Chapter 6

U-KISS : Unexpected, Accidental Love

Chapter 6

 

I won’t come back to you; my heart belongs somewhere else… - Aiden

 

 

 

 

(Aiden’s POV)

I stared at my phone for a while then got up, “I have to do this tonight…” I whispered; I knew I had to end this as soon as possible.

I looked in the mirror near the door and applied some eyeliner before leaving the room, it was cold; but not as cold as Korea.

I still couldn’t believe that is was only a month away from Christmas…shaking the thought away I went down a level and looked from the room “Room 0330….” I breathed out and stopped at the door marked ‘0330’ I knocked loudly without hurting my hands and puffed out my cheeks, “here goes nothing” and the door opened.

His mother opens the door, this won’t go well… I thought, I swallowed the lump in my throat and smiled, “Hi miss Johnson” she gave me a weird look, I looked down at myself and forgot to grab a jacket for my outfit before coming down; a white ‘DC’ shirt, black skinnies, my lucky black baseball hat, and combat boots is what I wore.
“Who are you?” I bit my lip and look her in the eyes

“It’s me, Adrian”

“Oh my god…it that really you?” I nodded, she hugged me tightly, and soon I felt my lungs being crushed to nothing,

“C-Can’t….B-Breath!” these were one of the hugs that weren’t gentle…

She lets go and led me inside, “Oh my god I can’t believe how much you’ve grown!”

“I have not….” I pouted

“So cute~” she said “Let me go get Matthew, he can take a break from his homework” and with that she left me, to go get him.

I shifted from foot to foot, how was I going to do this? Give him the ring and say ‘I’m breaking up with you, my heart belongs somewhere else’? No…okay maybe the last part…but I had to make it clear that this had to end.

I heard a few yells then they quiet down, all of a sudden, the ring on my thumb felt like ice, it was starting to numb my hand...

Matthew soon came down and looked at me, “Adrian? Is that really you?” he asked walking closer, oh no I could feel the awkwardness in the air.

“Neh, long time no see Matth-” my voice was cut off with a pair of lips touched my cheek. I looked at him, same like always.

When he pulled away he hugged me, I felt even more awkward, soon he pulled away and smiled “Adrian guess what!”

“What is it?”

“I am finally at the same grade level as you!”

“That’s awesome” that’s right I forgot… he’s at least two years younger than me, he always tries to be at the same level as me, when I got a part time job, he got one too, when I took guitar, violin, and piano he did as well. He did all he could to not make it seem like he is my underling, he did it all for me…all for me.

My stomach churned slightly, “Hey Matt, do you want to go to the park? For old time’s sake”

“Yeah let’s do this!” he grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door, “Mom, Adrian and I are going to the park, I won’t be out too late!”

“Okay Hun, since it’s a Friday night I guess so~ Have fun kids” Matthew blushed slightly,

“Mom~” he wined and I laughed, when we both exit we heard his mom start talking on the phone.

 

 

 

I stared at the night sky, it was beautiful, and the cold air felt refreshing on my arms and face, “Adrian! Come on and swing with me!” I turned and saw him on the swings. Even if he tries to act mature and tries to be better than me in everything, he was still a kid

“Alright” I moved fast towards the swings and sat on the one next to Matt, he was having a blast while I thought of a way to not make this break up so dramatic, I looked at the moon and saw that it was full.

Taking out my phone I take a picture and send it to Eli, ‘The moon looks like a star huh? Hope you guys are doing well in your rehearsals! Good luck in your upcoming concerts as well, Fighting~!’ and send.

 Matt poked my arm and I hadn’t realized that he was talking to me, “Adrian? Are you okay?”

“Neh, listen Matt, I need to tell you something…” he fell silent “Ready?” he nodded.

“I really….really don’t think…our relationship is going to last any longer…Do you remember what my dream is?”

“To become a dancer”

“And…”

“And become a doctor to save lives”

“No…the other one, second that was a lie; you know how I am with others blood…”

“Ohh, and to be by your brother’s side”

“Yes…” I said, this was going better than I had expected, “I’m going to follow that dream”

“That’s great!”

“Not really…”

I stood up and took the ring that used to be bonded to my thumb and faced him

“I won’t be in America anymore…I can’t do long distance relationships…and also” I opened his hand and let the ring fall from my hand and into his palm, “I realized the e….your too young for me, you should go and find a girl who is you’re age, someone who is worth it…unlike me”

“What?!” he yelled standing up so that way he towered me, “Someone the same age?” he moved closer and I did the opposite of his action, “We’ve been together for how many years?” I couldn’t face him; I looked away, “Shall I remind you that we have been together for three years Adrian…three of the best years in my life…why the sudden change….”

