Chapter 29 - All my fault...

Shinee's no Ordinary Date

 

Uhm okay… about the last two chapters, I believe you have noticed the numerous mistakes. (he or she… Jihun and Yui being switched.) I didn’t have time to check them since I don’t have a laptop… either that or I’m just relly dumb that I didn’t notice. I personally want to thank Darkshadow for telling me.

Okay, I’ll stop my big mouth here… presenting the next chapter with a new poster from  made from Miss Ensoleille by Shadowabuk (thank you, I love that shop!)…

 

 chapteeer 29 : All my fault! (it’s the longest chapter I’ve written so far.)

 

 

tears.jpg

 

“Doctor… anyone, please help us!”

BEEP… BEEP… BEEP….

The woman’s trembling fingers went on pressing the call button. Soon enough a doctor and couple of nurses came rushing with all their equipments ready for this kind of emergency.

“No other people are allowed when the operation is going on. Please wait outside.” Upon hearing the doctor’s calm request, one of the nurses forcefully guided the struggling woman outside.

“P-please, I have to be with her… please!”

SLAM!

The woman pounded the door with her closed fists hoping that it would open. It was hopeless, of course; the nurse had it locked. “You have to save her!” She shouted with a trembling voice. “You have to save my daughter no matter what!”

She sat on the floor and wept. She hopes her husband would come fast. She needed him and their daughter needed him. The woman but her lip until a trickle of blood flowed from her lip. She blames herself for what’s happening. If only she can have more time with her daughter but how can she when the loan sharks have been chasing her husband and her all the time; almost beating them to death just to get money out from them.

“One thousand one… one thousand two… one thousand three… CLEAR!”

Upon hearing that from the room, the woman started to tremble. It only means that her daughter’s heart is not beating anymore. The dear mother cried like never before.

She waits helplessly as the operation goes on.

Seconds… minutes… hours passed, the wretched door finally opened. She scrambled to her feet and faced the door, asking for the good news.

“We were able to revive her.” The doctor smiled comfortingly. The woman cried harder this time; she is so happy with news. The doctor sighed as he watches her. This is always the hard part of his job. He has to tell the good news and then add something that ruins the joy of the patient’s relative. “Mrs. Lim, I have to tell you, her cancer has gotten worse. A month ago her parts of her brain has stopped functioning causing for her ability to walk to cease and now…”

“And now?” The woman repeated. She had a hunch that a bad news is coming up and the doctor’s silence has confirmed it. “I want to see my daughter.” She said and wraps her hand around the doorknob.

“Mrs. Lim,” she stopped when the doctor has finally found his voice. “Look, if you can’t convince your daughter to take the chemotherapy no matter how many tablets we let her drink, it would never be enough. If this continues then it would only be a matter of time before… before…”

“D-don’t say it please! I BEG YOU! I still want to hope, I still want to believe that we have a chance.” The woman clamped to stop from hiccupping and tries to control herself.

“At times like this Mrs. Lim, I advise you to bring her home. I think it’s what’s best for her.”

 

 

Dark… it’s so dark…

Her hands touched her eyeballs and she flinched; it hurt.

Even if my eyes are open… it’s still dark…

Her cancer must have spread to the other parts of her brain causing her sense of sight to be affected. Tears started to flow from her blind eyes. She knew that her illness would get worse but she didn’t expect she’d die without seeing her loved ones smile for the last time.

What would it attack next? She wondered. Maybe next week I wouldn’t be able to hear anymore. That’s if I ever live that long, my heart even stopped just two hours ago.

She wiped her tears, knowing that her mother would be there any moment. She was scared… terrified even. She couldn’t imagine living in a life in pitch black. As she lay there, wrapped in utter silence and darkness she pictures out the few faces that has made her happy for the past 18 years. Her mother, her father, her other relatives, Taemin… Hyu Me

“Daughter,” the voice of her mother sounded like she was just strangled. Did the loan sharks hurt her again, or did the very sight of her daughter torture her?

