Chapter 5

U-KISS : Unexpected, Accidental Love

Chapter – 5

Sooner or later I’ll come back… - Aiden

 

Aiden woke up around 12 in the afternoon; he stretches and goes to wash up.

Fifteen minutes later he comes out dressed in jeans and a loose t-shirt; he calmly walks down the stairs toothbrush in mouth; just when he was about to head to the kitchen, sounds from the t.v. stopped him. He turns only to find Alexander watching t.v. curiously he walks over and looks at the elder, “Alexander hyung…what are you doing in the dorm?”

“Wae, am I not allowed?”

“Ani…it’s just why are you here; don’t you have schedules?”

“Aniyo, I’m off today”

“Explains…”

“Where are you heading?”

“……”

“Aiden”

“I’m going to go to the airport…”

“What?!”  Xander yelled standing

“I’m going to visit my father…and tell him that I’m staying here”

“But…you’ve only been here for four days!”

“I know; but I left him without saying anything; I had my friend come and get me. My umma was drunk while Appa was in his own apartment”

“You’re parents are divorced?”

“Neh…”

“And Eli doesn’t even know a think about it?”

“Neh….”

“What caused it?”

“Constantly fighting over dumb stuff; and my umma blaming my appa for everything…He finally had enough one night and went off on his own, umma didn’t shed a single tear”

“Appa lives by himself now; it’s almost been a year. I’ve been forced to stay with my umma, and she forbids me to even talk about him. So we have been exchanging letters without her knowing”

“How?”

“Through my high school”

“Ahh smart”

“Neh…Hyung; can I ask of a favor”

“…I guess”

“Can you drive me to the airport?”

Alexander hesitated for a while; “You’re brother won’t be happy”

“I know what I am doing, plus I have some unfinished business over there….”

“Eh?”

“Nothing, please hyung” Aiden asked, soon using what Kevin and Dongho called ‘Aegyo’ it seemed to work until Aiden stopped “Okay I give, the ‘Aegyo’ isn’t working…I guess only on Eli and Soohyun hyung….”

“Fine…but I take no part in blame”

“Deal, besides; I can say that I walked ther-”

“No you won’t!”

“Arasso…” Aiden went back up and soon returned with a small suit case, “This is all I need…hyung”

“Hmm?”

“Can you please give this to my brother” the teen held out an envelope towards the elder, “It’s a letter I wrote while being on the plane coming here…”

“O-okay…”

“Let’s go, I don’t want to miss my flight” a sigh

“Arasso, if you’re really sure…”

“I am very sure” The elder nodded standing and turning the television off and followed Aiden out, he calls his van and it soon picks them up and takes them down.

 

The ride to the airport was silent, just before they got there they stopped for food and even then no talking. Soon Xander cleared his throat and looked at Aiden, “So when’s your flight?”

“Umm…last I checked…only about two to three hours from now”

“Okay...then by then you’ll still have enough time” Aiden nodded slightly,

“So….How long will you be gone?”

“About two months…gives me enough time to visit my dad and love…” Xander stared at the small boy then nodded sadly,

“Let’s get going, you don’t want to be late right?”

“Ye…” the two stood and soon ended up in the van.

When they arrived at the airport Xander accompanied the teen all the way to security "Well....this is as far as I can take you" he says quietly, Aiden nodded gripping the handle of his suitcase tightly.

"Ye....thank you for bringing me here hyung. Please make sure Eli hyung gets my letter"

"I will, I'll wait for them to return"

"Thank you" Xander smiled and hugged Aiden tightly nearly crushing him to death "C-Can't b-b-breath~" the elder loosened his grip and looked down at the teen

"You better come back....or I'll get Eli to come with me and drag you back"

Aiden laughed

"I will, I promise I'll be back within two months, maybe sooner okay?"

"...Okay..."

"I got to go now hyung" Aiden said hugging back then the two separated

"Be safe..." the teen smiled over his shoulder, nodding

"I will, don't worry!" Xander smiled too, wiping the tears on his cheeks away.

Soon the two drifted away, Aiden went through security and waved one last time at Xander and disappeared, blending into the crowd.

 

 

(Eli's POV)

 

God the day was tiring; vocal practice, training, and dance practice I wanted to pass out!