“My heart belongs elsewhere…”

“Correction your heart belongs to ‘Someone’, face it Adrian, it’s not dance or your brother. You’ve fallen for someone else and are too chicken to say so” There I snapped…

I pushed him back hard causing him to fall hard, “It is dance and my brother. If I fell in love with someone else I would say so the first time, right? When have I lied to you?” I asked, looking up at him so that way he could see my expression, pure hatred, “Shall I remind you of the countless times you’ve lied to me and I forgave you out of sympathy” I was all fired up.

“I never lie-”

“That, my friend is a lie. You cheated behind my back, and you begged for forgiveness…did you not? Prove me wrong; if I am” I let out a shaky breath, calming myself “You’re just a kid to me now….” I knew I shouldn’t be saying this, but it has to be done, “You’ve been following my steps in order to be the same level as I…”

“So?” he stood and faced me “I started dancing because of you, I became a member of a gang just like you did about two years ago”

“And you think that makes you manlier?”

“Yes…”

“Okay then that means your strong”

“Yes”

“Then if I hold out my hand and you punch it you’ll break something?” I asked crossing my arms, pretending to believe his lies

“Yes!” he said for the third time

“Okay,” I held out my hand, palm facing him, “Go for it hot shot” he hesitated then held his fist up and swung, smirking I moved my hand easily and grabbed his forearm and flipped him onto his back.

I looked at him as he stared at me, he got up fast and fixed himself, “Adrian please don’t do this, you’re making the biggest mistake in your life”

“I won’t come back for you, my heart belongs elsewhere….” I said and walked past him bumping shoulders with him and walked back to my dad’s apartment.

 

 

-Weeks Later-

(S. Korea)

 

All members of U-KISS were preparing for their flight, “Guys! Hurry it up!” Soohyun yelled waiting by the door of their dorm.

“You guys we’re gonna be late for our flight!!” AJ yelled coming up beside his hyung, “You know their all lazy”

“Don’t even start! You are too”

“Am not, I am always on time”

“Name one time AJ” Hoon said coming towards them from the stairs

“Well…” they heard Kevin, Dongho, and Kiseop laugh and go over to them.

“Eli!” they all yelled, he comes in sight, smiling at his cellphone, typing on it

“Ohh~ is it from Aiden??” Eli nodded, showing them the picture he sent,

“He took a picture of the moon, and wishes us luck for our concert…Thou I feel bad…he sent this weeks ago and I just found my phone again”

“We should call him!”

“AFTER WE GET TO OUR FLIGHT AND GET TO OUR HOTEL!!” Soohyun yelled scaring everyone else and they ran to the vans, the leader smirked and followed suit.

During the flight Eli and Dongho had sat next to each other but everything was awkward, they wouldn’t speak during take-off like everyone else. Soon Dongho looked at the older male, "Hyung...are you okay?"

"Hmm? Ye, why"

"Because you seem too spaced out... and not because of Kevin because he's behind us"

"Just worried about Aiden..."

"I...I bet he's alright, he said he's coming back"

"I know...but when I read his letter I've became more aware of how much he has been through..."

"Like what?"

"Our parents are divorced...Our mother hit him while she was drunk...." Eli looked at Dongho, "I really wish that I was there to comfort him...I feel like a bad brother...."

"Well don't, you didn't know you had a younger brother until now. And I'll bet he doesn't think you’re a bad brother, when he comes back we'll make him welcomed"

"You're kind, you don't have a bad side, and you're handsome. So don't get down, what do you think Aiden would say? 'Eli Hyung stop being all depressed!'" Dongho said trying his best to impersonate Aiden.

 

Eli looked at the maknae then ruffled his hair, "Thank you" he smiled, "and you at impersonating Aiden"

"Whatever; at least I tried!"

"Ye, ye I know"

The two sat there thinking and soon falling asleep until they reach their destination.

 

 

 

(America)

(Aiden's POV)

 

I sat on the ledge of the apartments, watching cars pass by; it had been a month and two weeks since I ended it with Matt.

He's been following me everywhere...and I mean EVERYWHERE

He follows me when I'm with my dad, when I'm going to my mini gang meetings, and he follows me when I go for my walk around town.

 

I was getting irritated.

