Chapter 28 - Giving up Key?

Shinee's no Ordinary Date

ginger-girl-red-hair-redhead-sad-Favim.c

 

tumblr_ltsn5aLyFc1qfdgr1o1_r1_500_large.

Kim Hyu Me's point of view

 

I hate you Kim Hyu Me!

Those were probably the most striking words Yui has ever told me. I know she was angry at me but I never expected that we would come to this point.

Her words rang into my ears, stabbing my chest and tensing my nerves. My own bestfriend has done this to me but who am I to complain when I have done so much more to her.

I have unknowingly shattered her.

She looks at me with wild eyes, made strangled noises, her chest moves up and down from catching up air, her wounded cheeks were wet with tears and egg dirt and her clothes were drenched in sweat. What has triggered people to do such thing to her?

I don’t understand… I don’t understand at all. Is this the reason why people around me acted so strange? Is this what they meant when they said they would protect the Music couple?

Yes… this is it. The wrath of those obsessed fans of the show. How did they know that Yui likes Key, I’m sure I never mentioned it. I found myself brainstorming even with the situation I’m in. And then it struck me. There’s only one group of people who could’ve dug out this fact… MBnet.

Once again, that entertainment has used their power to manipulate people. How ridiculous!

My mind was about to explode with rage. Only the fact that Yui is still sprawled on the floor made me focus. “Yui, let’s get you home.” I said in a faint voice. I reached out for her but she shrieked and slapped my hands away. “I don’t need your help!” She cried harder this time. She lies down on the cold damp earth and hugged her knees. She was sobbing and choking all her frustrations at me.

I sat far away from her and rested my head on the wall. I felt so useless at the time being. All I can do is watch my own bestfriend suffer because of me. I felt like crying which is stupid because I’m not the one who’s hurt right now, but I can’t really help it. I’m not good in taking up responsibilities; what am I supposed to do at this rate?

As the cold night was filled with Yui’s sobs, people passes by the area and stare at us; a very interesting yet ambiguous scene. Some wicked and cold-hearted as ever even took pictures of our state. “This will give me a great sum of money, forgive me Miss Hyu Me.” One man said with an ugly smirk on his face.

“Oh no you won’t,” a taller guy picked the cellphone from behind and deleted the picture.

“Hey!”

“Yes wanna fight? I’m younger AND stronger than you!” He returned the phone and huffed. It was more then I can wish for. He was here, protecting us. “Ch-chun Yo!” I stood up and went between him and the heated man.

“You’re here.” I said in relief.

He looked down on me. I have to take note how shivers ran down my spine when I met his black eyes. After all it has been months since he bore his eyes to me. His hand patted my head as he looks at the figure lying on the ground. “It’s getting cold. Let’s get Yui out of here.”

 

---&---

 

“I don’t understand, why would people go to this extent? It’s too much.” I expressed in a hushed tone.

I am currently inside Chun Yo’s house, seated on his battered couch as he places Yui on the mattress on the floor. Yui has tried to resist just awhile ago but I guess her lack of energy got the best of her. And so she is being carried by Chun Yo.

It was a quiet night in his house… well, it always is. Chun Yo lives here alone ever since her mother and father passed away. Just like me, Soolpik ajhussi took care of him and provided him this little shelter. I guess that’s the reason why we understand each other before; because we shared almost the same bitterness of life.

“You didn’t know?” Chun Yo asked me back in a quiet manner as he puts a blanket over Yui. “Men from MBnet cornered your friend and tried to talk her out. They wanted her to stay away from Key and you so as not to destroy your relationship. What do you expect Yui would do in this situation?”

Yui would stand in what she believes in, that’s the type of girl she is. “She’d say no, I guess.” I said as I watch Chun Yo heating a teapot.

“You guessed right. It appears to me that they made sure to have plan B in case Yui would be stubborn. They think that if they can’t stop Yui, they’ll let the supporters of the show make a move and so the hidden camera was there capturing every harsh word she said. They posted it on the site, enraging the whole lot of Korea. Since then she has been chased, black mailed and who-knows-what for the last three days.” He explained while shaking his head. I guess even he is amazed of how people can react.