Sighing I laid my head on Kevin's shoulder while we rode in the van, it was almost midnight and I was worried about Aiden.

I hope he wasn’t too bored today, I couldn't wait to see him I had some candy for him, as a welcome.

After I talked to manager-shi about Aiden, I was surprised that he said yes! It took my brain a while to register what he said, I was so happy that I nearly broke AJ in half with a hug....

 

"Hyung! Aiden's not here!"

I stood in the doorway while everyone froze, looking at Dongho

"What?" Kevin asked

"He's...gone..." Dongho said tears welling up in his eyes; we all saw a figure move behind Dongho and hugged him, "I'm sorry Dongho...." Xander's voice echoed though the hall.

I couldn't believe he's gone...why didn't he say anything?

Xander looked at me and held out an envelope towards me

"Aiden wanted you to have this...."

"Eh?"

"....He gave me this...to give to you and you only..."

I stared at the envelope and slowly took it,

"How about some snacks? I think Eli would like to read it in private..." everyone looked at me then nodded and slowly went to the kitchen. Kevin gave me a kiss on the cheek before joining everyone else; breathing out calmly I walked into mine and Kevin's shared room "Well...here goes nothing..." I whispered opening the envelope and began to read the letter, which was, seven to eight pages. Sighing I shake my head “This is gonna take a while…”

 

 

Aiden stepped off the flight and sighed in relief, he hated flying, because he would not know when or if they'll crash and soon die...

Brushing the thought away he goes to the food court, "I hope Eli won't be too mad....or upset...." he mutters, unnoticing the shadowy figure behind him.

 

"Adrian~" the teen froze and was brought into a bone crushing hug, "I've missed you kid!!" Aiden sighed hearing his father's voice

"Dad you know I hate that name...it's Aiden"

"Sorry, I've just missed you soo much~ How's your brother?"

"He's good; his band mates are all very nice"

"Good or your papa is going to beat them up"

"No need, what's for dinner?"

“Let’s talk about it in the car” Aiden smiled gleefully at his dad and they soon left the airport and headed home.

 

-Back in Korea-

 

Eli stared that the paper in front of him, "Aiden..." he whispered feeling a tear escape his eye, Kevin knocks on the door lightly before entering "Hey Eli..." The older wiped his face of tears before looking and the one by the door

"Hi Kevin, what's up" Kevin sat beside and hugged the older

"Go ahead and cry, don't hold it in...." he whispered rubbing Eli's back as he felt tears seeping through his shirt.

Kevin sighed letting a tear fall from his eye, laying his head on Eli's "He'll be back soon before you know it"

"I...I hope....so...." Kevin started to calm him down; soon the elder of the two went to sleep, soon going into deep sleep.

 

-In America-

 

(Aiden's POV)

I smiled as I talked to my dad; it's nearly been a year since I've seen him. Last I saw him was when he and mom divorced, he seems a lot happier than before.

"Adrian?"

"Huh?"

"Sheesh, kid I asked you a question" he said ruffling my hair

"Sorry dad, I was lost in my thoughts" he chuckled

"It's alright, what I said was 'did you finally get to know Eli?' I know why you went to Korea, leaving your mom" I laughed slightly, he knows me well...unlike mom.

 

"Yeah I did, I met him and his band-mates. They're all very nice and mature" to a point, I thought.

"That's good so I guess I don't have to worry that much about you" I love my dad, he trusts me, he always knows the right words to say when I'm down, and he's kinder than any other father I know.

"So what do you want for dinner? You're favorite meal?"

"Noo~ Eli made me my favorite the first night I stayed"

"Okay…hmmm how about pizza?"

"Hmmm I guess, no scratch that, I want pizza~" He laughed at my child like act

"Alright" I smiled and remained seated during the drive.

 

After an hour of driving we got our pizza and we were heading to my dad's apartment, it was nice, better than the one mom and I had to stay in... I held the pizza and started up the steps waiting for my dad, "Dad I can take my bags, and I’m not that weak...." I called down; I turned to find my dad right behind me

"I know, and neither am I. Now hurry I'm starving~" he tried to look cute by puffing out his cheeks, I burst up laughing. Here my thirty-three year old dad trying to be cute! He laughed as well and soon it died and I continued walking up until I found the room. Dad unlocks it and lets us both in.

