Chapter 5- Flaming Charisma as my boyfriend? More like my Enemy!

Shinee's no Ordinary Date

 

Choi_Minho_SHINee__06042010192017.jpg

(so cute!...)

 

Kim Hyu Me’s point of view

 

“Chun Yo, I’ll have to go now.” It was my day off but I decided to help in the restaurant since I have nothing else to do anyway. I put away my apron and went to the kitchen. Chun Yo was there, slicing onions.

“Be careful kid, it is still an early evening but earth is a dangerous place.” He sounded so old my nose crinkled.

“Yes appa,” I said with sarcasm in my voice. I looked at my watch and know I was running late for the next taping. I felt my stomach tightened into knots. Who would it be this time? Taemin? Onew? Choi Minho? I hope it’s not Minho, remembering what happened when we first met still makes me angry.

 I don’t want to go; the last time I dated didn’t go pretty well, my mind thought.I wasn’t mad at Jonghyun when he said those words to me but I did feel sad and disturbed, he made me realize that I was a liar. Not just to one person but to 4 famous celebrities! Guilt is going to eat me whole… “Waaaah! I’m such a terrible person” I shouted, I can’t keep it to myself, I’ll go crazy.

Chun Yo stopped slicing, his left eyebrow shot up, “And what makes you say that?”

“I-I’m lying to people right now.” I can’t say everything and I know Chun Yo understands that.

“And why are you lying?” He asked me softly.

“Because people in charge say so,” I mumbled.

He shrugged, “Then it’s their fault, that simple Hyu Me.”

“You have a point, but I did agree to them.” I countered. He looked at me and smiled, “We’ve been working together for 2 years kid, I know you too well. If you’re lying, then there’s a good reason for that.” I frowned, a good reason? Oh yes I do have one, this is all for my father. If I keep on thinking on him, then I can do this job.

I went closer to Chun Yo, I put my hand lightly on his arm, a grateful gesture. “I’m lucky to have a friend like you.” I ran outside after that, I have to really hurry…

I’m late for my next date.

---&---

 

“WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? YOU ALMOST DESTROYED OUR SCHEDULE!!!” The director scolded me just when I reached the place. I had to bow my head a hundred times and say mhiane for a thousand times before he let me go and give me to the makeup artist. When she was done with me she led me to a beautiful park where a 200-step marble staircase can be found. It was a bit crowded and most of them are girls. I suddenly felt nervous. What if all of them are SHINEE fans? I’ll sure be doomed!

“Hyu Me, here are your instructions.” I breathed deeply and listened to one of the staffs. “Those girls are today’s extras, there are 49 of them, you’re the fiftieth. 25 of them will line up to the right of the staircase and 24, including you, will be on the left. We will give your date a puzzle to solve. He’ll just have to find you through that puzzle.”

“But won’t that take a long time to shoot? I mean, I look too ordinary, how will he find me?” I asked. I wanted to finish this fast.

The man who explained to me laughed, “too ordinary? You have to look at yourself again Kim Hyu Me.”

“We’re starting, everybody to their positions already!” The director shouted. I meekly went to my position. I was on the twenty-fifth step and on the left side. Just like what the man said. We waited for almost five minutes in the quiet park before a man came. He’s very tall and has a lean body. He is elegant to see with his polo shirt and pants. His eyes widen when he saw fifty girls.

All of the girls in line squirmed or went beet red or both; except for me. Indeed fate is cruel, of all the SHINEE boys; it has to be him…

Choi Minho.

 

Minho’s point of view

 

My forehead creased as I tried to understand the message written on the card:

 

MY SWEET ORDINARY GIRLFRIEND

 

Meeting her will be an easy task,

Even if you’ll have to choose around fifty people, you’ll be fast

Among the roses, those thorny red flowers

She is the yellow and bright sunflower

Instead of black like others has

 She has two greens you’ll see even with a mask

When water is blessed with color blue

Hers is a flowing dark red like blood, indeed a unique hue

Unlike the roses who scream for light

This sunflower doesn’t scream for the SHINing sunlight

And when you pass those roses will fall

This sunflower will still stand tall.

 

Roses, sunflower, blood, water…what the heck is this all about? I sighed and turned to the cameras, “Can I just see her now? You’re making this hard for the two of us.”

