Chapter 10 - She can do that for me?

Shinee's no Ordinary Date

20110620_jonghyun_sekyung.jpg 

 

Kim Hyu Me checked her face on the mirror. She keeps on slapping her face but she’s still blushing. Her mind never left how Taemin comforted her. I lost my control again. I shouldn’t have showed my weak side to Taemin.

Hyu Me went out from the comfort room and found Taemin leaning on the wall staring seriously at his father. “I-I’m sorry for troubling you just now.” She said.

When trained his eyes towards her, she began to feel embarrassed again. “Are you okay noona? It seems like you’re feeling hot.” Taemin went near her, “Your face is really red.”

Hyu Me looked away as her face is threatening to blush even deeper.

Suddenly, the usual ringtone ‘Sherlock’ echoed through the silent walls of room 202. He pressed the ‘end’ button. It’s no use anyway; he knows that the manager would just scold him for not being home yet. “Noona, I should go.” He gave the handkerchief he used to dry Hyu Me’s tears to her. “You’re not alone noona. You might have met my hyungs in a bad way because you have to act like a girlfriend right away. But you see they’re good people. I think they really want to make friends with you. You don’t have to be guilty all the time; you didn’t do anything wrong. Think this way; by taping this reality show, you’re giving my hyungs some time to relax.”

Those were the words Hyu Me wants to hear the most: A reassurance that even though she’s not being truthful to the 4 idols, she can still do something for them. Funny, I have to hear this from a childish person. “You really talk too much, you pretty baby.” She pinched Taemin’s cheeks and pushed him towards the door. “Go home, it’s getting late.” She closed the door after that.

Taemin stared at the door in front of him for awhile. She is back covering her feelings with a mask. Since he should really go home, he took a cab and watched the hospital until it’s out of sight. I’m taking that mask noona, I’ll make sure the happy face you gave me just now will be the real feeling you’ll have someday.

While at the hospital, Hyu Me held his father’s hand, “That big baby is right appa. I should stop worrying and just accept those 4 idols in my life. They’re really kind to me… well except for Minho…I must at least do something for them.”

And I know exactly what to do, Hyu Me added in her thoughts. Starting with Jonghyun…

---&---

 

Kim Hyu Me’s point of view

 

“CUT!” The director said with his usual deafening shout. “That’s a wrap everyone. Good job!”

“Hey, do you think he’ll ever get tired of shouting?”

“I don’t know Hyu Me, he doesn’t have any choice anyway, since he’s paid for that.”

Jonghyun and I laughed. We finished our third meeting in a cold Monday evening. I have guessed the right thing; after the balloon event, Jonghyun did start to treat me as a friend. “Hyu Me, let’s go grab a shake, I’m thirsty.”

I waved my hand and started to walk, “I don’t have any money for shakes, bye!”

I felt a hard tug on my jacket. I ended up leaning on Jonghyun’s body. “Babo, I’m treating you. I’m kind of rich you know.”

“Tsk, you and your confidence.” I tried to push him away, but he kept one arm around my shoulders.

“Both of you look a lot sweeter to each other when you’re off the camera.” Someone said. We suddenly noticed that most of the people from the crew are still observing us. One actually took a photo.

“Yup, that’s what we are. The couple who still mysteriously hangs out even after the taping is done.” Jonghyun proudly said with an evil laugh in the end. “Stop following us okay? We’re just buying shakes; nothing else. No need to make rumors about it.” He said with a warning look to the one who took a photo.

We went to the nearest dessert store. The store is bright with full of colors that can make you actually hungry. “What flavor do you want?” Jonghyun asked me giddily.

“Hmm…I’ll take strawberry.” I’ve decided to choose anything that is colored pink whenever I’m with him. Maybe this is a weird thing to say, but I really never had a favorite color before. Right after Jonghyun gave me that balloon; the only color I see now is pink.

I took a seat while he ordered for me. Even though there were only few people in the store, heads still turn towards our direction.

“Neh hyung, I’m just taking Hyu Me out for awhile” Jonghyun arrived with two shakes in one arm and a handphone pressed in one ear. I saw his wallpaper when he ended the call. I scoffed, “Seriously? Even without cameras you still have that posted on your phone?”

It was a picture of us; both smiling and making a peace sign. “What’s wrong with it?” He said and made a loud slurping sound from his shake. “I think it’s cute.”