Once inside I set the pizza down on the table and wipe the tears from my eyes, I guess I laughed so hard that I started crying...oh well it was funny

"Adrian ready to eat"

"Yea- Hey! I get first slice!" I dropped my backpack on the ground and ran over by him and snatched a slice for myself, he laughed at me when I puffed out my cheeks, at least I was still a teen, I look cuter when I do it.

We ate in silence, I looked down to see one slice, looking up I was my dad mirror my movements, "Mine!" We both fought for the last slice, how it ended? My dad stuffed it in his mouth before I could eat it.

"That was my slice~" I whined then crossed my arms he chuckled

"Then you won't be able to eat dessert" my head whipped around

"Vanilla Ice cream?" I asked

"Yup"

"I want some!"

"Geez you’re a greedy kid today"

"It's because I can still be greedy"

"I know, I know" he said getting up and walked into the kitchen to get the ice cream.

 

"So did you decide Adrian?" I sunk into the couch and stared at the wall ahead of me

"Yes…I'm going to stay in Korea with Eli"

"Hmmm" I heard him hum, and return to the living room, "I guess that is alright with me, but won't you be sad?" He asked handing me a spoon which I gratefully took and waited "I mean…Matthew misses you to death..." I looked down at the ring I wore on my right hand.

"I know...I will be sad...but I really want to be with my brother, I want to be there and support him" from the corner of my eye I could see him nod

"I understand"

"That's why I like you more than mom" I smiled looking at him, he ruffles my hair and opens the ice cream container

"Because I understand you better than your mom and I trust you more" I smiled and get some ice cream and ate it

"So good~ oh how I've missed you Mr. Ice cream~"

“So then what about your friends, and groups?”

"Hmm? Ohh... right that, I’ll tell them before I leave again" I mumbled still eating; I looked at the clock seeing that it was nine o'clock at night "Maybe I should call Eli..."

"You can, I'm gonna finish up and head to work" I nodded as I took one more bit, "Will you be alright?" He asked and I shivered slightly

"Y-Yeah…"

"Adrian..."

"Okay okay....I'm nervous being home alone, but I’ll get over it..."

"Well if you get that scared, Matthew lives a floor down; remember his room is 0330, okay?" I looked at him

"0330? That's the name of Eli's song, well him and his bands song name..."

“Oh really? What a coincidence”

“Yea…” soon I remembered the lyrics, they were sad… “Don’t you have to get ready dad?”

"Oh, right" he left the room leaving me alone.

"I have to end it....we'll be too far from each other...." I thought of Matt for a while.

 

Even if we were together we never kissed...maybe on the cheek, but never lips, next week will be our third year together. But it'll die tonight, it has to be tonight, if I let it go on longer the harder it'll be to do the job, I sighed leaning back in the couch cushions.

Hearing footsteps I turn my head to see my dad in a tuxedo tying his tie "D-Dad??"

"Hmm? Yes Adrian?"

"What are you wea- Did you get a promotion?" I remember my dad working at a company as maintenance but he looks like a C.E.O!

"Well yes...after my boss saw my résumé he bumped me up to C.E.O of marketing"

"Dad that is great! Wait when did that happen?"

"Two weeks after your mom and I split"

"Wait if it's almost been a year, and your pay is high. Why do you live in these apartments? I mean you could possibly pay for a three story house!" He chuckled, chuckled?!

"Adrian, I live here because it suits me better, plus if I get a big house, what's the point? It'll only be for me, until I find someone else I'll remain here" he smiled slightly and ruffled my hair "I'm going now, tell Eli I said 'hi' okay?"

"Okay; and I'll let you know if I go to Matt's house"

"Okay, be good" he patted my head then quickly pecked my head and ran for the door grabbing his shoes, bag, and keys

"Yah! Get back here! You're gonna pay for that!" I yelled making my way to the door

"Love you too bye!" My dad laughed and left me in the apartment.

I blew my bangs from my eyes and ruffled my hair, "Really dad??" I muttered and went to go find my phone.

 

(End of POV)

 

Aiden looked at the phone in his hand, “What if he’s busy…” he muttered, “I’ll just leave a message” and with that he found his brothers number and pressed ‘CALL’

One ring….

Two ring….

Three ring….

 “I should just hang u-”

“Yeoboseyo?” he heard Dongho’s voice on the other line

“Hyung?”