 

So I came here, I know how much he hates heights, so here is where I can finally get away from him, "I wonder how their doing..." I said to myself looking at the pink sky, it was almost time to head out for another meeting, I thought of my brother and his friends.

Smiling, I knew I would be back in Korea in three days, I would be following my dreams, and that's all I could ask for.

I looked back up at the sky, seeing some clouds; it has been snowing for a few days now, and New Year’s was tomorrow, and tonight my group and I perform for the start of a new year.

For Christmas dad and I just spent time together; we didn’t need presents, truth is; I don’t like getting gifts, I buy stuff on my own, and my dad understands that. I stand from the ledge and walk back down.

 

I knocked on my dad's apartment door and he opened it, "Adrian, don't you have the key?" He asked letting me in

"I left it in here"

"Ohh, next time remember to, because if you leave tonight, I won't be home until morning"

"I know"

"Is Matt doing better?" He asked pouring himself some coffee

"Nope...Stupid little stalker..." I muttered blowing my bangs from my hair

"Hey look" dad brushed my bangs back "Their gone finally" I looked at him confused, the felt my head, he was right.

The cuts were finally gone!

I smiled "I guess so!"

"Forgot huh"

"No…" we both laughed.

 

 

_8 pm_

Yawning I hung upside down on the pipe my legs wrapped around, “Dude when is everyone else coming? I need this meeting done with~”

“You’re the one who called it”

“I know…but it’s really important!” I looked at my second in command, JJ, which stood for James Jay. He was at least 6’0’ he is a great guy to talk to, he had jet black hair and a fake lip piercing, and his skin tone was a light golden brown. He wore black skinny Jeans with a loose blue top, spiked bracelets, and a necklace that reads ‘y and I know it’

“So Star, what’s all this about?!” yes, you heard right, my nick name in this gang/dance crew is Black Star, the boys thought it suited me, so I kept it. Nowadays they call me ‘Star’ for short, but when we dance its Black Star

“Well Ray, if I say now, no one else will heard and you know how much I hate repeating myself” I said swinging up and let my legs let go of the pipe and fell onto the ground and crouched down.

“Sorry…forgot” I laughed,

“Oh stop it, it’s okay” now Ray is kind of like me, except he’s more hyper, and outgoing.

He always copied my style, when I got my first fake piercing on the top of my right ear, he did the exact same thing except it was on his left…when I wore loose fitted clothing, he did too….then I got my hair cut short and styled it….you get the point right?

He wore red skinnies with a black shirt, same fake piercing, rubber bracelets that read ‘ies’; I know, stupid…to me it is…

His hair was brown with some black streaks hidden within the locks; it cropped his face just right, I guess my hair style suits him…

As time passed, four more boys walked into the abandoned building, all wondering why they were called out…well this is gonna shock them to the max.

“Alright, are all of the fallen stars here?” I hear some say ‘Yea’ and ‘yes leader’ chuckling I looked at them, “Alright, tonight we have a concert! It start in two hours, which gives us enough time for this meeting, do a mission then head to the studio for pick up” they all smirked, knowing that we are the best, well, next to the dance crew D-Trix was in…he was better than me.

“Wait, so a mission tonight?”

“Yes; our computer nerd, Chaz, found a robbery that is going to happen in less than an hour. So I will make this announcement quick!”

“Announcement?” Ray asked, I nodded

“Yes…As you all know, it has been my dream to become a famous dancer right?” I heard them agree, “And recently, to also be by my brother’s side” I took a deep breath and let it all out.

“It’s becoming reality” they nearly start to clap but I stopped them, “But there is a catch…My brother, I found him. He lives in south Korea…so in order for me to comply with my dream, I am moving out and going overseas”

“So tonight, is my last concert with you guys” I finished and looked at the boys, whom were on the verge of tears, “Guys~” I whined “You’re making this harder”

“B-But why? Can’t your bro move out here?” a boy named Michel asked, he was the youngest of the group, and second cutest in the ranking

“He’s an Idol, for him to leave his spot just to come out here is hard, he’s famous already, I don’t think his fans will take a liking to it…”

“But you’re our leader! Without you the fallen stars will crumble!”

“Not necessarily” I said, biting my lip “If I do become famous, I will ask for permission to bring you all to Korea too. But, you guys must promise me this”

“Anything!” I smiled

“You all; and I mean ALL. Had better do well in school and learn a new language, that’s all I ask”

“I promise” Ray said, smiling

“Me too!” Michel said running up to me and giving me a hug

“And remember, no matter what happens” I pulled out the ring from my pocket, the second only ring I wear, “I will always be a fallen star and a fusion surge member” I placed the ring on my now-unoccupied thumb.