When I die, I wouldn’t feel the pain. My mom would… all of those who loved me would… Even if I’m blind I am loved. I shouldn’t feel sorry for myself; I should make those precious people happy instead.

And so her lips form the very trademark of this girl… her smile. “Give me a hug umma!” Her arms spread in the opposite direction from her mom.

The older woman gasped and she clutched her dear heart. The sight of her daughter having a hard time is unbearable. “You’ve become blind.”

The daughter’s lips quivered at the voice of her mom. How she wish she can see her right now. She fought the pain and gave out a giggle, “you caught me! Aigoo, I’m such a bad actress!”

“Daughter, let’s put you in a chemothera-”

“NO.” The blind girl firmly stated. “It’s too late, and we don’t have any money left. Those bastards are squeezing out money from you. I can’t afford to let this hospital do the same thing too. Besides, it’s too late. Accept it mom… I’m dying.

“Then… then let’s get you home please,” the mother begged; desperate to do anything for her daughter. She saw her daughter smile in reply “I want to stay here mom. I feel happy when I am in here.”

The mother pursed her lips and looked at the lonely space of room 203. What can make her daughter happy here? “If you say so Jihun

“Umma let’s play a game!” The daughter yelped giddily. She shoves away the heavy feeling knowing that there is no use in sulking especially when she’s down to her last days.

“Okay, what kind of game?” Her mother asked softly.

“You stand in different corners of the room. Let’s see if I can find you.”

It’s a practice game, Jihun thought to herself. My friend have enough problems, I can’t add myself to her list

Kim Hyu Me must not know I’m blind

 

---&---

 

Kim Hyu Me’s point of view

 

If everything was okay, I would’ve enjoyed this day with you…

“Did you remember all of them?”

“Kyuhyun, Leeteuk, Ryeowook, Eunhyuk, Shindong, Yesung, Donghae, Siwon and Sungmin” I recited.

Key clapped his hands and ruffled my hair. “Oops,” he pulled out a comb and brushed my hair.

“I can brush it alone, you know.” I said and grabbed the pink comb which has been awfully attracting me with its color.

He smirked, “I doubt it. Just let me do it, besides I am your boyfriend.”

The last word caught us off guard. Our eyes met and I was reminded of what happened a few minutes ago: I grabbed him, leaned on him and actually confessed that he is important to me. I felt my cheeks burning again so I looked away and stared back to the pictures that he gave me.

I heard Key gave a fake cough as he flips to the next page. “How about them, do you know them?”

“F(x)?” I guessed. “I saw them on the MP4 you gave me. The song was Electric Shock, I think.”

“Aigoo, my bunny is so good,” he said with puckered lips. I broke into a laugh at seeing his face. Seriously, he has been doing this to me ever since we started filming. I guess he’s comforting me this way.

If everything was okay, I would’ve enjoyed this day with you…

“Good, now that you’re smiling, I think I should tell you who they are. Let’s start with Amber…”

Forgive me Key for not listening, it’s not that I don’t like f(x) it’s just that right now, I prefer looking at Key’s face… at Key’s smile. I remember how amazed I was with him during the first time we met, when I took my eyes off at the computer screen, I saw him with that cool smile that I have always loved to see. I probably look stupid as I gaze at him but since I am down to my last days on dating him, I guess it’s just understandable.

Down to my last days… yes, I guess even if I just threatened a whole lot of people it would never be enough. I mean why would they listen to me in the first place? I’m just a nobody. Plus I have treated them so rudely, it wasn’t right! My manners had been out ruled by my emotions due to the anger that I felt.

Well there’s no turning back now. Yui is my top priority, if I can’t make them stop then the only way is to quit. Period. I noticed how the director used Key to stop me and for a moment it did work… just for a moment. I hope he realizes by now that it’s useless. Right when I knew the whole concept of the show, I knew that in the end I would always be the bad person that has hurt SHINEE. So it’s always easy for me to formulate and trigger a situation that would make people hate me. I will do that for Kim Kibum. I won’t let my bunny be blamed.

