Chapter 9 - Maknae saw another part of the green-eyed girl

Shinee's no Ordinary Date

Green Tears 

Taemin's point of view

"Anyong ajhussi, I think you're Hyu Me's father. Nice meeting you." I bowed at the man lying on the bed. I'm currently in room 202 again, the place where Hyu Me noona and I first met. "I'm Shinee's maknae---" what am I saying? He's not a fan, he's the father of my brothers' virtual girlfriend. "I'm Lee Taemin...just Lee Taemin."

After tiring days and sleepless nights, I've finally decided what to do. There's no way I can stop the show, that's never an option anymore. Just remembering Leeteuk sunbae's scary eyes makes me want to pee on my pants already.

I really am worried about the fact that my hyung might fall in love with Hyu Me but of course I can't just open my mouth and blast all the truth. The show would end and all my hyungs' effort and hardwork will just fail.

Creak!

My head turned towards the sound and found Hyu Me noona in front of the door. Her hands were on her knees as she tries to catch her breath.

"Appa, sorry I'm late--" She stood straight and saw me. I smiled nervously. I exactly know what would happen next.

Here it goes..."Yah! I have three things for you! First of all what are you doing here? Second of all, are you crazy? People in the hospital will spread rumours if they see you here. and last but not the least...WHY IS YOUR HAIR SUDDENLY LONG? YOU LOOK MORE FEMININE THAN I DO!!!"

Huh? Why would my hair would be part of her three things? She is still sweating and her eyes look crazy. She definitely not in her right mind. "You sond like crazy, what happened?"

The word crazy might have caught her attention. Her energy dimmed and expression became tired, her shoulders slouched as she sat on the floor.

""Noona the floor is dirty! Sit on the chair." I intended to scold her like an older person but it only sounded like a child whining. I wonder when would I ever sound like a mature man?

"I can't believe another SHINEE is talking to me. I'm so tired of seeing Shinee." She muttered with a deep sigh.

"What happened?" though I did scold her, I still sat on the floor. I faced her with legs crossed and hands on each knees.

"The crew showed me how tough it is to date four people."

She started to tell me everything that happened this morning.

 

Kim Hyu Me's point of view

 

"Chun yo! I'm in deep trouble, you have to help me!" I begged to him. Cameras still followed me even if I am already at the restaurant's kitchen.

"What do you need my help for? You have a boyfriend, why don't you ask them for help?" He said in a cold tone with deep emphasis of the word "boyfriend." I can see how he tries to hide his face from the cameras...he hates it and if I wasn't just in a tight problem right now, I would've understand.

"Three of them are waiting for me and Minho is just outside the restaurant. They can't see each other, or I'm toast!" I desperately explained. I was so nervous I didn't notice I was biting my nails already.

Chun Yo tried to ignore me but then failed, "aisshh!! I hate you for making me do this," He stopped chopping the chicken the he took of his apron. "Make an excuse to Onew. I'll drive Minho to the back part of the restaurant, I'll keep him busy."

I thanked him a lot and gave him a quick hug. The crew was divided when he and I separated. I took a mental note to apologize and thank him later. I came back to Onew who was nibbling a chicken bone. With no pure reason at all, I took out my handphone and took a picture of him. He noticed me when he heard the shutter-like sound. "Sorry, I love taking funny pictures"

"You think I'm funny?" He asked me good-naturedly. I nodded and he went back nibbling again.

"How's your comeback?" I asked him when I sat back to my chair.

"I'm not sure, it's the first time we've performed Sherlock this morning. I hope so." Onew snaps into a leader mode the moment I asked him about his job. I find that really interesting.

"oppa, you really love being successful, don't you?" I asked. He coughed and dropped the chicken bone. I saw his eyes flicker to the cameras.

"Yes, my success is for someone." He muttered.

Now I'm really curious, "Who's this someone?"

RRRIng! I'm so curious yeah...

Even if our conversation was interrupted, I can't help but smile when I heard the ringtone. It turned out to be the chorus part of Sherlock.

"I really have to go now Hyu Me, I'm sorry." He said after answering the call. That's a good thing, at least I don't have to make excuses to him.

"Anyong oppa, make sure you bring another Kimchi when we meet." I joked. Suddenly, he did something unusual. He pinched both of my cheeks,"'I'll miss you Hyu Me, someday, I'll tell you why I love success." His eyes disappeared when he smiled.

I touched my chest when he left. This is bad, my heart beating abnormally just like what happens when I'm with Key. I shook my feelings away, I really have to meet Minho now. I dashed towards the back of the resaturant and found a really awkward Minho who was posing for Chun Yo. "I'm your big fan!! My dongsaengs will really love this. Just one more shot."

"Chun Yo, what are you doing? stop that." I scolded him. Ironically, I was begging him to do this a few minutes ago. At once, he dropped his act and went back to the kitchen.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" Minho suddenly exploded.

"What's with you?" I shot back, "Do you really have to shout?"

"I'm sure the crew sent you the message that I'm here, what took you so long?" This guy never fails to get on my nerves. Who does he thinks he is anyway?

Oh right Hyu Me, he's your virtual boyfriend...babo!

