Chapter 7- My pormise to Maknae

Shinee's no Ordinary Date

tumblr_lbfzj1t23H1qdbpalo1_500.jpg 

(my forever cute bias!)

 

Key arrived from his secret schedule and looked so happy

The next day Jonghyun was muttering that he’s a terrible person

Wednesday came and Minho arrived sweating with an occupied look

And lastly Onew looked like he was struggling over something when he went home yesterday

 

“Yaaah! Taemin you’re moves are not that snappy!”

“Mhiane,” Taemin apologized. SHINEE is currently having their last practice at the SM building. Normally he’d be so disappointed when their choreographer scolds him but his mind is too engaged about his brothers’ secret right now that he doesn’t even have time to feel sorry for him.

Why am I the only one who doesn’t have secrets? It’s unfair, Taemin childishly thought. He felt a hand on his shoulder, “Don’t slouch you big baby, we’re having our comeback soon.” It was his Jonghyun hyung making fun of him.

Why would my hyung accept a dating program if he is still in to Se Kyung unnie? Taemin couldn’t figure it. Isn’t that a hard thing to do? Dating someone when you have another person you actually like. “Arraseo hyung, maybe I’m just a little bit thirsty.”

“Tsk, what a lame excuse,” Minho gave him a slight punch, “I bet you just want to rest.”

“Ani…I really am just thirsty!” Taemin said and stuck his tongue out to his hyung.

“Well if that’s the case then go ask some water to Key” Onew said while he reviews the steps.

Key puffed his cheeks, and scratched his head, “why does it always have to be my water.” He whined. “Go get it from my bag Taemin.”

Taemin ran to where Key’s bag is. Even he’s bag is fashionable, expected from hyung, he remarked to himself. He opened the bag and searched for the water. While doing so, he found a peculiar folder inside. He took it out and was surprised of what he saw…

Another contract from MBnet, just like Jonghyun’s

What on earth does this mean? It says that they’re in the same show…

 

Taemin’s point of view

 

“I-I’m not feeling well…” I announced to the other members and to our choreographer.

My brothers smirked at me; for sure they know I am lying. That’s okay; our new choreographer doesn’t know me that well. He’ll prioritize my health no matter what. “WHAT?” He said panicking, “go home and rest”

I don’t usually lie or make excuses like this but I can’t stand not knowing what’s happening. “Sorry,” I told my brothers who were giving me dirty looks. “Tell Minho hyung too,” I added seeing his not there.

I dashed outside and headed to the building. I passed the SNSD’s practice room and heard Yuri noona, “Congratulations Minho,”

I paused and hid. It was bad to eavesdrop but since Minho hyung hasn’t been totally honest to me these days then I guess this is just a minor sin. “It’s not really something to celebrate for, Yuri.” I heard hyung said.

Noona giggled, “What kind of girl is she?”

So Minho hyung’s under the same show too. That’s it; I’m heading to MBnet and know what this whole thing is about.

---&---

 

Leeteuk’s point of view

 

“What do you think Mr. Leeteuk?” The crew and I held another meeting. All of us were watching the edited version of the four dates. I am analyzing the girl’s behavior. She’s very interesting, mysterious and the fact that she’s not like any other girls make her a must to watch.

“She has different aura to each of the Shinee members” I started. “She’s mature and a bit serious person to Key, She’s a sweet type and understanding to Jonghyun, she acts like an equal rival to Minho and a young lady who looks up to Onew.”

They all nodded in agreement. “She’s wears different personalities to each of the four boys but at the same time you can see she’s not acting.” The director added.

Won Bin, my uncle and assistant at the same time joined the conversation, “her actions depend on the type of person she’s with and on the situation as well.”

“Well done everyone, I think this show will work out after all.” I told them and all of us clapped our hands. My workers started to give out opinions on who really suits Kim Hyu Me.

“I think Key suits for her, they look young and childish together.”

“Ani, Jonghyun and Hyu Me look really sweet together”

“I think Minho-Hyu Me combination is the best. The ‘Rival couple’ looks interesting”

“Onew looks like a very caring oppa when he’s with her and---”

BAM!

The door suddenly opened and two guards holding a struggling Lee Taemin came in. He stopped when he saw me and other famous people behind every MBnet shows. He scanned the area and his eyes widened when he found the TV.

One of the crew turned off the television but it was too late. Taemin saw all his brothers with the same girl. He stiffened, his hands turned into fists and his face flushed.

Won Bin stood up, “take him out of here,” he ordered the guards.

“No,” I said, “you shouldn’t treat and idol like that put him down.”

When they did, Taemin awkwardly met my eyes. “Leeteuk sunbae…”

He didn’t know what to ask me so I filled him everything. All the other producers protested but I went on saying every bit of information that was supposed to be kept from him.

“What are you planning now Taemin?” I asked him when I was finished. Every person in the room was staring at either me or him. He didn’t reply but I can see how much he didn’t like the show. “You must be wondering why I didn’t let you become a part of the show.”

That caught his attention, it did bother him, I can see from his face. He probably thinks that’s a very selfish and self-loving question. “It’s because I know the secret won’t last long among the five of you. I can see how close you are Taemin so I’ve decided that one should be out in the spotlight and make sure that none of them will know that they’re dating the same girl.”

“Now I’m carrying the biggest secret. It’s burdensome.” He mumbled.

I smirked, “that’s your punishment for sneaking around here. You can’t spoil this program Taemin, you’re brothers agreed to this. All their efforts will be spoiled if you blow the secret.”

I know this kid. He doesn’t speak up whatever it is in his mind especially to people who are older than him. He’s a true maknae and a good lad.

