Chapter 11 - The Angel who's hiding its Devilish tale

Shinee's no Ordinary Date

 

 

Jonghyun's point of view

 

I'm sorry I treated you wrongly for the last 10 months oppa. I'm such a stupid person for doing that. Mhiane...Chungmal mhiane...

I can't get Se Kyung's voice out of my head. Even if it was just a phone call, it already meant a lot.

I am smiling like a crazy person right now but I guess it's okay since the cameras would probably interpret it as gesture for being excited. "Hyu Me-na! Aren't you done yet?" I called out.

"You asked for this, have a little patience." Hyu Me replied behind those curtains.

We're currently in a quiet boutique. While I sit on a couch waiting, Hyu Me is fitting some dresses. It was my idea to buy her new clothes and give her a makeover. After all, she did intimidated Se Kyung enough that she finally texted me. I have tried to get her back for almost ten months but it only took one conversation with Hyu Me for her to finally wake up.

"Shiro!" I remember Hyu Me's horrified face when I told her my plan for this day. "Do I look like a girl who loves frilly dresses?" I chuckled, having a virtual girlfriend like her is really fun.

"Jonghyun-na" Hyu Me's whine broke my thoughts away. "Can we just stop this already? I feel like a doll being dressed up!"

That's a signal that she's done wearing. We've been here for almost two hours. I've decided to buy her two dresses and three casual clothes. With every ounce of arguing and convincing Hyu Me, we are now in the last stage. The last dress that I personally chose.

"Just come out you whiner," I stand up from the couch, went near to the dressing room and pulled the curtains apart, revealing Hyu Me with the pink dress I chose.

---

"See? I told you I don't look good with these! You can't even utter a single word!" She whined again. She drew the curtains closed and hid behind it.

It was true I couldn't utter a single word but it wasn't because she doesn't look good. My face is starting to feel hot as the cameras closed to my face. What am I doing? Concentrate Jonghyun! "Y-yah! Come out! You look good!" I can't believe I'm stuttering right now. I parted the curtains again, Hyu Me has both of her hands behind her back and she's staring right down to the floor.

"I haven't worn clothes that shows too much skin for a long time." She muttered. I was about to pat her head but stopped when I remembered it would destroy her hairstyle. I can't believe she's wearing t-shirts and jeans when she can actually look like this.

"Neomo Yeppo," I expressed without even thinking.

Hyu Me blushed and laughed nervously, "Hey, stop talking so seriously. It sounds so real when you put it that way."

I am serious...Sigh, this girl can really be thick headed sometimes. I was still staring at her when the saleslady came in with a box. I smiled, "aah, now for the last peice...shoes," I received the box and opened them, revealing a colored peach sandals.

Hyu Me groaned, "ugh, high heels, I bet that's four inches."

I bent down and put the sandals on her feet myself. "Pfft, is this some kind of drama?"

"I didn't order you to put them on to me," Hyu Me defended. I stood up and trained my eyes up and down, "not bad Hyu Me,"

"Well at least there's a good part in wearing these." She went a lot more closer to me, "See, I'm taller now! You don't have to look down on me too much and I don't have to get intimidated with your height."

She's too close...too close. Having a virtual girlfriend who's not romantic at all have a lot of advantages. But sometimes it can be a burden too. Like right now, she compares our height face to face. I swear, our noses were only inches apart but she acts like this is a normal thing to do. This type of girls don't know that she's doing something to guys already. "You get intimidated?"

"Yup, I get intimidated to the four of you--"

"Four of us?" I raised my voice without knowing.

Hyu Me's eyes widened, "I-I mean friends...heh heh, I'm a lonely person Jonghyunie, aside from you I only have Chun Yo and--"

"Chun Yo?" I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes. The more she talks, the more I get suspicious. Now that Chun Yo-whoever's-name arrived, I suddenly realized that I haven't asked her if she has someone she likes.

She took one step back but I close the distance again by advancing towards her. "Chun Yo is my close friend,"

"Close?" I repeated again. She moved backwards too much that she didn't notice the sofa behind her. Her legs touched it and she was outbalanced.

"Hey careful!" Hyu Me fell on the sofa while I ended up on top of her, both of my hands were on either side of her.

Our eyes met and I was frozen again just like when I parted the curtains. "I thought this only happens in dramas. This meeting is getting cornier and cornier," she commented and smiled. I didn't notice she has a dimple. I told the make up artist to do a light make up awhile ago. It didn't change her though, she's still naturally pretty. But if the make up did anything good it's that it showed how beautiful her eyes are.

