Chapter 12- And so the tarot says

Shinee's no Ordinary Date

tarot-cards.301172201_std.jpg

"Can I ask you something?" Minho addressed to Onew, Key, Jonghyun and Taemin.

The four of them are lounging inside the dressing room, waiting for their manager to take them home. It has been a tiring day in Music Bank. Greeting other members here, being mobbed by fans there and being fatigued of their very own crazy dance moves. Although they have mastered the Sherlock dance, they still feel quite tired every time they finish one routine.

Taemin is brushing her long extended hair, Onew is checking his schedule, Key is sitting on the floor while drinking water, Jonghyun is on his usual position on a sofa, texting and lastly, Minho is standing in one corner with deep concentration painted on his face.

Minho is secretly thinking of what happened between Hyu Me and him. It was the first time a person aside from his parents was that angry at him. And it was a weird kind of rage because Hyu Me was actually worried about him. "Is it normal for a girl to be angry when she's worried?"

All of his brothers turned their attention to him except Taemin. "Well...I think it is but not to the usual girls.,, I think that's for the tough types." Jonghyun replied. He closed his handphone and sat straight, "How about this, is it normal for the girl you’re dating with to help you be with the other girl which you actually like?"

“That’s weird, why would the girl help the guy if they are dating?” Onew asked when he finally confirmed his schedule. “Speaking of normality, it is not normal for a person to know what exactly another person’s intentions are even if they still haven’t known each other well, right?” He has been bothered of how Hyu Me can predict his actions.

This time, Key stated his opinion. “Sometimes that happens hyung, especially if that person is very observant.” He stood up and threw the empty bottle in a trash can. “It’s really tough to date someone who has no knowledge in music when you are a musician yourself. There is too much incompatibility; it’s not normal.”

The four of them sighed, all engulfed with their own thoughts.

“What’s with your normal questions?” Taemin who has been silent with the whole conversation looked at his hyungs’ reflection in the mirror with narrowed eyes. “My hyungs sound like they’re having problems with girls”

“YAH, OF COURSE NOT!” The four chorused.

Taemin blocked the usual pillows and crumpled papers thrown by his hyungs whenever he acts stupid. It was a risky question but he wanted to know what his brothers are feeling through their responses. He smiled innocently, almost making an aegyo “So those were just normal questions? Like out of the blue?”

They all nodded fast, obviously happy that they escaped Taemin’s interrogation. “Besides, it’s not like all of us were talking about a girl” Onew said as he ruffled Taemin’s hair.

Oh you’re all talking about girls alright, Maknae sighed, and what’s worse? You’re all thinking of the same person.

 

Kim Hyu Me’s point of view

 

CRASH!!!

Here I go again…

“WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU HYU ME? That’s the second plate you broke already.”

Saying sorry wouldn’t really matter much; I’d probably break another plate after five minutes. I bent down and collected the broken pieces one by one. I made my way towards the kitchen area like a zombie.

“Kim Hyu Me unnie, are you meeting another SHINEE oppa today?” Without any idea, the word unnie made my hands tremble. The broken pieces were about to fall but another person cooped his hands underneath mine.

“Please forgive me Hyu Me, little girl. Your unnie is nervous since she’s seeing Mr. Key later.”

The girl giggled excitedly.

Chun Yo gently pulled me until we reached the kitchen then he made me sit on a chair. He knelt in front of me as he cleaned my hands while I stare to nothingness. “What is it this time, a bad nightmare?” Chun Yo asked me casually. This is a usual scene for the two of us.

There are times when I would just block out; it freezes me, my eyes become unfocused and my mouth can’t let out even a whimper. It’s usually because I remember pieces from my past. Pieces that I’ve long forgotten eversince the car accident happened. I know that I came from America but aside from that, others memories are vague.

My doctor said I don’t have any amnesia but I am too traumatized to remember either the painful or the most precious things. Chun Yo and Soolpik ajhussi-the owner of the restaurant- gave me back my sanity. Without them, I would’ve died.

“Hyu Me” I felt a slight pressure on both of my arms. “You can’t block out again, what’s wrong?”

“Aren’t you supposed to hate me right now?” I told him with a cold voice. He never talked to me after the ‘Minho incident’ and I kind of hated him for not being the understanding brother he used to be.

The stiffness of my body finally disappeared. I gave out a slow breath. My eyes focused to Chun Yo’s face. He’s expression was torn from rage and concern. “You are looking at me now, I think you’re okay.” He stood up but I stopped him.

For these past few weeks, I tried my best to act normal even if he disregards me. I hate this situation and seeing him turn his back on me again aggravates it. I can’t just sit here and act like it doesn’t affect me “WHY? WHY DO YOU SUDDENLY HATE ME CHUN YO? You’re not dumb, you know I’m doing this for my father but you still act like other people who think I’m a selfish person.”