Yup, I’ll make sure that if I ever quit the show, everyone will be so mad at me that their sympathy and love will go to Key and to the rest of SHINEE. In addition to that Yui would finally be safe again.

Is this it? Would quitting the show be the answer to all this mess?

Yes, it’s the right thing to do. Now I only have one problem left…

“Yah, Kim Hyu Me, are you even listening?”

“Oh mhiane, can you repeat it?”

“WHAAAT? The whole 10 minute talk?”

I laughed. If everything was okay, I would’ve enjoyed this day with you…

 

Call it selfish but the truth is, I’m still not ready to let him go…

 

---&---

 

“Oh now them, I know them.” Key watches Hyu Me smirk at the picture.

“Oooh and who could they be?” He asked teasingly.

Hyu Me crossed her arms and stuck her tongue out.

“Yah you shouldn’t disrespect your brothers-in-law!” he said and hugged the picture of his own boy band group.

Hyu Me’s eyebrow shot up. “brothers-in-law?”

Oops, Key realized he just said a piece of his thoughts out. He laughed and hid his embarrassment. “You see, I just noticed that we have the same surname. I’m KIM Kibum and you are KIM Hyu Me so… we are basically married now YOBEO!!!”

Hyu Me couldn’t help but laugh as she runs away from the so-called husband who was attempting to give her a hug.

“Haha stop it! First we’re bunnies and now we’re married? There’s definitely something wrong with you!” She ran around the table and back to her sitting place. Key pouted and dropped his arms at his sides which caused Hyu Me to smile.

                                                 

                                                 Fact Number 10:

Kim Hyu Me is drop dead beautiful when she smiles

-Kim Kibum’s mental note

 

Key smirked and faced the camera seriously, “Live from the Music couple’s dating area I, Key, announces that My Sweet Ordinary Girlfriend has come to an end.”

Everyone was stunned at what he said. Seeing their reactions, Key realized that their situation is a lot more serious than he expected. I’m just kidding people, I’m not letting go of Kim Hyu Me that easily. “Because… it will be replaced by WE GOT MARRIED featuring my wife here and meee!” He received a soft smack on his shoulder from a flustered Hyu Me. “You little Kid, just sit down and behave would you?”

“Now, should I introduce to you the rest of the SHINEE members?” He offered.

Hyu Me rolled her eyes, “That’s Taemin your maknae, Jonghyun your lead vocal, Onew your leader and Minho you rapper.”

“WOW! How did you know all of them?” Key asked in a fake surprised expression. How would Hyu Me not know when he has given her tons of videos about them?

“I-I think it’s just right for me to know where my boyfriend belongs,” Hyu Me answered while looking away. It was a hard thing to say especially since she means the four of them.

The almighty on the other hand didn’t notice what’s wrong. “Since you know tehm I’m telling you more about them. Are you ready? Well first of all Jonghyun hyung looks like a dinosaur. He has a very high pitch that can exceed a regular keyboard. Onew yongnam is a chicken maniac and a very clumsy person; he would trip on anywhere even on a flat road. Minho is the introvert aside from being the competitive sporty guy he is. He is also a nerd who loves books so much. Lastly this is our cute maknae who is also my son. He worships banana milk and dancing. He’s scary you know. I swear he was dancing in his sleep.”

Hyu Me nodded all throughout, laughing at some parts. “What about you oppa? Tell me about yourself.”

“About myself?” Key sat back and cocked his head to her direction. “Well first things first you should know… that I like you Kim Hyu Me.

You and your jokes oppa, she rolled her eyes. She expected this from him; what she didn’t expect is for her heart to give a little flip at his words and she actually felt embarrassed about it. “Stop kidding or else I’ll really believe it.” she warned.