"Uhm Jonghyunie? If we stay in this position one more second, I swear it well get awkward." She said through her gritted teeth. I know she's sending me a secret message with her gesture: You're dead if Se Kyung, sees this.

I didn't move, I smiled to myself. Even today she still thinks of my relationship to Se Kyung. Viewers might say that I'm taking good care of Hyu Me. If they only know the truth. It is exactly the opposite. Her gesture reminded me of how I treated her last night. "I'm sorry for how I acted last night. I acted without really knowing what happened and--"

Hyu Me covered my mouth and gave me a comforting smile, "That's between the two of us."

I stood straight and offered my hand to her. She accepted it and I helped her stand up, "I promise you Hyu Me, I'm trusting you now."

The viewers would probably be curious why I aplogized again but I don't really care. It's good to have a real friendship to a normal person.

---&---

 

Minho's point of view

 

She's late...she's always late. What's with her lately? It's a bright afternoon and I'm quite sure her work would start in the evening. She's not the sociable type so she wouldn't be in her friends' place and she's not the shopping type either. So where in Seoul is she? Everytime she meets me, she's always loos like she's in a hurry. Not to mention, her thin eyebrows are always pulled together in a frown.

Does she hate me that much?

I get annoyed with her. Yes, but I definitely don't hate her. I scratched my head as I leaned on the wall outside a coffee shop. Oh man, I'm starting to think like I really want to see her.

I sighed ane closed my eyes. I think I need to correct my thoughts. I just want to see her because I want to win against her. My pride was taken the last time we met, now I'm sure I'll win. The piggyback ride was really irritating at first but then she muttered the word appa... She must have thought about her sick father when I was carrying her. That part of Hyu Me really bothers me.

"I'm late! I know, no need to shout like what you did last time!"

"Yah Kim---" I was surprised of what she's wearing A pink dress that only reaches above the knees. Her shoulders are bare and her hair was neatly arranged; it was the first time I saw her hair down. Now I can see dark red locks she have. She's even wearing soft makeup and a light lipstick. If she isn't my rival, I would've said she's really beautiful.

"Minho oppa" She said with her sarcastic sweet voice, "If you keep on staring like that you'd end up losing to me again."

I blinked my eyes and came back to my senses. "Ani, you lose because all of a sudden you're trying to look pretty in front of me."

Her right eyebrow shot up, "You really think I would want to look pretty for you? To you?"

"Then why do you look like this today? The crew wouldn't just dress you up. This is a reality show after all." I smirked feeling victorious already, "Just say it, you did this for me."

Hyu Me bit her lip and heaved a heavy breath. "Since I can't really answer your question then fine! I lose. I can't get mad too or else I will lose for the second time." She muttered furiously.

"Give me your phone number. That's my consequence." I immediately said, "I'm tired of waiting whenever you come late without even knowing what's going on."

Hyu Me gave me her number after that, "That's not a consequence Minho, that's too easy. Name another."

I beamed, I know exactly what to let her do. "You asked for this, give me a piggyback ride, from here until the next block."

Surprisingly, Hyu Me took of her sandals and gave them to me, "Aren't you cold?" I asked her. It was weird to feel worried about her.

"Just a bit. Don't worry, I can manage." She fixed her hair to a ponytail again.

"I-I'm not worried about you!" She rolled her eyes when I said that. She grabbed both of my hands and put it around her neck. She held my legs and before I knew it, she was already carrying me. "I won't make you stop just because you're a girl and that you're wearing a dress right now." I said uneasily. I can feel she's having a hard time.

"If you make me stop, then you'll lose," Kim Hyu Me warned me. I peeked at her face and smiled. She's cute when she's trying so hard. A sweat trickled on her forehead almost ruining her make up. "I lose Kim Hyu Me," I said in a soft whisper, "Put me down now."

I don't like her, I repeated to myself, She's one of MBnet's puppets.

Our date went on just like that. We challenge each other and get punished.

Ironically, no matter how much Hyu Me gets on my nerves, being with her after long ours of performing and autograph signing is actually fun.

 

Kim Hyu Me's point of view

 

Okay, maybe I have been dressed up like a barbie with Jonghyun, been asked to wear 4 inch sandals and been punished to carry Minho but this day isn't bad at all. Minho and I played rock, scissors and paper and he lost! I wished to visit a high tower. He was hesitating at first because he said it was too far but after a long time of pleading he finally said yes.

