"Hey, I'm Shin Soo hyun" they did a knuckle touch and he stood there dazed by his looks. Kevin, Kiseop, and Hoon all shook hands with Jung-Hwa.

Dongho walked up to Jung-Hwa, being the last to greet him, "Hello, I am Shin Dongho~" he said then did something the surprised everyone. He hugged the younger boy, when he pulled away he smiled as the boy blushed and hid his face.

"Yah!" AJ yelled

"Ahh our maknae is acting like an older brother" Kevin said smiling, "Are you hungry Jung Hwa?"

"Ani...and you can call me Aiden"

"Okay Aiden, How old are you?”

“I’ll be turning seventeen soon"

"You're older Dongho...What day?"

"June 30th..."

"Dongho is older by one year and one day" Eli said remembering the day they celebrated Dongho's birthday last year, "That's strange...so close..." Dongho looked at Aiden as he walked out of the kitchen and grabbed his suit case

"Eli hyung...which room am I staying in?"

"Let me check" he said walking out to look at the rooms.

"I live in my own room, AJ and Dongho share a room" Soohyun said rubbing his head, "I don't mind at all"

"Really, are you sure" Eli asked coming back,

"Ye, he's small he'll fit"

"Not funny Soohyun" Eli said with a scowl, while the other smiled.

Aiden smiled slightly, seeing that his Hyung was very kind to let him room in with him, “Thank you Soohyun hyung” he said bowing his head slightly

“Oh it’s nothing; we don’t want you sleeping on the couch”

“I wouldn’t mind, really”

“Ani~ you can stay in my room okay?”

“Neh, thank you again” Soohyun nodded slightly and walked into the kitchen feeling awkward

Eli led Aiden up to his new shared room, "You can unpack if you want, and there is another dresser"

"Thank you Hyung"

"Alright, call me if you need anything okay?"

"Ye hyung" Eli smiled leaving Aiden alone in the room.

 

 

After breakfast Soohyun walked up to his room, opening it to find the room empty, "Aiden?" He looked around, even checking the bathroom, but couldn't find him. "Yah where's Aiden?" He asks coming back down

"Isn't he upstairs?"

"Ani, he's not there"

"What??" Kevin went up with Eli and Soohyun finding that he was right.

"Wait...why is the window open?"

"It's cold" Kevin said cuddling closer to Eli,

"It wasn't when I wa-"

They quiet down hearing someone singing ‘without you’ written by them, they looked at each other than hurried over to the window looking around.  Soon they look up and found Aiden sitting at the edge of the roof.

"Aiden!" The younger boy looked at Soohyun,

"Ye?"

"Get back in here!"

"Wae"

"Because you could fall"

"Ani, I've done this before back home"

“I'm coming to get yo-"

"I'll get him" Eli said crawling out and onto the roof.

"Come on Aiden"

"Ani!" The two men watched as the two up on the roof ran around carefully but soon ended once Eli grabbed Aiden by the waist and lugged him over his shoulder.

Kevin laughed when he saw Aiden pout; he looked like he was twelve years old. Soon Eli handed Aiden to Soohyun who held him bridal style so that way he doesn't escape, "Why were you on the roof?"

"Whenever I want to think I go on the roof….”

"Well it's dangerous, don't do that again okay?" Aiden looked at Kevin when he patted his hair,

"Ye..." he said quietly looking down.

"We're not mad, we just want you safe" Kevin smiled his angelic smile, getting one back in return from Aiden.

 

Soohyun set Aiden down into his bed and helped Eli back in, "How can you get out but not back it?? It's so confusing!" Soohyun exclaimed, Kevin sat beside Aiden,

"By the way, how did you even know about us?"

"It's because I am Eli hyung's cousin"

"Ani, tell them the truth" Eli yelled from outside, hearing everything from the inside

"Okay....I'm his younger brother...."

"Ehh??"

"Is it that shocking?"

"Well he doesn't look like you..."

"Ye, I guess..."

"Dang I didn't kn- Get in here!!!" Kevin and Aiden looked to see Eli being pulled through finally.

Dongho knocks on the door, all eyes turn to him, "Hi there~" he said coming in and sat on the other side of Aiden, "What did I miss?"