“Chun Yo, how did you know all this? I mean sure the rumors do fly but it seems like you know every detail.” He gave me a sideway glance when I asked that. He hesitated for one moment but then just shrugged. “I was monitoring you ever since the whole show started. I know sooner or later something bad will happen so I was in standby, just in case.”

“Chun Yo…” my voice trailed away. Maybe I was too surprised or touched or maybe both that even if he was ignoring me he was still taking care of me just like the big brother he always was.

As I was indulging myself of what he just said, something suddenly occurred to me. “Wait, did you receive this kind of treatment to?” If fans have triggered to do such thing to Yui just because of a video, it is possible that Chun Yo has received this too. After all, I did mention him once.

“Hmmm, let’s see.” He sat beside me and rubbed his chin as he looks up ahead. “Well when you told Jonghyun that I am your close friend and that he acted a bit jealous, I received some hate letters and some people gave me dirty looks at the restaurant for a whole week.”

That’s it…

I slapped myself and roughly gripped my hair in frustration.

“Hey Kim Hyu Me, stop hurting yourself!” I heard Chun Yo hiss as he tries to stop me.

“I DESERVE IT!” I muttered as tears were threatening to flow. “I’ve let people hurt the two of you.” I never felt so awful in my entire life. Chun Yo and Yui were there when my sanity was probing to leave me and what did I do in return? Date and have fun while they receive hatred from other people.

“Oh no, you are not crying because of me. I’m fine Hyu Me, pull yourself together.” He tugged my wrists and held both of it in one hand as the other gently taps my right cheek. “It’s not that bad. I love receiving letters even how hateful they are, I feel popular hah!”

I sniffed and stared on my arrested wrists “stop making a joke about it. Now I completely understand why you were ignoring me.”

“Tsk, babo…” he knocked on top of my head, “That’s not the reason, I’m not that lame.”

“Th-then why?” I demanded; almost whining like a little kid.

“Because when you get your memories back, you will… you will…” There was suddenly something on his eyes that wasn’t there just awhile ago. Is it just me, or is Chun Yo afraid? What if my memories do get back? What then? “I… I still can’t say it Hyu Me, mhiane. I’ll tell you soon, I promise. Oh the water’s boiling, better prepare some tea now.”

He stood up, ready to go but I held the back of his shirt causing him to stop. “Chun Yo… I missed you. Th-thanks for talking to me again”

There was silence for awhile before he faced me again. “This is the effect when you date idols; they actually make you corny, but then again even if this is the case I have to admit that I feel the same way” He smiled, stepped closer and pulled me into a gentle hug. “I miss you too, kid” he whispered.

I hugged him back. I still don’t know why he was ignoring me all this time but I guess I really don’t care anymore. I’m just glad that my big brother is back.

“Yui and I will be fine, don’t do anything stupid okay?” I heard him say near to my ears. They’ll be okay… tsk, It doesn’t matter; I still want to do something for them. My friends are suffering because of me. Isn’t it just right for me to do something… even if it’s stupid?

“Okay,” I replied to him as I hide my crossed fingers.

I guess it won’t really hurt to lie right now.

---&---

 

This will be another great day for filming! The director happily thought. He was glad to have the Music couple the limelight now. He never had problems with the tandem unlike the previous ones. Both of them let out a very sweet camera that can be easily captured by the cameras. Today, he’s actually expecting to have another jackpot even if rumors have been spreading about Hyu Me’s bestfriend. Hyu Me and Yui are fighting so she wouldn’t really know what the fans have done to her friend.

Or so he thought.

Kim Hyu Me arrived with a bad temper. She haven’t slept even a single second at Chun Yo’s house and in the morning Yui has stormed away not even daring to talk or even look at her for a second. She found the director in one corner smiling to himself. This made Hyu Me’s bad temper rise. She walks towards him and slammed her hands on the table.

BAM!

The director sat back, clutching her dear heart. “H-hyu Me, you scared me to death!”

“I’m going to make this short. Delete. The. Video.” Hyu Me growled to him with full emphasis on the last three words.

