Chapter 8 - And to think I thought they're on my side...

Shinee's no Ordinary Date

Green_Eyes_by_catsastrofic.jpg

Our hands clasped for the last time… 11 years of torment… a car crash… blood flowing on my appa’s forehead… drowning when I was thrown in the river… the face of Chun Yo… and finally darkness…

Darkness…

My eyes opened and met the sunlight streaming from my window. I bolted up and checked where I was. Of course I’m on my bed, in my house. Babo! Calm down Hyu Me… calm down. I hugged my knees as I steadied myself. Those blurry images from the past never fail to scare me. Darn, just forget the past already! I keep telling it inside my head even if I know it’s no use.

They still haunt me…

There was a knock on the door, I slightly opened it and peered; there was no one there, although, there was a box with a note at the foot of the door. I took it and read:

You might want see the first program you’re in.

It starts next week at 6:00 pm. Relax for now, you won’t be seeing the boys

For the next two weeks. They’re very busy with their comeback.

Thanks for the good work Hyu Me

-Won Bin

Is he crazy? I don’t think I’d ever want to see myself broadcasted. Great, I only have a small space in my house and now it’ll be smaller with this thing here. I put it in a corner and ignored it.

 

---&---

 

One week later

“Wow a flat screen TV! Yah, where did you get this?”

I ignored Yui’s rantings. I was preoccupied of the thought that the show’s starting fifteen minutes from now. I feel so nervous I think I’ll faint! I noticed Yui is staring at me. "What?" I said with a quivering voice. She suddenly hugged me, "Yui?"

"Nothing, I just feel like hugging you." She let go and faced me, "I'm your bestfriend remember? Don't isolate yourself. You're not alone Hyu Me. You should be happy once in a while."

Such simple words but it moved me so much. She ruffled my hair and laughed, "Let's stop this drama. I'll set the TV for you. Maybe in that way, you can have a life by watching some movies."

I'm a bad friend! I don't deserve Yui. I can't even tell her that I'm dating four of his most favorite people on the world.

"Oh by the way, My Sweet Ordinary Girlfriend is starting soon. Let's watch together." My stomach gave a sickening jolt at what she said. "The internet sites say that the real theme of this show is that four of the SHInee boys are dating one person without them knowing."

"WHat...what...do you think about her Yui?" I asked with a slightest hope that she would say something positive.

"She'd surely hurt my idols' feelings by hiding the truth. Even if she's not the one who designed the show, she still agreed to it. I think she's selfish"

"Oh," --Was the only word that escaped from my lips. I felt the disust in her tone, just like what I heard form Taemin's voice. My bestfriend is looking for the right channel right now. The channel that might end our friendship.

I have to tell her everything, I'm sure she'll understand me if I will explain. "Y-Yui, there's something you don't know about me..I---"

"Otteoke!!! It's already starting!!! We're late Hyu ME, we're late!!! I can't believe this, I'v never been late to any SHINEE programs." She tuned the volume up and sat beside me. She tucked her arm around mine, "This will be the first TV program we'll be watching together. Isn't that great?"

"Yui--" I tried again but she interrupted

"Look Key's talking to her!!! She's not even that good looking. But in all fairness, her hair color is just like yours and she has green eyes too and...and..." Her voice trailed of as realization slapped her on the face.

It's too late...

“I’m sorry but Yui’s busy arranging with our inventory that she can’t talk to you right now.”

“That’s the same excuse you gave me yesterday. Make up something more convincing for tomorrow.” My rude words slipped my lips even before I can stop it. I sighed; I shouldn’t put my anger at Yui’s friend. “I’m sorry.”

She shook her head, “It’s only fair that you get irritated. It’s been a week that Yui’s avoiding you anyway. Just give her a little time; I’m sure her head will cool off soon.”

Another week has passed when Yui learned the truth. I remember how her smile slowly faded. She ignored me all throughout the show. Her eyes were glued to the screen. When it ended, she stood up and went home without any word or any glance at me. No matter how many times I called her name, she just won’t listen…

I bowed to Yui’s friend and walked towards the exit.

“Hey,” I turned when she called out. “I think you really look cute with Key. I envy you” She wears a bashful smile. “Can you give me any hint who will be your next date?” She requested with hopeful eyes.