“Hyu Me…not this job, anything else would do…just not this job…” Chun Yo avoided my eyes but I sense begging in his voice.

“Why?” I asked, “There’s nothing wrong with it. It’s just dating and--”

“That’s my point!” I’m not sure if I said something wrong but it’s clear that it made him angry, “never mind, you don’t understand”

Oh no, he’s not running away from me again, I grabbed the collar of his shirt, “Then make me understand for crying out loud!!!”

“I’ve been trying Hyu Me! For the past two years I have been trying! How can you be so naïve?”

“Hyu Me are you here, oh--” Suddenly Key was at the door. He’s smile faded at the sight of us. The next moment happened so fast. Key slammed the door and locked it to prevent the cameras from following while Chun Yo jerked his shirt away and left using the back door.

“Yaah! Chun Yo! I still don’t get you!” I shouted after him.

I turned to Key, who is suddenly so silent. I sighed exasperatedly, “I can explain.”

“Do I deserve it?” He said, interrupting me. “I mean, I know he’s someone special, but what am I, your fake boyfriend?” He gave out a laugh that did not even reach his eyes. “Is he your boyfriend?”

“No, he’s a close friend.” I maybe mad and loud just awhile ago but I can’t do that around Key. I always want to see him with his cool smile and happy personality. It makes me truly happy when he’s like that.

“Key, where did we first meet?” I asked him.

He was startled with the question but he answered anyway. “At the karaoke room.”

I went near him and hit him softly on the head, “Ani, we met at the Music store. With a show or not, we still would’ve met.”

Key held my hand which was on his head. “With a show or not, I still would’ve come back to that music store and talk to you again.”

I nodded, “I am an introvert and a snobbish person but if you approached me again back then, I still would’ve eventually be friends with you—with or without this show.”

The cameramen are pounding the door but Key ignored it…we both did.

“Remember when you secretly asked me if what are we exactly?” I smiled sincerely at him, “Back then I thought that we’re just two strangers thrown to this show. You were just a stranger for me…”

“What am I to you now Hyu Me?”

“Hmm, how can I answer that? I’m your virtual girlfriend and we didn’t have the chance to be friends.” I put my forefinger on my temple, when I couldn’t think of any answer Key pinched both of my cheeks. “I guess we’ll have to date more often so that you can give me an answer.”

I laughed, “I haven’t introduced myself; I’m Kim Hyu Me,”

“I’m Kim Ki Bum,” We shook hands.

It was our second conversation without cameras and for this moment, Key wasn’t just a virtual boyfriend…he’s my friend.

---&---

“Hyu Me, I understand why you were mad at us when we were taping Minho and you, but you can’t keep on hiding away from the cameras,” The director whispered angrily at me.

After a long scolding from the crew, we were to finally tape. Key wasn’t affected at all. While I am sulking like a child, Key was singing his heart out.

"Don't you have any problems?" I asked thinking of my own problems.

He didn't answer me, he pulled me inside a creepy building. "I do have problems Hyu Me, but I want to forget that when we're together. We'll have tarot reading today,"

---&---

Key and Hyu Me, are having fun hearing their fortunes.

Though both of them are hiding small worries deep inside. Key is still bothered of what he saw awhile ago. Hyu Me was holding Chun Yo and both of them were arguing. What was that supposed to mean? Key realized how their lives are so different from each other.

Hyu Me on the other hand has a lot in mind. Minho, Chun Yo, her father, her debts and most of all...Shin Se Kyung.

"Do you want me to predict something that will happen to you?" The tarot reader offered to them. Key and Hyu Me nodded silently. So far the tarot reader has been right of whatever he said. And hearing him predict something makes them nervous and excited.

The Tarot reader started to shuffle the cards expertly. He then let the couple choose one card.

"Life will bring you two surprises tomorrow." He stated as he studied the card, "Mr. Key, it shall worry you big time. While Hyu Me it shall deepen one of your concerns."

The couple looked at each other."Worry? Concerns? What's that supposed to mean?"

­---&---

The next day arrived and Shinee had another performance. It was a great success. The five of them bowed down and waved. When they left the stage, Key sensed there was a commotion. For some unknown reason, he remembered what the tarot man said. He went back to the stage only to find a fan being dragged by the guards. The fan was holding a big poster that was supposed to be confiscated before the show starts. Key’s eyes widened as he saw what was written on it:

 

I LOVE

MINHO - HYU ME

BETTER!!! heart

Mr. Key, it shall worry you big time...

"The tarot man is right!"

 

When the evening arrived, Hyu Me was checking if the rice was already cooked. The restaurant is already quiet since it is already late in the evening. There was a knock on the back door. As she went to the door, she suddenly remembered what the tarot man said. She opened the door wide and found Se Kyung and Jonghyun in front of her. “Hyu Me, can you do us a favor?”

Hyu Me it shall deepen one of your concerns

Darn, that tarot man is right!

 

 

End! I promise to make a better chapter next time