“Whoever said I’m kidding?” Hyu Me received a serious response from Key. It was one of those rare moments where he’d look straight at her eyes and talk without any trace of joke. “As for the rest I guess you’ll just have to find out for the next days that we’ll be together. If you want to know me, we’ll have to be together for a very… very long time. Can you do that Kim Hyu Me?”

Hyu Me was about to bite her fingernails again. She always does this when she’s nervous; Key noticed this too and so he shifted his seat closer to her and took her hand. “Listen to me, I don’t know what’s going on and obviously nobody wants to tell me. All I know right now is… I don’t want to lose you. Call it corny and such but I’m being sincere here… Don’t give up on me Kim Hyu Me, please?”

She couldn’t reply but she did unknowingly squeeze his hand without ever leaving eye contact. I’ll take that as a yes, Key thought. “Beautiful lines right?” Key’s face broke into a smile again. “I watched that in a movie. Boy, was that scene painful!”

Hyu Me blinked her eyes several times and heaved a heavy breath. She was glad it just came from a movie because if it wasn’t, then what she just saw was Key’s real feeling…

if it wasn’t… then I’d be totally confused and conflicted right now.

 “What’s the title of the movie? Oh never mind, I bet I wouldn’t know it anyway. OKAY! Next group, oooh it’s CNBlue”

Key rested his head on his hand and slowly shook his head in a daze. Wasn’t it obvious where those lines came from? Isn’t it obvious?

Expected from the ever dense Kim Hyu Me

                              Fact number 11:

                                 Hyu Me is thick headed. If you want to tell her something than better say it straightforwardly or else you’d end up just staring at her in wonder.

I just wish she did get my message. Kim Hyu Me, I was serious, I am.

-          Kim Kibum’s mental note

 

---&---

 

“Good job Kim Hyu Me… err see you for the next filming?”

Hyu Me grimaced. “Director-nim? I’m sorry for being such a burden to you. I was such a brat; I even shouted at you even if I know it wasn’t your fault.”

Director patted her head. We have given her so many inconveniences, her bestfriend is hurt, and she’s having a hard time but here she is saying sorry to me. “You know, sometimes I wonder if you’re just really kind or are you just really this innocent.”

She scratched her head, not getting what the director is saying, “I think I’m just really stupid.”

The director chuckled and shooed her away. “I’ll see you then if we ever get good feedbacks from your video.” The director said and went to his computer.

“I doubt it,” Hyu me muttered. “Why would they listen to me in the first place?” She then took off deciding to see Yui immediately.

You doubt it? The director thought with wide eyes as he scrolls down the comments of the video. Only an hour has passed and yet the response is tremendous. Kim Hyu Me hasn’t realized how powerful her words can be… how powerful she can be.

Maybe we are just worrying too much, the director thought. Maybe there is still a chance for My Sweet ordinary Girlfriend.

 

---&---


CDs… albums… posters… darn it! Yui slumped on the dirty floor. Ever since the ‘fan riot’ started, the manager of the music store decided to assign her in the inventory where she has to count and record every single CD in the damp unairconditioned place.

She was sweating profusely. What’s worse is, whenever a sweat trickles down the scars on her face would hurt. “Aish!” She wiped the naughty droplet that ran on her cheek.

“Need help?” She looked up and finds her nightmare’s head popping from the door.

“Sure why don’t you count all of these!” She half-shrieked and kicked the albums away.

“Okay,” her nightmare went in, dropped to the ground and sat in front of her.

“What are you looking at?” Yui growled like a feline ready to scratch.

“Well first things first we need to put these on you.” The other opened both of her hands; exposing colorful band aids.

Yui couldn’t take it anymore; she slapped the girl’s hand away and stood up. “DO YOU HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO OTHER THAN ANNOY ME KIM HYU ME!!”

Hyu Me winced at Yui’s voice. She can only stare at the band aids spread on the floor as she rubbed her left hand that has received the impact. Yui saw this and she smirked, “what did my slap hurt?”