 

“What’s that suppose to mean?” I jumped in surprise when I heard the familiar voice behind me. I looked back and found Key staring seriously at the two of us. Camera men are entering the store as fast as they can. What is this, a surprise taping? This is not good…“She means… she means…”

“Oh, I mean can you give me any hint on where will you be dating next?” Nice save, I thought. She made a good excuse while I stuttered helplessly at Key.

He went near me and gave me doubtful look. “Is that true?”

I nodded, “do you really think I’d date other people?”

He bit his lip, “Ani, I’m sorry I doubted you. From now on I’ll trus-”

“Don’t tell me you’ll trust me please,” its one thing to lie but it’s worse to receive Key’s trust and just break it. ”I’m not perfect. I might just disappoint you when time comes.”

He gave me that cool smile that never fails to amaze me again. “Long time-no-see Ms headph—I mean Kim Hyu Me, I missed you.” He softly patted my head. Yui’s friend giggled at that, we both looked at her.

“Sorry, but at this situation, shouldn’t you be hugging her instead?” She told us.

Key laughed, “believe me, I want to. I’m just scared that she might slap me when I do that.”

“You got that one right,” I replied while smiling. “Why are you here? I thought you were busy.”

“I am, that’s why I can only stay until noon. I just finished performing at Music bank like 10 minutes ago.” Key looks amazing with what he’s wearing, a blue jacket and a t-shirt under it.  He wore blue shorts, high socks and cool black shoes. He’s a mere model of a true idol.

“You look amazing,” I commented. “anyways, if you won’t be here for long then we better move.”

“Wait,” He said and rushed to the counter and bought something. I noticed lots of girls were already outside the music store being controlled by the crew. “Here,” Key handed me a Sherlock album. “I remembered that you don’t know anything about kpop. Don’t worry; I’m going to fix that. Of course we shall start with SHINEE.”

“You really didn’t forget that part about me.” I said while caressing my first ever album.

“I never forgot anything about you Hyu Me.” He whispered so that only I can hear. "I really want to talk to you without cameras but that's impossible mhiane" I feel so grateful of his kindness. True or not, he makes me feel better in his own simple ways.

I definitely don’t deserve him…

“Oh by the way, I might have been rude last time for holding your hand without any permission from you.” He slowly raised his hand and offered it to me, “please?”

“No thanks,” I said. At once his smile faded. When he was about drop his hand, I caught it and held it tight. “I’m just messing with you Key."

We went out on broad daylight hand in hand. "You're not so sensitive with holding a boy's hands." He told me as we walked on the road. "Is that because of your american culture?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. I never dated anyone when I was in america so I really can't say that it's due to culture. People are senstive of holding hands because it's a sign of romance. I'm not a romantic person." I felt him squeeze my hand after I said that.

"So does that mean I'm your first ever boyfriend?" He said expectantly. I avoided his gaze when I answered. "Yes, you are."

Key brought me to a quiet coffee shop. We sat in a corner and waited for our order. I have another gift for you, he took out something in his pocket and handed it to me. "that's an MP4, I put 150 famous kpop songs in it. I also put the lyrics in case you want to learn the song."

"Thank you so much," I couldn't say anything else. I was never known for being good in words.

"Are you that touched? You thank me in english!" He said with a delighted tone in his voice. I wish he would stop being so kind so that I wouldn't have to feel so awful of myself. I took out my headphones and put one to my ear and the other to Key's, "Rest," I told him "you look so tired I can even see circles under your eyes."

"Shiro, we don't get to see each other often and now you're telling me to sleep." He said like a stubborn child.

"Fine," You won't last long anyway. I can see how tired you are. I started to play songs on the MP4. I absorbed every beat of it and listened to every word that comes out. The meaning of the songs are very nice. I love the lies song by big bang so far.

I felt a slight weight on my shoulder.

It turned out to be Key's head. "I told you, you were tired." I push away the strands of hair that's has been annoying his eyes. My eyes never left his sleeping face. "I'm so sorry but I love you, I just can't lie" I sang along with the song and noticed the lyrics. I just can't lie? This song doesn't suit me at all.