"Aiden was on the roof..." Dongho looked at the younger male as he lied down

"It's just a bad habit..."

"Well it has to end..."

"Ye Eli Hyung..." Eli sighed, knowing that he wouldn’t.

 

~Later in the afternoon~

 

Eli looked up from the pan in hand, he was cooking dinner since it was his turn, and looked at Dongho "Can you get Aiden; it's almost time to eat"

"Okay" the younger male said, going up to the bedroom to find Aiden looking out the window, he wore sweats and a long sleeve, he heard the other singing 'Ring Ding Dong' by that SHINee band,  walking over to Aiden he tapped his shoulder, "Time to eat"

"Hmm?" The boy looked at him then nodded, "Okay" he said looking at the sky one last time then closed the window, and followed Dongho.

 

(Aiden’s POV)

I sat on the roof, taking in all that has happened; I finally got to move in with my big brother Eli. I met very nice people like Kevin Hyung, Soohyun Hyung and Donghae Hyung, AJ hyung creeps me out, just a bit; and Hoon and Kiseop doesn’t seem to care for my presence.

I sighed looking at the clear blue sky, what should I sing this time, ‘This is war’? ‘Shut up’? Maybe ‘Tonight’….. I thought long and hard then finally decided on singing ‘without you’ since my brother also sang in the song. I smiled while singing to the song, “Listen Girl, what I’ve done to you, that was my mistake girl” I said, thinking of the next lines “I can’t live without you, Yeah, Please come back! I love you baby! I miss you baby! My life in incomplete~ Without you girl!” Just when I was going to continue I heard Soohyun hyung "Aiden!" I looked down and saw him, Eli, and Kevin looking at me with scared expressions. Have they never seen a teen on a roof before?

"Ye?"

"Get back in here!"

"Wae"

"Because you could fall"

"Ani, I've done this before back home"

"I'm coming to get yo-"

"I'll get him" I heard Eli say, coming out, I stood and moved away from that spot, slowly Eli came up and looked at me, almost, hunter like.

"Come on Aiden" he said walking closer, at this point I was somewhat afraid of what he was going to do

"Ani!" I yelled moving away from him as quickly and carefully as possible, I was too quick for him until I turned my back. I felt an arm around my waist and felt a shoulder on my stomach, I gagged, knowing that I was caught, I sighed, pouting while at it when I was carried back to the window.

I was handed off to Soohyun hyung, but why bridal style?? This is ridiculous!

“Why were you on the roof?" Kevin hyung asked me,

"Whenever I want to think I go on the roof….."

"Well it's dangerous, don't do that again okay?" I looked at Kevin when he patted my hair,

"Ye..." I said quietly looking down, feeling awkward.

"We're not mad, we just want you safe" Kevin smiled at me, his smile looked like he was an angel, I smiled back, feeling the awkwardness fading away.

Soohyun hyung set me on my new bed, while he helped Eli get back through the window, "How can you get out but not back it?? It's so confusing!" Soohyun exclaimed while Kevin hyung sat next to me

"By the way, how did you even know about us?"

"It's because I am Eli hyung's cousin"

"Ani, tell them the truth" Eli yelled from outside, dang, his hearing must be good

"Okay....I'm his younger brother...."

"Ehh??"

"Is it that shocking?" I knew I looked nothing like him, but we have the same mother and father, so I am indeed his brother…

"Well he doesn't look like you..."

"Ye, I guess..."

"Dang I didn't kn- Get in here!!!" both Kevin and I looked to see that Eli hyung finally came inside, Dongho hyung knocked on the door before entering, “Hello there~” I could have sworn he sounded like he was singing, without hesitation he sat on the other side of me, asking “What did I miss?”

"Aiden was on the roof..." Dongho looked at me as I decided to lie down

"It's just a bad habit..." I muttered

"Well it has to end..." Eli said, looking over at me

"Ye Eli Hyung..." Eli groaned, I didn’t understand why he was like this, oh well.

 

~Later in the afternoon~

 

I took a shower to release all my nerves; I opened the window afterwards and stuck my head out looking out.

 I thought about singing the song ‘Ring Ding Dong’ before I went to bed.