No reply

She slapped Hyu Me’s shoulder harder this time “DID THAT HURT?!!”

“A-ani!” Hyu Me looked up to her friend, fervently shaking her head. “It’s nothing compared to what you have experienced. I’m really sorry Yui… cheongmal mhiane…”

Suddenly Yui grabbed the collars of her shirt. Hyu Me gasped with the sudden pull. She went on her knees to avoid being choked. “Sorry? Would that stop people from hurting me? HUH?”

“I’m, working on it Yui. They’ll leave you alone. I’m doing what I can do.” Hyu Me explains her voice just above a whisper.

She’s working on it? Yui was surprised, is Hyu Me leaving the show? The thought made her happy, dreadfully happy. Yui neared her face to her ex-bestfriend and examined those innocent eyes she always hated. “Does this mean you are willing to give up the show… give up Key?”

Hyu Me swallowed hard and looked away. She remembered Key’s eyes when he said those lines to her. Don’t give up on me Kim Hyu Me, please? Although it made her hesitate she still said the words Yui has been waiting for so long. “If that’s what it takes then I will.”

Yui smiled and threw Hyu Me back on the floor. The latter breathed rapidly as she half-wonders if this was still the friend she knew. That’s horrible! She scolded herself, how can she think that way when Yui became like this because of her in the first place! This is entirely my fault. “L-let me put the band aids on you, their hurting your face.”

Yui crossed her arms; just the sight of her really makes her angry. She was quite sure that if Chun Yo didn’t ask her to be Hyu Me’s friend few months ago then she would never be stuck with this person here right now. “You care so much about me don’t you?” Yui asked as she narrows her eyes.

“Of course, you are my bestfriend.” The sincerity of her words never reached the other girl. Instead Yui finds herself disgusted.

Tsk yeah right. She smirked, “well then stand up and do your work bestfriend.” She made emphasis on the last word and made sure to make it sound sarcastic.

At once the red-haired girl scrambles to the floor. She quickly follows Yui’s order like a dog pathetically lulling to its master.

I’ll put up with you for now after all you did quit the show, Yui thought.

 

---&---

Kim Hyu Me’s point of view

 

I sighed.

Well at least she’s talking to me now. I’d probably mark this day in my calendar because aside from taking a step in repairing our friendship, today I have seen another side of Aisaka Yui.

Now I know how deep her feelings are for Key. I have never seen her that angry. If I didn’t know her I’d probably say she’s almost obsessed with Key. But I know I have no right to think that way. She must’ve put up with me far too long that now she exploded; besides, I’m also the friend that all of a sudden became the girlfriend of her ultimate crush.

I think it had hit her hard. And probably the fact that I didn’t tell her right when the filming started worsens it. The truth is, I was lost in the beginning; because of my stupidity I signed the contract without reading it and suddenly it all became so confusing. I didn’t know my priorities, the precautions needed and the right things to do… like telling Yui what’s going on.

This is all my fault.

How could I be so insensitive? I sniffed as I touched my hand and shoulders where Yui slapped me then to the back of my neck where it sores when she pulled my collars. It doesn’t hurt anymore but I couldn’t help but be sad and hurt whenever I remember how she treated me. I KNOW I deserve this; in fact I even hurt myself at most times but now I realize that it’s 10 times more painful when it came from a person you care for.

Huh? Before I realized, I was already in front of a door. I looked up and found the familiar plate.

Room 202

I shook my head and pulled myself together. I have no time to feel sorry for myself. After all, it was just a taste of what she has gone through. Again… this is my fault.

“Annyeong appa!” I hugged the motionless figure as I seek for comfort. I closed my eyes and imagined that he greet me and hug me back.

I have been imagining that for two and a half years.

“Can I go to the other room appa? I‘ll just say hi to Jihun. I promise not to stay long.” I heard the beating of my father’s heart and I nodded, “I’ll take that as a yes.”