“The black star will never betray” I looked at the boys as they all tackled me to the ground and hugged me.

“Hey!! You guys are men right?! Get off!!” I yelled, only earning a laugh from them all, I couldn’t help but smile.

 

(End of POV)

 

 

As the night drug on, Aiden and his gang headed out, watching the streets carefully, “Hey…” JJ said coming up behind Aiden,

“What’s up?”

“Are you really sure about this? Being an Idol is tough”

“I said ‘dancer’ not an ‘idol’ there is a difference”

“Okay, whatever…Point is, are you really sure? Are you even ready?”

“Yes…I am very sure and I am well prepared” JJ laughed

“And that is why you’re our leader, always following what their mind is set to” Aiden laughed too, looking over at JJ

“You’ll watch over them right?”

“Of course, anything for you, you’ve helped us all, mostly me. I owe my life to you”

“Oh stop it; it’s what friends do right?”

“Yeah” they both looked at each other and fist pumped before Aiden started for the alleyway and climbed the wall without any difficulty.

“Okay how can you do that, and fight; but not run or do any sports??”

“People are born differently with different abilities”

“Okay you got me there…” Aiden laughs

“Hurry up, our plan must work, remember one try or its game over~” he sang and continued climbing until he reached the window and snuck in.

JJ sighed and ran over to Ray as they get the traps ready.

 

Just as everyone finished up and got into their positions three men in black come up in a van and begin their robbery.

Aiden sat within the safe of the bank after getting access through it; he thought it was stupid of the owners to not get an alarm system. Of course he would have gotten in it without triggering it either way, once he heard a click, a grin spread across his face, “Show time” he whispered climbing up to the top and hid himself easily.

When the two men opened the door and began to stuff their bags Aiden let himself drop to the ground and land with a light thump, “Hey…did you hear something?” one of them whispered

“No, why did you? Don’t tell me you’re afraid~”

“Am not!” the first one hissed continuing his work, “Just thought I heard something, sheesh….”

“Okay, okay, just hurry it up!” Aiden smiled and jump kicked the guy and he fell with a groan,

“Hey, that was you right?” he turned to see him down and looked at Aiden, “Y-You? You’re just a kid!!”

“Thank you for the compliment~” Aiden said then all emotion left his face, “Now get out….”

“Stay back I have a-”

“Gun? Don’t you mean this?” the teen held up a fake gun throwing off the allusion,

“H-How??”

“I have my ways” they hear a cry of pain, “Ohh~ Looks like the trap worked~”

“I’m getting out of here!” the man ran off leaving a laughing Aiden behind.

 

“Alright boys, round them up!”

“Yes sir~”

“We have at least twenty minutes until the van gets to the studio!” Aiden said writing down on a piece of paper.

“They’re all tied up”

“Good, head out” the boys nodded and followed the instructions and split, all heading to the same place.

Aiden took a deep breath and tucked the note into the rope, reading ‘The Fallen Stars have done the work~ There is nothing missing once again. Star’ all in cursive, “Later boys” he said turning away and heading down his own path to the studio.

 

Aiden and the boys all made it in time to change, get make up done and get their microphones, as for Aiden he wore a head set since everyone knew he’d drop the microphone at least a dozen times, “You guys ready?”

“Yea, everyone is ready Star…”

“Thanks JJ”

“I’m so excited!!!” Ray shouted jumping around,

“Remember there are a lot of people out there who are here to watch this, we must win first place in order for my leaving to not be memorable okay?”

“Don’t worry! We won’t fail you!” Michel said hugging Aiden, as he smiled.

Aiden took a deep breath as he was the first to step out onto the stage, the host and hostess smiled and turned to everyone “Our first competitors are Fusion Surge~” Aiden waved to the fans and his head set,

“Hello everyone~” Aiden flinched slightly due to the screams; he knew they had at least more than five hundred subscribers on YouTube, but this was insane.

“Thank you, as you all know, I am Fusion Surge’s leader, Black Star. And I’d like you to give a round of applause for the fusion team, come on out guys” Aiden pretended to scratch his head, but truly he was covering his ear. The team came out and smiled, waved, blew kisses, and winked at most girls while lining up, “We are Fusion Surge!” they yelled and smiled even more.

The hostess stood next to Aiden and smiled, “So Black Star. Is this what you were expecting?”

“To tell the truth no…I know this was a competition, but I didn’t expect this many fans to come and watch us perform”

“Well you do know they came for the other teams too right?”