The director gulped. He has seen Hyu Me angry so many times to the point that he immediately knew that she shouldn’t be taken lightly. “I can’t just dele---”

“I said RIGHT NOW! Don’t make me repeat myself once more.” Hyu Me, raised her voice. The director was astounded at the superiority of her voice that it made him want to shrink on the very chair he is sitting. “It’s not in my authority to delete the video, yes we can add things like pictures and videos but you have to face higher staffs to delete that and it’ll take a lot of time.”

Hyu Me’s right eyebrow shot up at hearing this, “You can add things?” She cocked her head as she considers this. Finally, she made up her mind. “Fine, I'll play this another way.”

She walks towards a camera on standby and held it close to her. She looked at it with those determined, fiery and very angry green eyes. “I have a message to everyone who has done such cruelty to my bestfriend: STOP IT. If you are not dumb you’d understand this. I’m not asking you, I’m telling you. I know you are all doing this for Key and me but I don’t need it and I especially hate it. My bestfriend hates Music couple, so what? She hates me, so what? That’s her business, out! Every time you throw something to her the more reasons you give me to regret on being in this show.”

"That's enough Kim HYu Me!"

“NO! I won’t stop!” Hyu Me shouted without even looking away. Her voice quivers at her speech making the PDs and staffs listen to her. It is true that what she is doing is wrong and yet they can’t stop her because they can all feel her pain and the love she has to Yui. “I’ll solve my problem with her. She’s part of my personal life, this does not concern you. I’m not a good person especially if you touch people who are important to me. Stay away from her and stop hurting her or else… or else… I’ll quit the show

Everyone froze at what they heard. They expected her to be mad but they never thought she could say such thing. Leeteuk was right after all, Yui can control Hyu Me even without knowing.

“I mean it. I don’t give a damn about the contract. If it would come to this point, I’ll quit the show even if I get arrested if I do so.” Hyu Me stood straight and pressed the camera’s red button. She looks around and found everyone gaping at her. I have disappointed them… She realized and she felt bad about it but she knows there’s no turning back now. “Please post this to the site.”

“What if I-I won’t,” the director asked in a flustered voice.

Hyu Me narrowed her eyes, is the director challenging her? “Simple, then I’ll quit the show.”

“Hyu Me stop acting like a brat!” The makeup artist spat, not able to endure what she is seeing. The girl called brat faintly smirks, “if you haven’t posted that video do you think I’ll be acting like a brat unnie? I get angry when you use me for this show but I can manage. But to include my friend, I don’t think I can just stand here and do nothing at all.”

The director massaged his temples, he has expected this would happen right when Leeteuk mindlessly posted the video, “I will post it Hyu Me, and you have my word.”

At hearing this, Hyu Me’s agitated feeling finally dimmed. She mumbled her words of gratitude as her energy is drawing out from her body.

“You have to know…” the director said when she was about to walk away. “I have to tell you this; don’t expect it would have immediate effect. This might frustrate you again and you would probably leave this show. While you’re at it, I hope that whenever you are threatening to do so, bear in mind that Key’s reputation and job can be affected.”

The staffs looked at each other. Indeed Hyu Me’s threat can be dangerous. Even if they do have the contract to hold her, the show would still fall without her. The director knows this too and so he hopes that she would reconsider if he brings up Key in this. “What would people think if you quit while you’re with Key? They will question him and probably underrate him. If he means even just a tiny bit to you, you wouldn’t quit this show.”

Hyu Me stood there in front of everyone, motionless. Just awhile ago she was sure of her actions and words but now that the director has spoken and Key’s name has been brought up…

Even if he means just a tiny bit to me…

 

Hyu Me finds herself confused and conflicted once again.

 

 

Key’s point of view

 

There’s something wrong

Right when I entered the set, I had this feeling that something happened while I wasn’t around. Just when everyone was preparing, all of them were talking in hushed tones and they look at me with anxious expressions, just like how the fans have been acting.

Hyu Me, my thoughts wandered to her. How is she?

“Kim Hyu Me?” I heard the director’s voice calling her and so I followed that. I found her gazing far away as the director approaches her. “Your request has been posted.” The director said. What is this, even the ever-so nosy director has a dim energy today.