We were on the highest part of the tower. If it was a building I reckon it would be on the 50th floor. I felt so refreshin! The strong wind, the beautiful scenery, everything! "Minho! I feel so happy I can even call you oppa whole heartedly right now!" I shouted then giggled. I looked at Minho who was frowning. "Yah, how can you look so smug at a time like-" I stopped when I was able to touch his back...he's sweating like crazy

"Yah, gwenchana?" I said, I touched his cold hands which were locked firmly on the rails. He stared blankly at the ground with heavy breaths."Are you afraid of heights?"

"Eighth...eighth grade...almost...fell on a cliff...hanging on a rope for...15 minutes..." He said between painful pause. I have seen lots of people who are afraid of heights but Minho's condition is the worst I've witnessed so far. I softly forced his face to look at me, "Stop looking at the ground. Just look at me, Minho...oppa, listen to me, look at me? It's Kim Hyu Me, your ugly rival."

I was able to let him release his grip on the railings, he held me tight and his eyes were locked to me. We were able to go down by my soothing insults to myself.His hands and eyes never left me until we reached the ground. The staff took care of him after that but the filming never stopped.

"I guess y-you win...again" I looked up and found Minho standing in front of me. It's obvious from his stuttering that crew just forced him to continue.

"Do you think this is some game?" I said, outraged. How can he continue even with his condition. "What if something worse happened to you there? What if I couldn't put you back on the ground?"

I'm out of here, I collected my bag and my sandals which I took off awhile ago. Minho followed me, "Hyu Me, you'll lose if you keep on acting like you're worried about me."

I turned to face him again, "YOU'RE RIGHT MINHO I WAS AND STILL AM WORRIED!!!" I swear I am shaking due to rage. I hate people who never thinks for themselves

that's the main reason why my appa is in the hospital right now...

"You should be grateful since it looks like I'm the only one who is." I glared at the camera which was focusing my face. "Everyone saw how serious his condition back then but what did OTHER PEOPLE DO? They continued on filming, NOT EVEN ONE person tried to help me."

"Hyu Me...I'm sorry. I really am fine." Minho's voice wasn't the normal arrogant one. It was soft, like he really was sorry.

"Don't say sorry" I said in a very low voice, "Since everything between us is just a game. Right, Minho oppa?" I said with feirce intensity on the last two words.

---&---

 

I arrived at my home still feeling mad. I slammed the door hard and the lights. "WHAT THE-" I was so shocked to see the pretty Shin Se Kyung sitting in the middle of the room. "You'll destroy your door if you keep on slamming that."

"Shin Se Kyung-shii," I said while vanishing my anger. "I'm sure Jonghyun has explained everything about how I acted. I am really really really sorry." I sincerely bowed three times to her.

She smiled at me...a darn cold smile. ""

She smiled coldly, "Oh no, you don't have to say sorry, I wasn't threatened at all. I mean, look at this," She opened her arms and gesturing for me to look at my house. "Tell me Hyu Me, should I be threatened?"

She stand up and went near me, her hand touches the frills of my dress, "Wow, look at you, you look like a high class person. Good going, maybe by that oppa will really like you."

I didn't say a word. I was busy convincing myself that Jonghyun haven't told her that I'm not the kind of person. She bent low and whispered at my ear. "Niga..Idol, you are...nothing." She my cheek with her long nail, "It's better not to tell Jonghyun oppa I visited. He loves me too much, there's no need to ruin that. Right Hyu Me?"

She didn't wait for my reply, she left my place after that.

In my two years of staying here in Korea, only Shin Se Kyung has showed me how pathetic I am. I have known all along, but finally, someone has slapped that reality to my face.

My Handphone suddenly rang. I dazily answered it. (Hyu Me? It's Jonghyun! You might be surprised if Se Kyung is in your house. SHe begged for your address saying she wants to apologize and thank you. She was really touched when I told her what you did for our relationship.)

I didn't answer back. She's right, I am nothing.

(Hyu Me? Did she go there?)

He loves me too much, there's no need to ruin that. Right Hyu Me?

There's no way I can destroy a relationship...

"Yes Jonghyunie," I replied with a flat,expressionless voice. "In fact she's really sweet. I'm sorry, I'm tired. Bye"

Sweet...she's like an angel who's hiding a tail of a devil..

 

End! That funny moment when you plan to update just "a short chapter" but turned out to be the longest instead?

I'm tired! Might not be able to update for awhile! mornyt!