“Of course”

“So before we introduce the other teams, please tell us what have you been working on lately?”

Aiden looked at the other boys then the hostess again

“Well…We have been preparing for my leave…”

“Leave?”

“Yes, it has always been my dream to become a famous dancer, and to be by my brother’s side. And in order for that to happen, I must make a sacrifice…”

“What do you mean?”

“Well. My brother lives in Korea, and I’d like to stay by his side, he’s all I’ve got now” the fans ‘aww-ed’ and started yelling random sentence’s like ‘Fighting’ or ‘You are so cool’ and different phrases.

Aiden looked at the crowed then the host as he walked over, “So to put it there, you’re leaving the group forever and this is your last concert with them?”

“No, I won’t be leaving the group permanently, Where ever I succeed, Fusion Surge will be right there. But tonight is my last concert here in America. And we will make this the best performance”

“Wow, can’t wait~” the hostess said, Aiden nodded and looked at his team, “Alright let us take a break and come back and perform for these lovely fans” the boys nodded and followed their leader off the stage, allowing other teams to come up and do their own little speech.

 

 

(Taiwan)

Eli sat in the make-up chair, waiting for his stylist to come, everyone was getting ready still, and they were excited to be performing in Taiwan. Kevin walked over to Eli and massaged his shoulders, “You’re too stiff mister~”

“Sorry, just worried”

“If it’s about the concert it’ll be alright”

“No, as if I’d be worried about that. But no it’s Aiden…he hasn’t called or texted me…I’m worried”

“Did you call him?” Eli says nothing, “For crying out loud man! That’s why!”

“I don’t know if he’ll pick up”

“He will! Where’s your phone?”

“In my ba- No, no, no!” Eli said getting up going after Kevin who had his bag and searched for the phone

“Found it!” Kevin yelled, soon finding Aiden’s number and calls it, he runs around the room with Eli chasing him. “Sorry I’m late Mr. Kim, please have a seat I’ll be done with you before the show starts” Kevin stuck out his tongue as Eli sat down glaring at the smaller boy.

Kevin waiting three rings and almost hung up when an urgent voice said “Hello? This is Aiden speaking”

“Hi Aiden~”

“Kevin Hyung?”

“Bingo, what are you doing?”

“Umm at a competition right now, what about you hyung?”

“Getting ready for our concert in Taiwan~!”

“Omo congrats! Wait wher-”

“Dongho? He’s getting changed”

“Well…nice to know that…but I meant my brother”

“Oh, he’s getting hair and make-up done. You said a competition right? What kind?”

“A dance competition on an MTV program, my group and I are about to perform”

“Omo so are we!” Aiden laughed a bit

“Well sounds like we both have to go soon then…”

“Yea…When are you coming home?”

“A few days, maybe sooner”

“Okay~ well let us know because we’re in Taiwan for two days”

“Really? Okay then I’ll come home the same day you guys come back okay?”

“Sounds good to me”

“Black Star! You and your Fusion team are up next!” Kevin heard on the other line

“Okay I’ll be there in a minute! Remember the song I put down!”

“Yes!”

“So what is in this competition?”

“Well, we perform three times, one for dance, one for just singing, and the last one in the two combine”

“Well there is the one song, what are the other two?”

“The just dance one is ‘Sorry Sorry’ by Super Junior, the just singing is ‘As long as you love me’ by back street boys, and the last one with both combined is ‘0330’ by you guys, I practiced all the lines I need to sing…”

“I wish I was there to watch!”

“It’s okay; I have someone recording it for us…’cause it’s our last concert….”

“So we’ll get to see it?”

“Sure, but I can’t promise anything~” the two laughed then heard their names being called,

“I got to go Hyung, talk to you later if you call! Good luck guys, fighting!”

“Same to you, Fighting!”

Then the line went dead, Kevin smiled and headed out with Eli and the rest for their performance.

 

(America)

 

Aiden put his phone down and stood back stage waiting for his cue; once the music started he walked out slowly, turning on his headset, “Yo, Listen up. This is my tragic story, just the breakin’ in my heart. Check it” and it began. His final night as a Fusion Surge member will always be remembered.

 

No matter what happens, I will dance until my legs finally give in, I will never give up.

No matter what happens in life, I won’t let it bring me down.

Fusion Surge and the Fallen Stars will remain as they are, no matter the distance.

And I will live up to my dream

A vow Aiden made that night, is a vow that shall never be broken.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay 6 down 6 more to go^^ Fighting~!