“Aiden?!”

“Ye…it’s me”

“Omo! Are you alright?? Where are you?!” Aiden felt hurt inside

“Eli Hyung hasn’t told you guys…” it was more of a statement than a question

“Told us what?” he felt his stomach drop, did Alexander hyung give the letter to Eli as promised?

“I’m in America….visiting our dad….for a while”

“Wait so you weren’t kidnapped, oh thank god” the elder of the two sighed in relief, “When are you coming back?”

“I…in about a month….or two……”

“WHAT?!” Aiden flinched then rubbed his ear,

“Hyung I’m gonna go deaf because of you….”

“I’m sorry…but ONE TO TWO MOTHS?! That’s way too long, do you have any idea how worried we are?! That’s too long to be away from your brother and us!”

“I…I know….I’m sorry….”

“Aiden? Are you crying?? Omo I’m sorry! Please don’t cry!” Aiden smiled slightly

“Hyung I’m not crying, men don’t cry”

“Yes we do” Aiden could imagine Dongho’s expression, “We cry too”

“Well I don’t”

“Oh really? So you’re not lying to me? You’re not crying right??”

“Yes really, no I am not lying, and no I am not crying”

“Okay~” Aiden shook his head

“Where’s Eli?”

“He is in practice; I’m taking a bre-”

“Dongho where are you?!” A voice yelled on the line, Aiden just sat on the couch, waiting

“Ahhh~ It’ Kiseop hyung~” Dongho whispered, Aiden imagined him hiding right now

“You’re hiding aren’t you?”

“Neh…” Aiden laughed slightly

“Dongho!!!” they heard Kiseop’s voice fade slightly.

“He must be like a dog, he may hunt you down!” Aiden exclaimed

“Hey !” Dongho yelled, “Uh oh…”

“Dongho get up!” Kiseop yelled, “Is that Eli’s phone??”

“Dongho; put Kiseop on the line hurry!” he assumed that he did so because then next thing her heard was

“Who is this?!”

“Mianhe Kiseop hyung~….I was trying to call Eli hyung but Dongho answered, don’t be mad at him pleaseeee~~~” Aiden said, knowing that Kiseop will fall under the spell

“Aiden?”

“Neh”

“Oh god….ELI!!” Aiden cringed away from the phone again

“Hyung! I’m gonna go deaf please don’t yell!”

“Mianhe~”

“Hey gimmie the phone back I was talking to him first!” Dongho yelled

“Kiseop put me on speaker please” he waited a minute then spoke again “I can talk to you both; I’m not the last slice of pizza ya know!” a long pause “Don’t be like mine and Eli’s dad! He stole the last slice for himself” he could hear chuckles then another voice, which made his heart stop.

“What is it Kiseo- is that my phone?”

“Someone wanted to talk to you…”

“Aiden?” he could hear shuffling then a press of a button, “Aiden is that you?”

“Neh hyung…it’s me”

“What’s wrong? Are you alright?”

“I’m alright…”

“You ignored the first question….What’s wrong” he asked again.

Aiden bit his lip, keeping himself from letting out a cry, “I…I just wanted to say…..I….I’m sorry….for leaving without a goodbye…I’m so sorry for leaving while you guys were out, I’m sorry hyung!” and there, the tears escaped his eyes

“Aiden…it’s alrig-”

“No it’s not….”

“Aiden listen to me, I read your letter, more like a book. And I understand if you have something’s to take care of…I won’t ask you what they are, I’ll wait until your ready….” Aiden nodded slightly at no one.

“When do you think you’ll be coming back…”

“S-S-Sooner…t-than a month…”

“Okay…you tell me when that happens alright?”

“N-Neh…hyung…”

“Don’t cry okay? I’m not mad, though I am worried about you and so is everyone else, but I think Dongho and Kevin out rank me by a mile” Aiden laughed slightly “See? Don’t cry okay?”

“Okay….thank you hyung”

“I gotta go now, sleep well tonight okay?”

“I will, have a fun day~”

“I’ll try, we have two new songs coming up, and we’re going to be very busy”

“I understand, please take care of yourself and the others”

“I will, Good night Aiden”

“Good day Eli” the two laughed

“Hey! I wanna talk to Aiden!!” the teen heard and soon the line went dead.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yay chapter 5^^