The camera men chuckled; they led me to the center of the park. My mouth dropped when I saw fifty women staring back at me. “I-I have to guess which one of them is my girlfriend? But they’re so many of them!” I protested. This is a very weird show. The staff didn’t reply, I sighed and started stepping up to the first marble stone. Girls react whenever I look at them, I feel shy and a bit irritated when they do that. I went on and on looking from left to right. I smile back at them and look down when they squirm. One just grabs for me and hugged me tight! I’m so tired of this…

I reached the twenty-sixth step and crossed my arm. I looked at each one of them and I noticed the girl on the twenty-fifth step from the left was avoiding my eyes. I went down a step and faced her. “Look at me,” I softly ordered. When she did, at once I recognized her, “you! Waitress girl! What are you doing here?”

She didn’t reply but she did shot dagger looks at me with her green eyes. Green eyes…

Suddenly the whole puzzle makes sense to me. “The bright sunflower means you’re complexion which is whiter than the other girls here. Unlike other people’s eyes here in Korea, you have green eyes…and your hair is the flowing dark red…the other girls saw me and they scream but you didn’t. The shining light meant SHINEE…and when all the roses fell, the sunflower still stood tall, you’re the only girl who didn’t react when I looked at you!” I was proud of myself since I was able to solve the puzzle but at the same time, this only means that I’m dating her, the annoying Miss Waitress.

I crossed my arms and look down at her, “This only means you’re my girlfriend now.” This will be fun, I’ll make our dating days hard for her, I promise!

We were staring intensely at each other when suddenly the girls sang a congratulation song to us. I wasn’t listening to them. I was gathering my thoughts, thinking hard on how to play this show with Miss Waitress. I can stand to be all sweet to her but my first impression on her wouldn’t be forgotten by the viewers, if I’ll act like the bad boy, fans will be discouraged.

Before I can even come up with a final decision, Miss Waitress did something really stupid…she yelled. “I’M NOT DATING HIM!” The girls went dead silent. She ruined the show! That’s it, I don’t care! I’m going to do whatever I want to do with her… with or without the cameras.

­---&---

 

Kim Hyu Me’s point of view

I went down the staircase. I was expecting that cameras would stop filming but they didn’t. When I was on the ground, strong hand grabbed my arm. I knew it was Minho, “Let go of me!”

“What is your problem?” He exclaimed. “Shouldn’t I be the one not wanting you for embarrassing me at that restaurant?”

I was outraged at what he said, “Excuse me? You boastfully ordered for the most expensive dish and then left me without paying up!”

“I said I would cancel that order remember?” he fired back with a bigger voice this time.

“Well you should’ve cancelled it when it WASN’T READY YET! FOR YOUR INFORMATION I PAID YOUR ORDER AND I WASN’T EVEN ALLOWED TO EAT IT!” I said with much bigger voice.

“WELL THAT’S NOT MY PROBLEM ANYMORE! I WAS CALLED BY MY MANAGER THAT TIME AND I NEEDED TO GO!”

“LIKE I CARE!”

“ENOOUUUGHHH!!!” We both jumped in surprise when the director shouted. I looked at the cameras and figured they were still rolling. This is still part of the show. For the sake of entertainment… ugh, it makes me sick. “The both of you will settle this right now!”

“I’m not dating him if he’s not paying at the restaurant.” I said stubbornly and then crossed my arms.

Minho smirked, “Let’s make a bet then.” He pointed at the stairs, “Let’s have a race; the first person who reaches the top will win. If you win, I’ll pay you; if I win, you’ll have to follow one order of mine.”

I am not good in running, but my pride can’t take it if I just say no. “Deal.”

He smiled; he leaned so close to me and whispered “I’m a good runner Miss Waitress, better watch out.” I pushed him away and glared at him.

We positioned ourselves at the bottom of the stairs. Minho counted to three and…OFF WE GO!

I did my best. I ran and ran even if my lungs was tightening. I ran and ran even if my legs ached; I ran and ran till beads of sweat were pouring down my face. I ran and ran…but

I lost…

”Wohoo!” I heard him shout victoriously. I sat at the foot of the stairs and pouted. I felt an arm around my shoulders, Minho’s hand. I slapped it away, “Tell me your wish.”

