Chapter4 - Being friends with Bling Bling

Shinee's no Ordinary Date

Jonghyun-shinee-15608016-1024-768.jpg  

(I was...am...and will forever be amazed with his voice)

 

“Good morning Brothers!” Key said to his sleeping members. He was dreamily lurking around the kitchen with his pink bear pajamas, looking for something to eat.

Moments later a haggard-looking Onew who just woken up with a bad hair day entered their kitchen too. He found Key eating his nuggets…His own chicken nuggets! “Yah! Kim Ki Bum! You’re messing with my chickens!” He thought he would have his first wrestling match for the day but Key just dropped and smiled dreamily at him. “Sorry hyung.”

Key crossed the kitchen leaving mystified Onew. He met Taemin in the living room, “Good morning our cute Maknae!”

Goosebumps rise up to Taemin’s spine,”hyung! That’s so weird coming from you in an early morning! Only noona fans say that!” He said with wide cute eyes.

Key ignored him; he went inside his room and took out Miss headphones’ slam book.

Kim Hyu Me...That’s her name. Key smiled and read the whole information she wrote last night. She’s two years younger than he is and she’s a half Korean and half American. Whoa, I’m dating a foreigner…well half foreigner I guess; Key thought and went on reading. Her favorite color is red and she loves kimchi…

When he almost finished everything a note slipped between the pages. He took it and was surprised to see it was from Kim Hyu Me:

Dear whoever you are,

I’m currently writing this in the Kareoke room, waiting nervously for you. Where are you? You’re late! The cameras are filming my pale face and lights are all focused on me. I hope they won’t see how scared I am right now. I’m writing this to take away some nerves and maybe when I feel comfortable to you…maybe I’ll give this to you.

So, you’re going to be my boyfriend, huh? I heard you’re a celebrity? Are you famous? I’m sorry but I don’t know any new idols. This would be my first date too so forgive me if I’m boring.

I’m not cute and girly anyway so I think you won’t like me. In fact, I have NO idea why they chose me for this job.

We’re two people thrown in a reality show, for any normal girl, meeting someone famous like you is really an honor. But I don’t know you so you can expect that I’ll treat you like any other person. J

Always remember that whatever I do, I do them sincerely. Let’s get along well.

Oh, and be fast, PALI!

Kim Hyu Me…you keep on surprising me. I can’t wait to meet you again miss Headphones

---&---

 

Kim Hyu Me's point of view

 

“Have you heard of the trending topic today?” Yui asked me across the counter while I drank water. We are both in the quiet music store relaxing. “It’s says here that Shinee Key was found with some girl at a gift shop…-hey! Hyu Me! Are you okay?”

I was terribly coughing from getting choked of my water. “I’m fine. What do you think about it?” I was worried Yui would hate it, that she would hate the girl who was secretly me.

She shrugged, “Rumours said, it’s for a new show!” She smiled showing her teeth, “I can’t wait seeing Key oppa in TV again! Oh boy, I’m so jealous of the girl!”

Phew! That’s a good thing.“Hey Yui, teach me about everything you know about Key.”

“Okay, but I thought you’re going somewhere?”

“It’s okay, I still have one hour anyway.” Before I meet him again

---&---

 

After one hour…

“Anyeong Hosaeyo…” I greeted the directors and staffs when I arrived. They cheerfully greeted me back. “What you’re wearing is too simple.” The director said as he tapped his chin. I was about to apologize but he then added, “It’s perfect! I know I can count on you. Somebody put some powder on this girl’s face!”

I look at myself; White shirt and black skinny jeans. Not too perfect when you meet a celebrity but what can I do?  These are the only things that I have. The make up artist powdered me up. “Thank you unnie,”

She smiled, “I love people who are this polite. Goodluck for today Hyu Me, You’ll do great, FIGHTING!”

She left me after that. The staffs are still preparing for the set; which was on a big ferris wheel. Since I don’t have anything to do, I decided to meet Key before we shoot. I went to a tent and peeked. I was shock when Key wasn’t there…

Instead…another person, a very familiar face, Jonghyun!

I remember Yui told me he is the lead vocals of the SHINEE group. Seeing him in person is way better than seeing him in a poster in Yui’s music store. He was quietly texting inside. What is he doing here? I felt hands pull me away from the tent; I turned around and saw it was unnie the make up artist. “You can’t be sneaking on your second boyfriend!”

“MY...WHAT???” I exclaimed, what on earth does this mean? I ran to the director, “Second boyfriend? What does this mean?” I said to him, panicking.

“I heard from Mr Won Bin that you haven’t been listening to him during contract signing.” The director said. “Here, read this” He gave me a small booklet. I sat on a chair and read it.

“I’m doomed.” I said when I was finished. “Four boys? I’m dating four boys and they’re not suppose to know that they’re dating only one person?...That they’re dating me?” I couldn’t move, I was too shock, how can I miss the whole concept of the show? It was because of the amount offered to me. Yes, because my dad needed this. I closed my eyes. Someone offered me a bottle of water but I rejected it.

I wasn’t thirsty, I was guilty! How can I do this to four boys? “Are they all from Shinee?” I asked them.