 

Key's point of view

 

I'm sure I was dreaming. If I wasn't then who would be singing with such an amazing voice? I can feel the main emotion of the voice. Regret and guilt-- although it was a sad song I still can't help to fall in love with it.

nujun bam biga neryowa
nol deryowa
jojun giog kuthe dwichogyo na
no obshi jal sal su itdago
dajim hebwado ochol su obdago
mothanun suldo mashigo
sogtanun mam bamse chewobwado
shirho no obnun harunun giro biro
jebal idge hedallago
no obnun negen usumi boiji anha
nunmuljocha goiji anha
donun salgo shiphji anha
yodgathe yolbadge
ni senggage doraborilgod gathe
bogoshiphunde bol suga obde
modu kuthnatde
I'll be right there 

I felt a tickling sensation in my ear and the instruments stopped. And then the angelic voice turned the song into a mellow version. The weirder thing is, the song was in english...


 I'm so sorry boy I love you, I just can't lie
Oh I was so wrong, I can't live without'cha
(Please listen to me!).
I'm so sorry boy I love you now I realize
Shoulda never let'cha go away - cuz now my life don't seem right
I'm so sorry boy I love you, I just can't lie
I'm so sorry... boy I love you...
I'm so sorry boy I love you now I see my...
thinkin' was all a big mistake, it makes me cry to this day

 

"Hyu Me? did you sing when I was asleep?" I asked her before I went in to manager Hyung's car

"What? I don't sing Key, I have a very bad voice!" She said innocently.

"that's weird, it sounded so true," I shrugged, oh maybe it was just a dream after all

 

---&--- 

Kim Hyu Me's point of view

 

"Hyu Me, Onew's waiting for you at the restaurant you're working at." The director informed me.

"CHINCHA?" Key just left and now I have to meet Onew. The crew gave me a ride saying that it would save time. I reached there and found Chun Yu offering water to Onew.

Chun Yo's face was expressionless. Just like Yui, he doesn't like me agreeing to the show either. I ran up to him and took the pitcher. "No need for that, thanks."

"Okay ma'am," I heard the mockery in his voice. He went back to the kitchen after that.

"A friend?" I looked at Onew's curious face. I nodded and he smiled like he's happy to see me. I hid the smirk building in my face, I know what message he's trying to send me: It won't be good if I'll show my relationship with Chun Yo. Not good for the ratings..

"You're hairstyle is different," I commented.

He rean his fingers through his hair, "yah, we just had our performance awhile ago. You should really see SHINEE perform onstage. I'll ask the director for permission"

I smiled, "can't wait to show me your moves huh?"

We really look like we get along fine. Thanks to that business talk, I manage myself to be so comfortable around him...

"I have a request Hyu Me," He said when I sat across him, "Can I ask your handphone number? In this way, it'll be easier to look for you." He added with just a slight touch of shyness.

I took out my shabby phone and was about to hand it to him. I stopped and remembered that Jonghyun changed my wallpaper into a picture where both of us are in it. My hand frozen midway, "I-I don't really want you to touch my old phone. It would only ruin your look. Why don't I just tell you my number."

When he agreed, relief flood down my very veins. Phew! Good thing Onew didn't notice my strange actions

He gave me a lunchbox like the previous one. "Does it have kimchi?" I shrilled. When he nodded, I opened the the lunchbox and started eating fast.

"Hyu Me," the director called ofr me. My mouth was still full when I went to him. "We have a problem..."

I meant to say 'What is it director but it turned out as---'"Waft if it dirvtor?"

"Minho is waiting for you outside just near the restaurant and Jonghyun is at the park waiting for you as well."

"WHA--" I choked on the kimchi I ate. "Oh no! Director help me!"

I was shocked when he just went back with the crew. I looked at my right and figured I was still taped when the director was talking to me.

Now I get it, They planned to have me in trouble...so that the show will be a lot more exciting!

My nostrils were flaring with rage and my jaw tightened. Darn these users!

Someday I promise I'll get back to them!!!

But first, I have to face my current problem...

OTTEOKE!!!!

 

End! this chapter was suppose to be a lot longer, but I am soo sleepy so I cut it. Enjoy reading! I'd like to apologize for the mistakes...if you have advices or critcisms...please do leave me a message...goodnight!!!!!