“Thanks,” Hyu Me sighs and crosses her hands across her chest. I stood there staring at her; as always, the beauty that comes from her simplicity still amazes but this time there was no hint of happiness painted on her face. I noticed her hair is still in the same knot from yesterday and is it me or… she haven’t gone home from our date yesterday? The shirt she’s wearing is too big for her; like someone just lent in to her.

Babo Key, if you want to know what this is all about, you better approach her first. “Hyu Me!” I smiled as energetic as I can as I waved at her. Her green alluring that I have always loved darted to me and I saw how tired she is. Did she even sleep?

“O-oppa,” she attempted to smile but her face only appeared grim.

I went near her and hugged her. I was surprised when she cowered, why is she inching away from me? Ani, she’s just shy that’s all… right?

“Y-you don’t have to hug me like that, we’re not filming anyway.” She pulled back and stared at the floor. Why is she acting like this?

There was silence between us and yet she just stood there, not even bothering to cut it. “For today, I was hoping you could help me choose a present for my grandma just like what we did yesterday.”

She nodded, her eyes still on the ground. “I’ll try but I’m not sure if I can be of any help.” She fiddled with a lose thread on her shirt as she continues, “I never knew my own grandparents or even my mother… so I’m not really good with presents.”

“I’m so sorr--”

“It’s okay, I’m used to it.” She said, cutting me of. “It’s not like I don’t have a father or friends to take care of me. I’m not alone, I’ll… I’ll just have to make sure they’re safe.”

“Key and Hyu Me on the set now please!” One of the crew shouted.

“See you later oppa,”

“Hyu Me” I took hold of her hand and stopped her. I can’t just let her go like this and then let her smile in front of the cameras. I’m worried about her; there is something wrong and for some reason I can feel that I have something to do with it. “What’s troubling you? Tell me, maybe I can help.”

Hyu Me sighed and leaned on the wall. “I’m suppose to choose between something oppa. I can’t afford to lose this,” she stated and looked at her right hand, “and yet everyone expects me not to give up on this,” she added and motioned to her left hand.

I sighed; she wasn’t making any sense at all. And judging by our state, it seems that Hyu Me don’t want to tell me in details. “Just choose what’s important for you Hyu Me and just let go of the other.” I replied stupidly.

She glared angrily at me. She suddenly grabbed the collars of my shirt. I had two put both of my hands on the wall to either side of her to keep myself from falling on her. I bent down to look at her and suddenly I found my face so close to hers. With this short distance between us, it was clear how much she was suffering. My inside churned, I definitely don’t like seeing her like this.

“That’s the problem! I can’t choose because even if I can’t afford to lose what’s on my right hand, I can’t just give up what’s on my left because that person has become… important to me.” She bit her lip and rested her forehead below the crook of my neck. “I told you not to make me feel so special. Kim Kibum, you’re making me so confuse!”

My hands slid down to her arms. I want to look at her face and ask her what she means but she won’t budge. She buried her face on my chest even more as the hold on my collars tightened making her knuckles white.

“I don’t understand,” I whispered, my lips slightly touching her hair.

“The director was right you mean something to me.” She muttered in despair. “You’re important to me Kim Kibum and that’s why I just can’t… I just can’t give you up!”

That’s when it struck me…

That’s when I realized… that on the left hand of Kim Hyu Me…

…is ME

 She’s struggling between two choices and I’m one of it.

As I hold her there in confusion, a part of me was glad that she’s not giving up on me… yet. But thinking of her words, I realized that because of me she is having a hard time. And there’s this someone on the right hand that she can’t afford to lose too… So what should I do? What am I suppose to say?

“Don’t worry about me. Just think what’s best for you,” I told her. I’m not sure what’s going on but she my number one priority. I guess the truth here would also explain why people are behaving weirdly around me and it’s quite obvious that no one would want to tell me what’s really happening.

Well that’s the least of my worries…

I hugged her and this time she didn’t withdraw. Right now I just really wish I weigh enough for her… enough for her to hold on because it’s quite obvious that the right hand is much more stronger and more importantly…

 

Her left hand is slowly giving up…

 

 

END!

 

(of the chapter! keke)

 

taeminniefan: sorry about last time :)