I went to room 203 and knocked at the door. I opened it a little and poked my head. I found Jihun sitting at her wheelchair while poking the wilted flowers on her bedside table. “Who’s there?” she asked without turning her head.

I tiptoed towards her and hugged her from behind. “Hyu Me?” She said. Hmm that’s weird, is it just me or did she panicked just now?

“How did you know it’s me?” I asked in a singsong tone.

Jihun giggled, “because it suddenly smells bad~~haha”

What she said caused me to smile. Who would’ve known that even that lousy joke of hers can comfort me at once. Expected from her, “Oh yeah, well then take this!” I went in front of her and poked her sides. She laughed, “Stop tickling me!”

“Then stop me!” I said as I kept tickling her.

 “How can I when you are behind me?” she whined. I stopped and crossed my arms, here she goes again with her tricky games. “I’m in front of you Jihun. Aigoo you blind girl!”

I felt her froze at my joke; her face was suddenly expressionless and her eyes were staring past me. It was really weird, I immediately felt anxious. “J-jihun?”

She then smirked, “do I look like a blind person now?”

Aishh this girl, I gently pinched her cheeks, “Veery convincing; now stop doing that or else you’ll really end up blind!”

She shook her head and pumped her fist, “I really am a good actress,” she reached out carelessly and touched my face; hitting my nose, mouth and eyes along the way. I rolled my eyes. Her acting is unbelievably good. “Since I am a blind woman today, are you happy today Kim Hyu Me?”

I’m not… but I’ll be okay… I hope so. “Oh yes I am!” I told her in an exhilarating manner. I hope she doesn’t see the lie right through my eyes. No worries, she can’t see me anyway, she’s so busy with her acting.

Tears started to flow down on her face. I withdrew my hands immediately. “Whoa, did I pinch you too hard?”

“Ani I’m just happy that you are happy.” She harshly rubbed her eyes and went on crying again. “If only I can see you, come here. Give this blind person a big fat hug!”

I obliged to the weirdo’s request. I’m really lucky to meet her.

My whole week was focused to my father, Jihun and Yui. I couldn’t work at the restaurant nor to the acoustic bar since Soolpik ajhussi said that people have been quite aggressive in looking for me.

My daily routine starts by helping Yui on her work and tending to her wounds and needs. And then at night Chun Yo accompanies me on taking Yui home. I then go back to the hospital around 10 in the evening so that fewer people are around. Jihun’s mother is a night-shifter so I accompany Jihun instead. She is getting weirder and weirder lately. She’s so into her acting. First she is blind, then she says she’s mad at me so she won’t look at me, then she’d say she made friends with the floor and would only talk to it and then most of the times she’d cry and say silly things. I really don’t get her but since she says she enjoys doing it so I just let her go.

Days have passed like this. SHINEE is probably busy because Taemin hasn’t visited in a awhie. Minho, Onew and Jonghyun oppas haven’t contacted me and there is no schedule for Key and me to meet. My days felt like it was in slow motion. Everything seems so… I don’t know… dull? I guess it’s normal to feel this way. After all My Sweet Ordinary Girlfriend is a wild world anyway.

Sixth day came. My nerves were tingling with nothing to do. I look around my shabby house, rolled on my mattress, and checked my phone and… “AAAH! I can’t take it anymore!” I said out loud. I dressed and decided to work at the restaurant. It’ll be okay, it’s still six in the morning. There would probably be 3 to 5 people around.

Guess what, I was wrong.

Right when I opened the door, I found 45-50 people occupying the seats. All heads turned to me when I entered. Their eyes lit up like they just found their meal. “Oh man…” I backed off towards the door ready to escape.

“Unnie!” I stopped when I heard that. I really have a weakness on younger girls calling me this and I really don’t know why. Man, I didn’t want to face these people. They are the ones who hurt Yui but there are also the ones who received my harsh message. So what am I suppose to feel? Anger or guilt?