“What if the other SHINEE members see that? The contract says, they should not know you’re dating.” I reminded him anxiously. I have so many things to worry already. I can’t manage Jonghyun messing up.

“Don’t worry, SM entertainment set up new rules for us and one of that is to never check each other’s phone. My members won’t cheat against rules, I know them.” He told me with a reassuring pat on my shoulder.

I took a sip from my shake and felt the sweet strawberry on my tongue. “hmm maa!” I exclaimed.

“You sound like a kid Hyu Me,” Jonghyun remarked who is obviously amused of me.

I ignored him and went on drinking the delicious shake. “Next time you should bring your girlfriend in---” Babo Hyu Me, babo! Why do I really have to say that? I can see Jonghyun’s energy withdrawing. I cleared my throat. There’s no turning back now. “How are you with Se kyung-shii anyway?”

He shrugged; his eyes are suddenly concentrated to the table. “I haven’t contacted her when the whole show began.”

“WHAT?” I said it out too loud. I got everyone’s attention by doing that. I ignored them, “I told you its okay to go out with her.” I hissed.

“It’s no use Hyu Me, she’s probably mad anyway; the whole South Korea already knows that I’m dating you.” He said as his finger traces unknown figures on the table. When I didn’t say anything, Jonghyun gave me sad puppy look. “Hyu Me, I still have strong feelings for her, otteoke?”

I sighed. Even if I’m not the romantic type, I think I would’ve done a better job than him. “You have to explain to her that this is just a show and that your feelings are only for her. It’s lame to give up knowing that the only reason you broke up is because both of you are busy.” I touched the tip of his nose, “that’s just stupid.”

Jonghyun nodded and rested his head on the table. “I’m hopeless; I wish I can visit her taping right now.”

What he said suddenly caught my attention. “You mean she has a taping right now?”

Jonghyun nodded again, “Yup, for a drama series.”

I grinned, “Then what are we still doing here? Let’s go and have a peek on some actress.”

---&---

 

“Yah, Hyu Me!” Jonghyun said in a loud whisper. “Let’s just go back.”

We are currently behind, Shin Se Kyung’s van. I disregarded every ranting mutters of Jonghyun. He’s the type who is so good in talk shows and such but is an actual coward with the girl she likes. Where is she? My neck is starting to hurt from craning just to see her.

Just right after I complained, she suddenly appeared! Up until now, I still can’t get over of how beautiful this woman can be. Her silky skin, her delicate eyes, her black flowing hair… everything! I can’t blame Jonghyun if he wants her back, I can totally see why. I grabbed Jonghyun’s shirt and pointed Se Kyung, “There she is; now go and talk to her!” I pushed him but he stood firm.

“I-I’m not ready,” He said. I know his struggling; I’m sure he wants to talk to her. “Mhiane Hyu Me…” He started to retreat.

I should have pull him back and convince him again. But suddenly I remembered the conversation I heard in that dark alley. His voice was desperate back then and so miserable as well. How many times has he exactly begged for Se Kyung? Twice? Thrice? If it’s more than that, then it can really take a person’s confidence.

I’ll excuse you for now Jonghyun. I flexed my arms and heaved a deep breath. If he can’t do it, then I’ll do it myself.

I’ll talk to Shin Se Kyung…

­---&---

 

Jonghyun’s point of view

 

I saw her again…Her smile, her face…I badly want to talk to her again, to beg to her… and yet just the sight of her made me back off… how humiliating…What’s happening to me? I’m Jonghyun, I’m Shinee’s bling bling! I’m…I’m…

I’m a coward

I went on walking, never stopping, never looking back. I stopped when I was a block away from the shooting place… I am a block away from Se Kyung.

Hyu Me’s probably behind me, furiously catching up. I waited for probably five more minutes for her but she didn’t arrive. With every ounce of courage, I look back and stared at the shooting place again. I can still see Se Kyung’s figure even if I am a bit far already. She’s near the van now talking to someone.

Wait… I think that someone is Hyu Me! What on earth is she doing now?

I started to go back very quietly with every hope that no one would hear. Good thing there are no people passing on the street. I managed to hide myself behind a large tree, just close enough to hear their conversation.

“So you came here to tell me that?” I started to get nervous when I heard Se Kyung’s voice. It sounds like she’s irritated.

“Yes. And again, I repeat, stay away from Jonghyun oppa.” What? I can’t believe it was Hyu Me’s voice; it sounded so arrogant! “He doesn’t deserve you. You are a coward for pushing him away even if you actually still have feelings for him. He doesn’t need you now. Besides, I’m here anyway; His new girlfriend.”

