Chapter 2- the signing of contracts

Shinee's no Ordinary Date

 

 

 

 

Won Bin looked around the place where Kim Hyu Me is currently living. It was very small and old-looking. Not to mention, it looks very dirty too. He reached the ceiling without even fully extending his hand yet, he felt dust on his fingers at once. He turned his attention to Hyu Me who was observing him with her amazingly unique green eyes. "Are you from Korea?" He asked with his, low rumbling voice.

"I'm half korean, Half american" She replied carefully. "I shouldn't have invited you in, my home doesn't fit for rich people like you."

Won Bin smiled, "You think I'm rich?"

She nodded awkwardly, "Why did you need me again?"

She's not the cute type most boys will love and her clothes are not that girly,He is reconsidering of offering the job to her again.but then again, she's different...unique. And she has that mysterious side like you want to know her better. "We should sit down, this will be a long talk."

When they already sat, he pulled out the contract and the terms and conditions, "How do you like to be in television?"

Her fine eyebrows were suddenly pulled together, "What?"

Won Bin smiled, this will be interesting

---&--- 

Kim Hyu Me's point of view

Mr Won Bin never stopped talking. He was discussing so many things, what to do, what the show was all about... blah, blah,blah

But I wasn't listening to whatever he was saying. Even if I want to, I can't. My whole attention was affixed on the contract. I can see the monthly salary I would receive if i ever agree and boy, it was big! Call me a bad girl, call me a money lover...I wouldn't care. If I have bigger money I can pay the debts I'm having at the hospital. I can secure my father's health and maybe give him something that can wake him up.

Wake him up...the idea of it was so good, I just can't pass an opportunity like this. Without thinking twice, I grabbed the pen which was on the side of the table and signed the contract.

Mr Won Bin stopped talking, he was surprised of what I just did, "You weren't listening to me, were you?"

"I'm sorry, I badly need this." I said in a hushed tone. I feel ashamed of myself for not even listening to him. "What do I do again?"

The old man smiled at me, "you'll be a girlfriend to a celebrity. Cameras will follow you and and it will be broadcasted in the televisions all around this country."

I swallowed hard, this job is a tough one. I watch Mr Won Bin stand and collected his things, "When will I start?"

"We will call you." He said, "Nice meeting you Kim Hyu Me"

""One last question," I said "Why did you choose me?"

"Because I know you..."

I felt  goosebumps all over my body when he said that. I have no idea what that means but for one thing, I did noyice the mysterious glint on Mr. Won Bin's smile.

---&---

 

At that same day...

Key's point of view

"Let me get this straight, I am to date a normal girl and never tell the other members about it?" I asked for the fifth time to one of the MBnet staff.

"Yes Key," He answered me patiently. "Don't you like to date someone? You're a famous idol, it would be so hard to date at these times."

I want to but not like this, I read the contract again and looked at my manager, "Hyung, is this idea really okay? A variety show without the other members knowing?"

He gave me a firm nod. To date a normal girl. is there anyone normal here? I hope I can date someone who doesn't know who Key the almighty famous is... just like the girl I met this morning at the music store. I can't help but smile when I remember her, she's the first person in years that has looked at me like I'm a normal person.

I signed the contract, "This will be fun. I can't wait to see my girlfriend!"

 

 

---&---

 

Onew's point of view

"But we will be making our come back soon, I'll be busy, how can I tape for this show if ever I agree?" I said looking back and forth to my manager and a staff from the studio. "plus I'm the leader, I can't leave my dongsaengs all the time."

"Don't worry, we'll make sure it won't affect your come back and it's not like you'll see her everyday." my manager said, reassuring me. "besides, if you want your comeback to be strong and powerful, you have to get attention from your fans and soon-to-be fans too. This show will help you accomplish that."

Hyung does have a point, I need to do this for the group. I'm the leader so I must do everything I can do. I signed the contract then left the building.

I'm hungry, better go grab some chicken.

---&---

Minho's point of view

"You're signing it?" My manager said when I put the tip of my pen on the paper. "You're not hesitating?"

"No. Why?" I asked them. I want this thing done immediately plus I wasn't on the right position to complain anyway. I was late for this schedule because of that incident at the restaurant. Remembering that girl makes me frown. She just shouted at me in front of everyone, she's brave.

"Well that's a start. if Key or Onew would be here, they'd be complaining and slapping questions at us." Our manager said with a reliefed expression.

"Well I do have some though, why does suddenly the allowable internet sites I can visit is reduced? and I should not watch MBnet when I am suppose to work for them." I asked to the staff in charge.

"We'll explain everything to you at the right time Minho." He replied.

I nodded obediently and signed the contract. I took one copy of the contract and left.

"We're almost done." I heard the staff person mutter just as I was closing the door. Hm, that's strange, we were only talking for fifteen minutes.

---&---

 

 

Jonghyun's point of view

 

I don't want to do this... I don't want to

I am silently screaming inside my head. How can I ever agree of dating someone when I'm currently begging Se kyung to give me another chance? Moreover, I can't even tell his brothers- the SHINEE members- about this tv show.

"What do you think Jonghyun?" Hyung, my manager told me.

"I think the concept is great hyung. But don't you think it is kind of similar to the show named Mnet scandal a few years before?" I said. I'm trying my best to sound interested, like I am excited for this show. Hell, I wasn't. I don't want to be thrown to someone I don't know and be his boyfriend.

"Oh it is very different" the staff said knowingly. "So, do you agree?"

I signed right away.

Manager hyung happily patted my shoulder, "I knew you wouldn't be hard Jonghyun. Now grab a copy of this contract and you may go."

I followed what he said then darted outside. How long will I ever pretend that I'm the happy, gagman Jonghyun everyone knows?

My mind was spinning too much that I didn't realize I already reached our dorm. I jumped to my bed and left contract falling on the floor. Other Shinee members would not visit my room in the middle of the night anyway.

---&---

 

 

Taemin's point of view

tip toe...tip toe...tip toe...

Careful taemin...careful...I reminded myself over and over as I slowly waggle as I enter our dorm. I know I'll be so much in trouble if any of my playful hyung will know that I have just arrived. It's already midnight, I'm sure I'm dead. No worries, my hyungs are asleep. I passed Jonghyun hyung's bedroom and found a peice of paper just below the his door. It was too dark to see what it was so I just picked it up and decided to give it to him tomorrow. I kept on walking after that...

When I found my bedroom door, I hurriedly tried to reach for it. Almost there...almost there...

CREAK!

Oh no! one of the floorboards creaked

CLICK!!

The light were suddenly . I found a very serious manager facing me. He has his arms crossed while holding a crumpled paper saying: LEE TAEMIN TRIED TO COMMIT SUICIDE

now I'm in so much trouble...

 

---&---

 

the next 3 days...

 

RRRRing!

I rubbed my tired eyes. Who on earth would call some one this early? I grabbed my phone ''hello?" I said in a very ugly voice.

"Hyu Me, this is Won Bin from MBnet" A manly and cool voice replied. My eyes widened at what I heard. "Y-yes sir, good morning sir."

"Good morning. I would like to inform you that we'll be starting the filming next week."

I gulped. Now the real show's about to begin.

 

eND of chapter two. I hoped anyone reading this would like it. If you have any suggestion and criticism, I would whole-heartedly accept it. Don't miss the next chapters. Kim Hyu Me will start dating one of the SHINEE boys. :)