I felt like crying when the director nodded his head. I covered my face and breathed evenly as I try to calm myself. This is just a show; I should never forget that. I can do this, for my dad.

“We’re about to film Hyu Me, you better enter the ferris wheel now.” I heard one of the camera man say. I took one lungful breathe before I entered one of the balloon shaped rooms of the ferris wheel. Cameras were recording from every corner of the compartment.

I am about to meet Jonghyun now. This is pure torture for him, I know it is, Jonghyun is in love with Se Kyung-shii. I know I can’t do anything but I have to at least make him feel a little better.

And I know just what to do…

 

Jonghyun’s point of view

 

“Kansahamnida everyone!” I told the crews. It was 7:00 pm when we ended our shooting. I gave one more bow before I went back to the tent. I stopped on my tracks when I saw Hyu Me sitting on my chair. “Can I talk to you for a bit?” She said to me.

“The cameras are gone Hyu Me.” I told her. What does she expect? That we’ll be real couples?

“Exactly. I just want to tell you something.” She stood up and started to walk. I gave a small sigh and just followed her. “Not bad for our first day, right?” She said when she noticed me catching up with her.

“I bet the audience will love it.” I muttered.

Hyu Me gave out a small smile. “You don’t like me.” I was about to protest when she said that but then she added, “I understand.”

This girl is very mysterious, I thought to myself. Walking with her made me recall our whole date just awhile ago…

---&---

I entered the balloon compartment of the ferris wheel. I acted excited and I was blurting any jokes I can think of just to make the show bright and happy. I checked myself in the cameras and wave my hand at it too. The wheel started spinning. “Wohoo” I exclaimed and it was half true, because even if I didn’t like this show, I am still a bit nervous to meet this ordinary girl. The staff gave me small hints of who she is. They said she is simply pretty and unique. She’s also not the cute type too.

I noticed my compartment was almost in the middle of the whole circle. The director said I should look at the opposite compartment when I am in the 9:00 part of the circle already; and so I did. The first balloon was empty. The second was empty too, the third came and I immediately reach out for the small window and look at the girl who has her eyes closed while her small head was slowly nodding as she went on with every beat of the music. I noticed she’s wearing small earphones.

The hints that the staffs gave me are all true and correct.

It’s show time…

The wheels stopped and I entered her compartment. I acted funny, friendly and a bit sweet. I was glad she wasn’t a hard girl to get-along with. With chatted inside the compartment with no awkwardness at all. She told me she has only small idea of SHINEE but she would be glad to know more.

“But of course we have to be careful. My other members aren’t supposed to know that we’re dating right?” I reminded her. She nodded at me.

After that, she went to a store to buy snacks for us. “People will go crazy if they’ll see you.” She added. I can’t help but notice how good she is at playing her role. She’s not the wild fan type and she’s not the quiet type either. It can get a lot of attention to the TV watchers.

We went to a beautiful river after that. We chatted, ate and laughed the whole time. When it was nearly dark already, we shot pictures together and said our goodbyes.

Before I know it, the director shouted CUT. And know, here I am walking with her again.

“What do you understand?” I asked curiously.

She pointed a dark path, “I walk this path whenever I go home. One night, I heard two people talking here. The guy was asking for a second chance to the girl. But she said they're done since both of them are too busy, they don't have time for each other anymore. The girl's name was Shin Se Kyung and the guy was...”

 "The guy was me..." I said, remembering the night Se Kyung and I was here. I backed away from Hyu Me. "What are you, a stalker or something?" I was suddenly angry, very angry. "That was my private life. You said you don't know about SHINEE during the taping but now you're saying that you've been following me before we met. You're not just a stalker, you're also a liar! What are you gonna do next? tell the whole world so netizens and anti-fans can insult me?"

"NO!" She yelled. She was afraid of me, I can see that but at the same time I can see her disappointment at me, "Why would I do that to you? I don't even know you. I was just at the right place but at the wrong time."

The wind suddenly became colder. I felt sorry for acting the wrong way. She avoids my eyes when I tried to look at her.

"I think, I-it's wrong to give up on Se Kyung-shi just because you're fakely t-tied to me. We'll act as cute couples in TV, I promise I'll be good. And I won't tell anyone that you're asking her out again." She stepped closer to me and smiled painfully, "I am your virtual girlfriend and that's that. Behind the cameras, you can still have your real love. I can even help you if you want."

"I'm sorry for what I said just now." I felt like a complete idiot for hurting here. My virtual girlfriend's encouraging me to seek out Se Kyung and then I go on saying trashy things at her. I can see behind her smile that my painful words did affect her. I felt awful for myself.

She turned around and started to walk, "For the next meeting, give me a proposal. Tell me that we should stay friends first until we're ready. In that way, you'll be comfortable. I know it to be sweet to someone you don't like. Bye!" She said without even turning back.

"You're a kind person Hyu Me" I called out.

"No I'm not!" SHe said.

"You are right, I'm a liar! I'm a cruel person Jonghyun" She turned around with a fake smile.

Now it's confirmed, I thought.

I'M A TERRIBLE PERSON.

 

END! thank you for reading, (if there is anyone reading lol). :)