For a moment I thought I was alone when I was singing, but I then felt someone tap my shoulder “Time to eat”

“Hmmm?” I looked at him, and then nodded “Okay…” I said looking at the sky once more than closed the window, following Dongho hyung out.

I could have said no since, I really wasn't hungry, but I accepted it. This could be fun, eating with my big brother and his friends.

I sat in between Dongho and Eli, to tell the truth; I was comfortable with everyone but AJ Hyung, Hoon Hyung, and Kiseop Hyung.

I looked at the food and looked at Eli "You made Malgeunguk?" Eli just nodded; I took it that he could read my mind because when Umma made it for Appa and I, from that day on it was my all-time favorite meal. I smiled "Malgeunguk is my favorite"

"Really? Well I’m glad; eat up okay?" I nodded then turned facing the food.

“Umma used to make this for Appa and I” I said with a small smile.

 

(End of POV)

 

Everyone ate happily, every now and then Dongho snuck a glance at Aiden, and with every bite Aiden took he would smile. Dongho looked at Eli who was watching his younger brother, smiling at the fact that he loved the 'Malgeunguk', looking at his own plate thinking.

Dongho wanted to get closer to Aiden, but how? He spent most of the dinner thinking but soon was pulled back to reality because Kevin was poking his cheek, "Ready?"

"Y-Ye" he stuttered, not knowing anything.

 

The group began the game 'Gawi-Bawi-Bo' to decide who does the dishes. After several 'Bawi-Bo' Shouts the losers were AJ and Dongho.

They both groaned 'I don't wanna...' but then Aiden started gathering the dishes, "I'll do it, another habit of mine back home." He said, smiling at everyone else then left the room.

"Okay you two, one more round, Loser helps winner doesn't. I refuse to let my brother to it all himself"

"Ye, so do it" Kevin said, the two boys glared at each other then began "Gawi-Bawi-Bo!" They yelled. Everyone saw how wide Dongho's eyes got when he lost to his hyung.

He stands with a sigh and walks to the kitchen “Ha, I won finally!” AJ yelled, as  everyone else just either smiled or chuckled.

 

Dongho walked into the kitchen seeing Aiden wipe sweat from his forehead, only putting more water on his forehead.

He laughed slightly, grabbing a towel and wiped the younger's forehead, "Thanks" Aiden said keeping his attention to the dishes,

"Here, let me help" Dongho said drying the clean dishes, Aiden looked at him then turned back to his work.

Dongho snuck glances at Aiden like he did before; the other's expression wasn't readable.

He looked at the window, "Dongho hyung..." Aiden said almost a whisper, the other looked at him, surprised to hear his name being said, "Ye?"

"Do you feel that I belong here....should I just go back….even though it’s only been half a day"

"Wae"

"I feel that I am causing trouble"

"Ani, you’re not"

"Are you sure" Aiden looked at Dongho, only one eye was visible.

"What makes you think that?" Dongho asked putting the towel down, looking back at Aiden.

Dongho reached up to move the others bangs; but his wrist was grabbed "Don't touch my hair..." looking into Aiden's eyes he saw nothing

"Come on what could you possibly be hiding?"

"There is a reason why I came, but Eli hyung doesn't know of it..."

"Is it something bad?" Aiden looked behind Dongho to find everyone sitting in the living room, talking.

"I'll tell you after we're done...I'll go up first then you after a while...." Dongho nodded, looking at Aiden one more time then continued his work.

 

Around them there was awkwardness flowing around them, just when Dongho opened his mouth AJ came in and hugged Aiden behind, "Aish!" The both heard

"What's wrong Aiden?"

"M-my, h-h-hand" the two looked to see a bloody line running along his palm, Aiden bit his lip, trying to ease the pain.

"Omo!" AJ yelled, Dongho led Aiden upstairs into his and Soohyun's room, hurried to the bathroom, and placed Aiden's hand under the facet and ran water over it "Aish!"

"Calm down, just keep your hand under this water, don't move" Aiden nodded staying in one spot.

Soon Eli and Kevin came and treated the younger boys hand, "How did this happen?" Kevin asked looking at the deep cut before Eli wrapped it

"AJ Hyung scared him while he was washing the dishes..."