“Are you sure it’s okay for him to know?” Won Bin asked me. I’ve noticed him observing me the whole time I was talking with Taemin. I can see that he still doesn’t trust me. How irritating…

“Oh yes,” I replied at his question. “Who knows, maybe we can use him someday.”

---&---

Kim Hyu Me’s point of view

 

“Please differentiate each of them.” The interviewer asked the tenth question to me. I am currently inside a black room in the MBnet building. Part of the show is to ask us what we think of the experiences we’ve been through. I heard the Minho, Key, Onew, and Jonghyun were interrogated just this morning.

“Hmmm…well, Key’s gives me the feeling of reassurance. I would sincerely trust him in whatever he says and does even if we just met once. Jonghyun is the funny guy who is gentle to me, I can be very comfortable around him.” I guess Jonghyun’s part is not that really true since we did had a slight argument after the taping. The cameras didn’t see that, they saw a happy couple so I have to say a positive thing.

I took a deep breath and continued. “I don’t like Minho but I don’t hate him either. Our first encounter maybe didn’t go pretty well but I think it’s not a bad thing. I mean, I don’t have to be conscious of the things I say around him now. I honestly think I feel most true to myself when I’m with him. Onew oppa…wait, did I just said oppa?...Ne, I did. Onew oppa is someone I can look up to. He is the type of guy who surely knows what he wants. I admire him for that.”

“Well what do you feel right now Hyu Me-shii?”

What do I feel? What should I say? Maybe being honest for this time would work.  “I feel honored and pressured at the same time. I don’t know how fans will react to me and I don’t know what those SHINEE boys actually think about me. Keeping a secret to each of them is very challenging too. But most of all, I feel excited to meet them again. The four of them are really interesting people. I want to explore the things hidden under their fashionable clothes and popular names….I want to meet the real them.”

The director said cut and thanked me for coming.

I used the elevator reach the ground floor. When the doors opened I was shocked to see Lee Taemin. His angry eyes found me. He grabbed for my hand and dragged me outside. “Let go of me,”

“I won’t. I know the truth noona, I didn’t expect you’d be the kind of person to agree with this kind of shows.” He spat. I cringed when I felt the disgust on his voice.

“You don’t want your fans to see me with you Taemin,” I warned, I thrash about to get free from him but he was too strong. He didn’t stop until we reached the quiet parking lot of MBnet. The moment he let go of me, I wheeled around and started to escape.

“Yah! Talk to me!” He suddenly shouted. I stopped, now I’m angry too. I went back to him faced him. I was just a foot away from him. “Fine! What do you want to talk about? Speak up!”

He was aghast of how intense I was. All of a sudden he was confused, he started stuttering…You soft sensitive baby, I thought to myself. We were the same age but he acts like a kid. He’s the product of a happy life. He’s well taken care of, protected with his hyungs.

Of all people who would be disgusted of my agreeing to the show, he’s the one who I hate the most. How dare he think badly of me, when he doesn’t know anything of what I’ve been through. He’ll never understand me. How can he, if all that he had was a luxurious life while I try to survive the everyday bitterness of life.

“Hyu Me noona I didn’t mean to shout at you.” He said with that gentle voice. “I’m just worried about what happens if this show goes on.”

“If this show goes on, your brothers will more famous.” I explained to him, “they’ll be so famous while your fans will hate me. Nothing bad will happen to them!”

“Ani, something bad can happen,” he bit his lip hesitating.

“Just say it!” I raised my voice as I said it. I’m tired of playing around him and I’m really annoyed with him.

“They might fight each other if…if…” He avoids my gaze as he went on, “if the four of them will fall in love to you.”

The moment I heard that, I immediately forgot I was angry with him. You know what I did?

I laughed!

 

Taemin’s point of view

 

Hyu Me’s eyes were tearing up from laughing. She has a very soft laugh that it sounds endearing to me. “Honestly Taemin, you really think that THEY would fall for a person like ME?”

Yes, it is very possible.

That’s what I thought. But I didn’t tell her. She patted my shoulder “That won’t happen. You don’t have to worry about that, babo!”

Clearly this lady doesn’t know herself. She underestimates herself too much. You’re the babo here…”Noona, why did you agree to this? I may have only talked to you once but I can see what kind of person you are. You don’t like these stuffs.”

Her fondness faded as I asked her that. “You know why.” Her voice was just below a whisper when she talked. “You saw him when we first met.” For one moment I’m sure I saw the real feelings in her eyes. She’s desperate…and scared. I realized the man from the hospital is his father. She needed money to sustain his father’s needs.

Suddenly I wasn’t seeing the Hyu Me I hated few minutes ago, I am seeing the Hyu Me who was crying in the hospital the day we first met. I swallowed…”I can’t control my brothers’ feelings but I can do something else.”

Her thin eyebrow shot up, “What is it?”

“Promise me…promise me you won’t fall in love with any of my hyungs.” This is a rude request and probably silly but I don’t want them to fight over a girl.

Hyu Me smiled, “”This is fun, okay; I’ll do it under one condition.”

“Name it” I said.

She put a finger on my chest and looked at me with those beautiful green eyes. “Promise me that you will never fall in love with me.”

I was taken aback of what she said. She noticed how surprised I am. She gave out a small laugh as she extended her hand to me, “don’t tell me you’re scared?”

My face suddenly felt hot, “I’m not!” I took her hand. And just like that, both promises were sealed.

“I promise Taemin, I won’t fall in love with anyone one of them.”

“And I promise not to fall in love with you.”

---&---

“Yah, Taemin you’re such a baby. It’s not such a big deal. Stop being too serious.” She said when we started walking towards the exit of the parking lot. “Besides, it’s not possible that you’d fall in love with me.”

 

Is it? I looked at her again and sighed, I hope so…

 

 

*Sigh* I'm tired of writing...goodnight...! O.o