“You are his VIRTUAL girlfriend, Hyu Me-shii.” Se Kyung corrected her with a very measured voice. I heard how she emphasized the word ‘virtual.’

I heard Hyu Me smirk, “and what exactly are YOU, Se Kyung-shii”

I peeked behind the tree. Se kyung is biting her lip; the way she does when she can’t stand what’s happening anymore. She marched towards the van and went inside. Her manager arrived after that, Hyu Me bowed respectfully at him. The van drove off when he was inside too.

“So that was what you’re planning the whole time?” I stepped out from the tree. My voice was shaking in rage. “Making Se Kyung feel bad? Showing her that we are a couple?”

Hyu Me rolled her eyes, “look, don’t be mad. I can explain!”

“STOP IT KIM HYU ME! YOU JUST TRASHED ALL THE LITTLE CHANCE I HAVE TO SE KYUNG!!!” I shouted in outrage. “And to think I thought you were my friend.”

I was disappointed beyond disappointed! How can she do this to me? I thought I finally have a person to share my feelings of, I thought finally I have someone that I can show who I really am, I thought I finally have a true friend.

I was wrong.

I ran and ran, never stopping until I reached the next block. I heard her call my name but I didn't dare to look back. She's just like any obssess girl who would do things without even the slightest concern if it would hurt me or not.

"Yah, Jonghyun babo! We'll always have misunderstandings if you will never learn to trust me!!" I heard her shout before I took a cab and went home.

---&---

 

"What are you doing Hyung, texting Se Kyung unnie?"

"Go away Key, I'm not in the mood." I spat at my dongsaeng. I envy him, whenever he comes home from his secret solo schedule, he is always happy.

Unlike me.

I am currently lying on the couch, holding my handphone and staring at the smiling face of Kim Hyu Me-- that traitor. I don't understand her, I don't understand her at all! One minute I treat her shake and we talk happily together and the next, she goes saying bad things to my ex-girlfriend. Doesn't she have even the smallest idea how important Se Kyung is to me? I looked at my phone again and frowned. Why are you still my wallpaper? I charged the settings and changed the picture into my face. That's better...and a lot cuter, I childishly thought.

I let go of my handphone and closed my eyes. I need to take a rest, this day is very tiring.

tik tok...tik tok...

Five minutes has passed and I have to really admit to myself that I can't get Hyu Me and her actions out of my mind. I grabbed my phone again and sent her an angry face.

Jonghyun: (angry)

Hyu Me: (You'll say sorry to me after five minutes...laugh)

and why would I say sorry to her? It didn't reach five minutes yet and suddenly the answer arrived.

Se Kyung: (Oppa? How are you? I hope you can answer me. You might be surprised of this. Goodnight oppa)

My chest felt tight all of a sudden. Instead of answering Se Kyung, I texted Hyu Me first, I need to clarify something.

Jonghyun: (surprise , what did you tell Se kyung Hyu Me?)

Hyu Me:(I played the bad girl! Sometimes to motivate a girl, you have to act LIKE a girl ^_^)

Jonghyun: (Hyu Me?)

Hyu Me: (?)

Jonghyun: (Thank you...and sorry...)

The next message was a mms, I opened. She sent me a picture of herself sticking her tongue out. Her green eyes were glaring at me. Below she added a little message.

 ( Merong!Jonghyun Babo! Babo! I know you would say sorry to me! tsk tsk Next time, don't be so mad. Try to trust and listen to my explanation first. Stop texting me! I'm running out of money already. Se Kyung texted right? Better start replying, don't let the lady wait!)

I cant stop myself from smiling. Hyu Me was willing to act like a bad girl for me. I'm sure Se Kyung was really mad awhile ago but Hyu Me didn't care about that. She did what she can do, and now...Se Kyung actually texted me.

I couldn't explain the warmness I was feeling inside. I looked at the picture Hyu Me sent to me again. Once again I charged the settings of my phone. The wallpaper changed into the photo she just sent. "That's better...and a lot cuter."

I smiled and started to reply to Se Kyung...

 

End! you know that annoying feeling when you're almost done with the chapter then suddenly there was a problem on your computer erasing the whole thing you just typed??? I swear! It can make you really angry. Good thing I was still able to type again. Goodnight!