I slowly faced them. I stood up on a chair nearby and spoke before they can even do so. “HOLD IT! I’m talking first! Listen because I’m just going to say this once. Look, I’m sorry for being rude at the video. People, I was mad and desperate; I didn’t know what to do. Please… please don’t hurt Yui, just throw the eggs at me, I can manage that. Just don’t take eggs from the restaurant and make sure you don’t stain this place or Soolpik ajhussi will kill me, like literally!” I reviewed every word I said and then blushed at once. This is what I get, I really in public talk. “I-I sound crazy don’t I?” I stared at them sheepishly.

I was surprised that I was awarded with gentle smiles instead of smirks and such.

“This is why we really like you. You’re humorous even if you don’t intend to be one.” One of them said and everyone nodded.

“You don’t need to say sorry, it’s our fault.”

“Yep we were very rude! But you know that’s how we are here in Korea. We tend to be overprotective with what we care for.”

“I guess we were blinded, you should’ve seen your friend’s video, it was annoying! You’d hate Yui if you didn’t know her.”

“We saw the pictures of Key oppa feeding her. And somehow it seems like you were sad or something so I guess that triggered us too.”

“Hmm, I didn’t scratched her okay? I’m innocent! Keke…”

“We’re not doing that again Hyu Me-ssi, man it was a waste of time.”

I stood there gaping at them and not believing what I am seeing and most importantly, hearing. Relief flooded my chest. Does this mean they really are going to stop? I feel so happy I can just cry!

“Hyu Me-ssi, gwenchana?” One of them asked with a worried face.

“I-I didn’t expect it would be this easy. I should’ve just talk to you or something.” I sniffed and held back my tears like a little child. “But I was thinking you wouldn’t listen to me I’m just a nobody-”

“A nobody?” Another girl cut me off. “Tsk, ever wonder why these fifty people watch the show?”

“Because of SHINEE,” I mumbled.

She shook her head, “Shinee’s hot and all but aside from SHAWOLS, there are also people who are big fans of SHINEE’s girlfriend.”

I frowned not getting it. My face must have said it because suddenly they give out small chuckles, “Kim Hyu Me we are your fans, not SHINEE’s. We are your overly protective supporters. And because we are, we have hurt your friend and especially your feelings and so we are here to say… sorry.”

All fifty people bowed down to me. I felt flustered at the scene and of all that they have said. I don’t deserve this; I haven’t done anything good to be treated like this. “Stand up! Stop that! Aish… this is so wrong! I should be thanking you guys instead. I understand why you guys did that now. Thank you for clearing everything. I’ll explain it to Yui at once. Please stop bowing,” despite of being shy I have to admit that I was touched. I was so lost for these past few days; I didn’t know that talking to these people was all I needed. When they didn’t stood straight I threw my hands, exasperated, “Oh good Lord, just throw the eggs at me, I’d prefer that. I seriously don’t deserve this kindness.”

“Unnie,” I looked down and found a little girl offering me a scrambled egg. I laughed and was about to pat her head. That’s when I noticed she was wearing a pink headband with bunny ears.

“I like your headband,” I gasped at clamped my mouth. Did I just say that out loud?

“You miss Key oppa don’t you?”

“KYAAAH!” My blushing face caused fifty people to cheer and tease me throughout the whole morning.

I didn’t mind, I was too occupied with my thoughts.

I’m staying… I don’t have to give him up… I realized. I had this jittery feeling in my stomach. Does this mean I’m happy?

Yes, I definitely am…

I can finally see you again blond haired bunny…

---&---

 

“Bring these there and those at that side.”

I wiped my sweat and heaved twenty albums at once and put them where Yui instructed. I turned around and smiled at her when I was done. “Yui the scars are almost gone, you’re healing!” I chirped happily.

She nodded boringly and checked her watch, “it’s 8 pm, and I’m going home.”

“Chun Yo can’t come with us tonight.” I grabbed my bag and followed her. Finally I can tell her the good news. “Hey listen, this morning---”

RRRRIIING!

