Refreshing Start

Remember Me

 

[May 2010]

[Mi Sun POV]

“Oh, Seunghyun-shi.” I say as I bow. “What are you doing here?”

“Just dropping by.” Seunghyun smiles as he sits down on the chair next to my bed. I’m still in the hospital, but I hear I’m going to be released tomorrow. Seunghyun, Jiyong, Seungri, and YoungBae have been visiting me often. Daesung visits me, too, but why do I get the feeling that I’m hurting him?

“Have you found out where you’re going to stay after tomorrow?” Seunghyun asks, playing with his fingers.

“Ani. Not yet. Why?” I ask.

“I mean I know a place where you can stay…” Seunghyun trails off.

“Wouldn’t it be awkward if I stayed at your place? Thank you, but—“

“Oh no!” Seunghyun interrupts me. “I don’t mean my place, but Daesung… has a big empty house. He does get lonely.”

I pause. Daesung? I hardly know him, though. Besides, I have no right to barge in there. He’s a complete stranger. What if he’s some or killer or something? Aish, what’s wrong with my head? Daesung seems nice. Plus, he has a really nice smile. But why am I getting the feeling that he’s only forcing himself to smile? I should really stop acting like I know him.

“Does Daesung-shi know about this?” I ask.

“You mean you’re actually considering it?” Seunghyun perks up.

“I didn’t say that.” I quickly reply. I sigh. “I mean, I don’t know. I barely know you guys.”

Seunghyun gives a bitter smile. “Yeah. Do you know anybody else?”

I frown, thinking. Why is my mind always coming up blank? I bite my lip and shake my head. “No. I only know you guys.”

“See? That’s why you should stay at Daesung’s place for a while. I’m sure he won’t mind.”

I hesitate. “Well…”

~O~O~

[May 2010; The Next Day]

[Daesung POV]

Ding Dong! Ding Dong!

“Who could that be?” I wonder out loud. I leave my office and open the front door. “Oh! Seunghyun hyung! What brings you here?” I ask.

He points his thumb behind him. “I have a surprise for you.”

“What is it? Hyung, you do know that my birthday was last month, right?”

I hear a soft gasp come from behind hyung. What the hell? Did he bring me some…? No way! Hyung isn’t like that. Aish, I think wrong, but that doesn’t keep my curiosity from coming out. I tiptoe, trying to peer over hyung’s shoulder.

“Oh, I know. But I just feel like giving you something.” Seunghyun says, bringing my attention back to him. “Well?”

“What?” I ask.

“Aren’t you going to let me in?” He smirks.

“Oh, right.” I step aside and he walks in. I was about to close the door until another figure in the doorway catches my attention. My eyes widen.

“Mi Sun?” I choke out.

“Surprise!” Hyung’s voice shouts behind me.

~O~O~

“So, can she stay?”

“What are you thinking?” I hiss, glaring at Seunghyun hyung. Hyung leans against the counter in the kitchen. What was he thinking? Does he really think I’d let Mi Sun stay? Well, of course I would let her—Aish! I had to pull hyung away from Mi Sun and we’re currently having a talk in the kitchen. We left Mi Sun in the living room, waiting.

“What? Don’t you want her to stay?” He asks, eyeing me.

“You do realize that I have a girlfriend.” I say through gritted teeth.

Hyung rolls his eyes. “You’re not answering the question.” He sings, mocking me. “Oh, come on, Daesung! You know you want her to stay.”

I open my mouth. But I close it back up. My heart flutters just thinking about Mi Sun and I staying under one roof, alone… Before, Mi Sun always wished we lived together without our parents pulling us apart. I would dream about us married with Mi Sun in the kitchen, cooking, while I was helping her, watching her hum a song as we got dinner ready. Aish!

Seunghyun pokes my forehead. “Yah! So, can she stay or not?”

“I don’t know…”

“If not, then she’ll stay with me.” Seunghyun smirks.

“Absolutely not!” I growl.

Hyung laughs. “Your expressions crack me up. I take that as a yes, right?”

“No! I forbid you to let her stay at your place! Who knows what you’ll do to her!” I hiss.

Hyung whacks my head. “Babo! I mean is that a yes for her to stay at your place!” Hyung rolls his eyes.

“Oh.” I mutter stupidly.

I bite my lip; my dreams of Mi Sun and I being a married couple in our own home plays in my mind. I can’t help but smile at the thought. But those dreams are instantly crash when I remember Mi Sun’s condition. How can I have those dreams when she won’t even remember mentioning them before?

“Don’t think about her memory loss. Maybe this is a way to start over with her.” Seunghyun hyung says as if reading my mind.

“But it won’t be the same.” I mumble looking down at my feet.

“Of course it’ll be the same.”

“You don’t understand. I’ve known her my whole life. I know her whole life, but she doesn’t. I can’t start over with her when I already know everything about her.” I say softly.

“If you do let her stay, then show her around to the places you guys always went to before, show her old pictures, talk to her about your memories. You know, try to refresh her memory.” Hyung suggests.

I think about it. That doesn’t sound so bad. Maybe I can get her to remember everything again. I find myself smiling at the idea.

“Fine. I’ll let her stay.”

------------------------------------------------

A/N: So, what do you guys think so far? :)