“hehehe” He laughed mischievously. “We’re dating right? We should have nicknames for each other. I know you’re younger than me so…” He sat beside me and then said, “from now on, you’ll be calling me oppa.”

“WHAT???” I said out loud. “No way, no way!” I covered my face as he went on making fun of me.

“Say it! We made a deal” He whined, I ignored him

“Say it or I’ll put my arms around you,” I ignored him, seconds later I felt his arm around me. I felt my cheeks burning.

“Say it or I’ll kiss you.” He warned, at once my lips formed what he wished, ‘Oppa don’t do this to me!”

We didn’t move after that, we just stared at each other. My face felt hot and I’m sure I was blushing from embarrassment. When Minho took control of himself he started laughing so hard.

 

Minho’s point of view

 

I really didn’t want to be part in this show, but I’m telling you, bullying Miss Waitress is really fun. I couldn’t stop laughing since that moment keeps on repeating in my mind. She looked so embarrassed.

“Let’s make another bet,” She announced.

“Okay, what kind of bet?” I’m confident that I would win on anything.

“Let’s play basketball; the first person to score two points will win.” She said, looking very determined. “We’ll have the same conditions in winning.”

I flexed my muscles and stretched my arms, “Deal.” I started to stand up but Miss Waitress suddenly grabs the collar of my polo and made me sit again, she neared her face to me and whispered just like what I did before. “I’m a good basketball player Mister Minho, better watch out.” She stood up after that and walked down the stairs.

I couldn’t help but grin, I don’t like her but I have to admit…she’s a cool girl. I caught up with her and together we went to the basketball area of the park. The propsmen gave us the ball; I caught it then dribbled it. I was trying to intimidate her but she didn’t budge, instead she smirked like I’m an easy person to lose. “Here I go,” I said and advanced to her, I dribbled along the way and when I was near to the net I jumped and then…the ball was no longer in my hand.

Miss Waitress already stole it from me. Angry, I balanced myself to the ground and ran to her. She may not be fast but she has a strong agility; she can escape me easily. She went to the 3-point area and shoot the ball.

It didn’t miss…

“That’s a three point shot! I win! Wohoooo!” I closed my ears but I can still her victorious cheers. I’m good in basketball, but she’s better…and she’s a woman!

“Oppa, we better pay up to the restaurant now!” She said, mocking me with the word oppa. She was still cheering but I grabbed her and then called for a taxi. The taxi rode all the way to the restaurant while we, the passengers, never stopped fighting each other.

When we went inside, the manager greeted me very courteously. I paid the meal forcefully to the manager as Miss Waitress went on teasing me. “You don’t have to pay sir,” said the manager.

“NO WAY!” Miss Waitress protested, “You’re going to add that money to my salary ajhussi, I don’t have salary deductions anymore.”

“Why don’t you just fire her?” I blurted out, “She’s not even respectful to you.”

Surprisingly, the manager shook his head vigorously, like that was not an idea to consider at all. “She’s a good worker and she needs money for her sick dad---”

“Ahjussi that’s enough.” The manager bit his lip, “I shouldn’t’ have said that, mhiane Hyu Me.”

I turned my attention to Miss Waitress---to Hyu Me. She was dead serious when the manager said the word dad. That moment, I wasn’t looking at the girl I was making fun of awhile ago, it was the true girl buried deep inside Hyu Me. The troubled one…the one who has seen life’s cruelty.

We quietly went outside the restaurant. The cameras were still following us, but it didn’t matter, I am curious with Hyu Me.

“Don’t change your treatment to me just because you knew I have a sick father.” She said a serious tone. She looked up to me and green eyes bore right through mine. “I hate being pitied at.”

I smirked at her, “I still think you’re annoying.” I’ll forget this moment. After all, this is just a television show. She’s just one of the pieces in this business.

She looked satisfied after I said that, “Thanks for the date, I hope I won’t see you again.”

It’s funny how we dislike each other so much even before all this show began. “Too bad that ain’t happening Hyu Me. Bye” I said knowing it’s time to get serious again.

The director shouted CUT, and the day finally ended.

 

End! Once again, thanks for the first ever person to comment on my story :) Good morning! it's 1:50 am in the morning waah! I hope my new chapter is okay. Sorry for the mistakes...