I grabbed my phone and answered it, “Yoboseyo?”

“Yobeooo~~~ <3!” A low voice greeted me happily. I smiled, not expecting this call from him. “What can I do for you?” I hope my voice was plain enough to hide how happy I am to hear his voice.

“Did you get the schedule for our next date?” He asked me.

“Yeah, what about it?”

There was a long silence before he responded, “Will… will… I’ll see you there?” There was a hint of nervousness in his voice.

I smirked and let the tension hang for a moment and then, “Stop saying yobeo, and I’ll think about it.”

I heard him jump around. “Thank goodness, I thought I’ll never see you again!”

SMACK!

Suddenly my handphone went flying to the ground. The battery went out, cutting Key’s call. It happened so fast, it took me another second to understand what just happened. I found Yui with wide flaming eyes in front of me, “YOU WERE TALKING WITH KEY OPPA, WEREN’T YOU?”

“We were just talking about the next schedule, nothing else!” I explained with a quivering voice.

“I THOUGHT YOU QUIT THE SHOW!” Yui shrieked. “Even with all I’ve been through…y-you can still… go out with oppa!”

“You won’t get hurt Yui, people visited me in the restaurant. They promised not to hurt you any—ah!” I winced when she held both of my arms; her fingernails digging into my skin.

“And you actually believed them? They just want you back with Key for them to be entertained again!” Upon saying that name Yui’s face contorted with rage. “Tell me Hyu Me, do you have feelings for him?”

“No, of course not!” I responded at once even if I couldn’t assess if it was true or not. “We’re just friends… you know I’m doing this for my father and--”

“STOP USING YOU FATHER! I KNOW YOU KIM HYU ME! You are not a money ; you are Miss goody-good. You stop when you know it is wrong. Just friends? Then how come you have the guts to choose him over me? I thought we are bestfriends?” She spat and pushed me so hard, I ended up sitting on the rough ground.

“I’m not choosing you over him!” I exclaimed. “Yui-ah, please understand. The hospital has been pressuring me. I wouldn’t know where to put my father if they’d kick me out. I-I’m not in l-love with Key, we’re just friends and those people promised not to hurt you anymore, I don’t see any problem!”

“I told you… what your fans said were not true! THEY ARE AMNIPULATING YOU, THEY’LL STILL HURT ME! I BET THEY ARE JUST PLANNING ON SOMETHING BIG! WHY CAN’T YOU UNDERSTAND? Do you really need to see me in pain again before I convince you?” Yui ran away sobbing.

I let her go. I curled up into a ball, not knowing what to do. Better stay here on the ground and rot! I’m so tired with this. Whenever I do something, I end up hurting other people.

This is all my fault… right?

 

Three days have passed and Yui never appeared at the music store again. I was dead worried and so I decided to visit her house even if I am so scared at what her parents would say to me. I found Mrs. Aisaka on the bench outside her house. She heard me coming and so she looks up. I stepped back in surprised.

 She was crying.

“Yui is gone! She hasn’t returned for almost three days. Are you happy now Hyu Me? Are you? This is your entire fault!”

That’s it. I dropped to the ground and wept.

 

Humans like me should never exist…

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

 

 

Taeminniefan: How about that? No ‘end’ at all Lol XD, I really laugh whenever you comment! I like them Thanks!

 

Okay so everything just got serious again right? Jihun’s getting worse, yui is gone, key doesn’t know anything… and the ever thick headed and dense Hyu me’s got a fan club! XD (I’m happy for my own character! lol)

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT:

Uhm I might be gone for the next few weeks people cause you see… finals are coming up and… and… I still have bad grades sooo I have to catch up  *grabs Taemin who looks up with big begging eyes*  I hope you’d understand. Don’t worry, I’m not giving up with this story… there’s still lots of things to surprise you (evil laugh!)

Thank you again readers, I really and sincerely appreciate it everytime you read...

 

Till the day I’ll write again, paalam! Mwah!