"Ohh I'm gonna talk to him..." Eli said walking out with Kevin following, he paused at the door and turned to the two teens,

"Dongho can you finish wrapping his hand, please?" Dongho nodded and Kevin disappeared.

 

Dongho sat there and slowly wrapped the Youngers hand, "How come your hands are super soft? Their like girl's hands" he said almost admiring them

"Well sorry, my mom made me apply lotion three times a day..." Dongho looked at him "Really? Three times a day" Aiden nodded

"That's weird...so" Dongho said finished with Aiden's hand "Whatcha hidin'?" Aiden looked at the window then back at him,

"Follow me" he stood and crawled out from the window and climbed onto the roof, Hesitantly Dongho follows.

Once they both were on the roof Aiden sighed slightly, “What you are about to see” he turned towards Dongho, “You cannot, and I mean it, you cannot tell Eli hyung….” Dongho looked at him then nodded, slowly reached over and moved his bangs.

His eyes widen as he saw a cut that ran from the hair lines down to his ear and another along his cheek. "This is why my hair is like this, it's to hide my wounds..."

"How did it get there?"

"A few weeks ago I was doing homework while eomma was gone at the store. I heard a car and assumed it was her, coming down the stairs I heard talking so I hurried down." Aiden sighed before continuing, "It turned out that it was a house intruder, but I didn't know, until the window shattered. So thinking quickly I just grabbed the phone and called the police, but then I was cut off while saying my address. He had a pocket knife with him and that's where this cut came from" he pointed to the scalp to his ear, "the other cut came from the both of us falling after I started beating him. When we fell his knife cut my cheek...."

Aiden looked at Dongho who looked back at him sadly.

"I can't believe that happened to you..."

"That's also why I'm here, I know I will be safe, that's why I sent myself here. When I said all those things in the kitchen it was because I felt out of place. And thought I should go back...."

Dongho ruffled the smaller boy's head "Don't think that, you'll fit just in" he said smirking. Aiden fixed his bangs, covering the cuts, "These still need to heal, and after that I’m going to dye my hair…”

"Why? You're hair doesn't need to be dyed"

"I thought I would look more like my brother if I dyed it. No one really thinks that I’m his brother"

"It's alright, you look fine the way you are. Not everyone looks like their older brother or sister"

"Why are you talking to me like I'm a girl?"

"Ahh sorry, you just look so muc-"

"Much like a girl, I understand, Eli Hyung thought I was one too when he came to get me from the airport" they both chuckled, seeing that Eli would think that.

 

Aiden looked at the sky seeing the sun finally setting, “I'm kind of glad that I came here" Dongho looked at him, "I feel more relaxed. Eomma and appa are safe, I'm safe, and I finally see my brother...And I’ve made a new friend" he smiled turning his attention to Dongho, whom was staring at him

"How long are you staying?"

"For as long as my brother allows me"

"Really?"

"Ye"

"Aiden! Dongho!" They hear Eli yell. The two looked at each other, "Hurry!" Dongho said rushing to the window and climbed inside, Aiden tried to hurry too but it didn't happen

"Yah! Dongho and Aiden!" Eli's voice came closer to the door, Dongho reached out and grabbed Aiden, bringing him inside and held him bridal style. "Follow my lead" he said just before the door opened, Eli looked inside and saw the two, "D-Dongho??"

"See Aiden that's how you hold a girl if she doesn't accept your back"

"Well...this way would be comforta-"

"What are you two doing?" Dongho looked at him

"Showing how to carry a girl, bridal style"

"Put him down you two look ridiculous" Dongho did as he was told rolling his eyes.

Aiden yawned slightly, "Thanks Hyung, I'll keep that in mind." He said getting under the covers of his bed, "Hyung's I'm going to sleep now, not to be rude but, can you guys get out please?" Eli rolled his eyes

"Ye, ye come on Dongho"

"Ye hyung, night Aiden"

"Night Dongho..."

The two older men stepped out turning off the lights and headed down. "What was that all about?"

"Aiden said that he wanted to know why girls prefer to be carried bridal style and how to carry them in that position. I think he has a girlfriend who is like that"

"Possible..." Eli agreed as they came to the living room with everyone else.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

First chapter done, It seems okay-ish, but it will get better later on!