"This is a reality show, how can you pass messages to the crew, what are they? YOU'RE SERVANTS?" Some of the crew smirked. I smiled to the camera. "Anyway, did you like my friend? I asked for him to annoy you"

Minho massaged his head with his right hand, "Kim Hyu Me" he growled, "do you know how awkward it is when a guy asks for you to pose and do aegyos"

I giggled, Chun Yo did a great job. "I win this time then," I told him and patted his shoulder, "You have to receive a punishment then."

He stepped closer to me, now that were only inches apart, I can notice how he towers above me. He's so tall! "I'll get back to you, What do you want me to do? Tell it to me fast, I have only ffifteen minutes left"

"You're leaving? that fast?" I asked.

He smiled mischieviously at me. He bent down, his face just inches to mine."Why, do you want me to stay? Tell me Hyu Me, did you miss me for this last two weeks?"

I took a step back away from him. I swear, I felt goosebumps all over my skin. "I miss making you angry." I said with a grin. "I know what would be your punishment. Give me a piggyback ride from here to the lot just right next to the children's park."

"Piggybacks are only for pigs" He teased,

"I don't care, you have only fifteen minutes. Might as well make you suffer as fast as I can." I jumped to his back and closed my arms around his neck he took hold of my legs and started carrying me. He was muttering all the way. Throwing complains and such but I wasn't listening. All what's in my mind is the image of my father carrying me like this, "Appa..." I muttered before I can even stop myself. I'm sure only Minho could've heard that. Weird thing is, he stopped complaining when I slipped that word.

We said nasty goodbyes after that. Minho left promising that he'll win next time. I just shot him a merong as a reply. Now I only have to deal with Jonghyun. I crossed the road and arrived at the noisy park for kids. There were also mothers who watched the children as they play along.

When I couldn't find Jonghyun, I decided to just sit on a rusty swing. "Balloon for a cute lady?" I looked up and found a man selling balloons. He was holding too many of it that he's face was covered. "I really don't have any penny for a balloon." I said and paused, "On the second thought, I think I should buy one. I have to apologize anyway since I'm late"

"Actually I'm the one who should apologize..." The man let all the balloons fly except for one. To my surprise it was Jonghyun, he handed me the last balloon colored pink. I couldn't help but beam, he sure has ways to surprise me.

"What are you sorry for?" I said like I didn't know.

"You don't have to hide it Hyu Me," He faced the cameras "I hurt Hyu Me's feelings the first day we met. All of you viewers don't know because it happened after the taping. He announced and faced me again. He took my hand and stared at it while he continues. "It's not good to act sweet to me when you're actually hurt. I am sorry."

I looked at the ground. I know I was blushing, probably because I can sense how sincere he is to me. I squeezed his hand and accepted his apology. "I think we should better of be friends first. So that we can know each other in a much comfortable way" And so that Se Kyung-shii will understand, I added in my thoughts.

He agreed and just like that, we became friends...probably off stage too.

---&---

 

"I went to work after that. I received a hell of lecture from my manager for being late again. He made me do late shift too." I finished telling Taemin about my whole day with his brothers.

"What's wrong with your day noona? I mean aside that the manager scolded you, you're day did go prettty well.

Anger starts to boil up to my very gut. "Yeah? that's because I forgot to tell you that I don't have friends left any more! Yui and Chun--" I but my lip, "Never mind, you'll never understand. You're life's too comfy for you to understand me." I stood up and stood beside my dad, "Go home Taemin, I don't like seeing you.I'm tired of having too much SHINEE in my life."

I stared at every bit of my dad's face, down to his hands...and suddenly, there was sudden movement from is thumb.

 

Taemin's point of view

 

Her words are too much...I'm never coming back here...I can't stand her anymore.

"TAEMIN! TAEMIN!" I was just at the foot of the door when I heard her shout. "My father's thumb moved! It moved! come and see!!!!" To my surprise, she grabbed my hand and pulled me back to the room. His father is still unconscious just like before.

"It was just a reaction noona," I said in a weak voice. One minute she's angry and the next... I'm so confused.

"I don't care, I haven't seen him move for almost five months." A tear slipped from her eyes, "I wish he'd move again"

More tears....noona is crying! My chest tightened, as I look at her happy and desperate face. I can feel how she loves her dad so much.

"Appa, you have to wake up, I only have you now. Yui and Chun Yo are mad at me, I'v never felt so alone." She let go of me and then he caressed his father face.

I was frozen...my whole body is. I don't know why I suddenly want to comfort her, to dry her tears. This is the real Hyu Me, a girl who longed for her father. I took out my handkerchief and forced her to face me, I wiped her face which is a big mess right now.

"Taemin...do ...do you think my father will ...wake up?" She asked between heavy breaths. I stared at those sad green eyes as I replied, "Yes, I'm sure he will"

She leaned her head on my chest and buried her face.

 

Remember when I said I finally decided what to do? Well, first I'll secure my hyungs are okay. Second....

I'll prove to this girl that she is not alone... that she still has one more friend left...

 

ME.

 

End! I bet it's my longest chapter. I enjoyed writing this, though I stayed up til four. Night everyone! time to get some sleep.