Chapter 1- The unexpected first meeting

Shinee's no Ordinary Date

7:00 am

"Appa...you have to wake up...you can't be forever like this" I was sitting beside my father's bed. We are in the hospital Room 202 just like yesterday and the other day and the other...I sighed, as I lay down my head near my dad's face. It has always been like this, ever since he had that car accident. My dad has been in a coma for almost 2 and a half years.

"I miss you appa" a tear dropped from my eye it; hit my dad's hair. Oh boy, my drama queen's side is taking over me agian. I'm sorry, I'm not the mushy kind of girl it's just sometimes, I'd reflect over things andthen I end up realizing how my life is.

pathetic...lonely...unhappy...

BAM!

I was shocked when someone suddenly went inside, slammed and locked the door. I quickly dried my face  from my tears. "Sorry, but this is not a playground. You are in a wrong room" I said while covering my face, I didn't want a stranger to see me in a crying state.

I took a little peek between my hands. The person turned around. I was momentarily frozen when I saw the good-looking boy (probably the same age as me). I was known for being unapprecaitive of many things, but even I can't deny how cute this tall guy is.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean too. It's just those cameraman...and manager hyung isn't here I...I" he stuttered not knowing what to do.

Camera man? Manager? who is he? What is he? a celebrity? 

"Lee Taemin" someone from outside the door said "Just few questions and we'll leave you alone.!!!"

hmmm Lee Taemin? Who is Lee Taemin? Might be kidnapper or theif at some sort.

"Otteoke..." the guy named Taemin is beginning to panic. It was obvioius that he has no idea what to do. "I really didn't want to barge in. Mhiane."

What the-- is he using his aegyo to me?. I shook my head, in amusement. "Look, I'll help you get out. Hide inside the comfort room." I ordered him.

He meekly nodded and hid. I gave out a deep sigh and opened the door. At once, flashes from different cameras hit my face. It was too bright it hurt my eyes. It irritated me, big time "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!" I shouted at them.

The reporters and camera men were flabbergasted "We thought...Taemin is-"

"Whoever he is, HE IS NOT HERE!" I shouted again,"My father is in deep sleep, if something happens to him because of your noise, I'm blaming you." I almost slammed the door at their faces when I thought of another lie "Anyway, I saw a pretty guy with cool clothes heading to the rooftop. He said..."

The reporters eyes lift up, waiting for any good information I can tell them.

and then, "He said he's tired of his life. he wants to end it." I slammed the door right after everyone gasped. I heard footsteps of people running to save Taemin up in the rooftop.

I smirked, "You can come out now"

Taemin timidly went out. "Whoa, that was fast! What did you tell them noona?."

"I'm not your noona." I protested. 

RRING! I'm so curious yeah...

"Nice ringtone" I commented.

He answered his phone anf after that, "Thanks again noona..." He gave me a sweet smile then ran towards the door.

"I'm not your noona." I mumbled when he left the room; running along the way.

I shrugged and scratched my head as I try to absorbed what just happened.

"Oh well," I smiled at my dad "This is a weird day, don't you think appa?"

 

---&---

 

9:00 am

 

"Hi Yui!" I said right after I entered the music store. I looked at the posters and albums for the first time, it looks amazing.

"uhm, Hyu me? your mouth is hanging open." My friend Yui said, amused.

"oh, I'm sorry. It's just that albums in States aren't this colorful. This is my first time to enter one." I stated.

"But you've been here in Korea for almost two years." Yui said again. But then wore an apologetic face "Sorry. I always forget, you only go to work and hospital all those years."

I rolled my eyes at my bestfriend, "Are you sympathizing or just being plain sarcastic?"

She giggled, "maybe both."

I went at the counter, beside Yui, "Do you need any help?"

"Yup, guard the counter for awhile, I'll go buy something to drink. If a costumer needs any help, just check the computer."

I nodded. She hugged me then ran outside. I sat on the chair, wore my earphones and blasted all the english music from my cellphone.

tok! tok! tok!

I looked up and got taken aback of the face who's looking at me. He has small eyes with different colors in his hair. He is very tall and...well cute. I took out my earphones, "Yes, may I help you?"

His eyes widen a bit, "Wow, you're not shouting. Lots of people shout when they see me."

I didn't get it, why? do people hate him? "Must be tough for you" I told him.

"Wait, you don't know me?" He said with a tone of disbelief in his voice.

My right eyebrow shot up "should I?"

He smiled, a very cool smile. "Never mind, where are the SHINEE albums anyway? are they selling well?"

Why would someone care about an album status? I thought. I checked the computer just llike what Yui said "Hmm there's only one copy left. they must sell really good because..." but I couldn't continue. The colored hair, the small eyes that cool smile.

"That's me," the guy said smiling, amused of my expression. "I'm Kim Ki Bum, but people call me--"

"KEY!!!!!" Yui exclaimed and ran to him. She hugged his arms and soon enough lots of people was crowding around him.

Rrring! I'm so curious yeah...

He took out his phone then looked at me "thanks for the time Miss." He winked at me and after so much effort, he was able to escape from the girls and ran for his life.

"This day is really weird," I told the shrieking Yui

---&---

10:00 am

It felt good to help Yui. I bade her goodbye when her manager came around. I strolled down the street, thinking of ways to collect more money to pay my debt in the hospital. I saw a High School near me and immediately became jealous. I hate not being school.

I shook away the bad thoughts and found a free tasting of Chicken nuggets just across the street. "Just right in time! I'm hungry!"

"Annyeong," A very pleasent man greeted me. I gave him a little bow knowing I'm a bit younger than him. "Do you want to try some of these products?"

"I'm hungry." I blurted, oops! not good, "Sorry, that was impolite."

He smiled, "Go on try them."

But for a moment I didn't, I was amazed of how his eyes can brighten up, it seems like his eyes are smiling too.

"Aren't you hungry?" He asked.

"Oh," I didn't notice myself staring at him for so long.

"You better hurry," He added in a whisper, "students will be here soon, it'll get pretty tough."

I looked around as I ate those delicious nuggets There are camera men, guards, and other staffs all over the place. This isn't just a normal food tasting, this is an endorsement. Then I realize, this guy I'm talking must be the star.

"ONEW OPPA!!"

He waved at them and camera men started recording "The students are here."

Rring! I'm so curious yeah...

"One moment," Onew took out his phone and answered it

 

That ringtone again? This day is getting weirder and weirder.

I grabbed few more nuggets then ran for dear life.

---&---

 

10:00 pm

"Can I have your order Ma'am? Sir?"

"One rice coming up!"

"Here's your order little boy"

I wiped my sweat on my forehead. 4 hours straight of working here in the restaurant can really tire you out, big time!

"Can you still go on? I can take over you know." Chun Yo, one of my co-worker asked, his worried about me.

"I'm fine, I always am." I gave him a reassuring smile before went to the new costumer. "May I take your order sir?"

He looked at me with serious black eyes. I wasn't scared, Im used to this kind of people.

"Your order sir?" I repeated very patiently.

"Give me something good to eat" He muttered and gave me back the menu. I bowed and went back to Chun Yo.

"Hey give me the most expensive dish we have." I said in a loud voice.

"Anything wrong Hyu Me?" Chun Yo said as he handed me a mouth-watering dish

"Just a grumpy costumer," I mumbled.

"Where?" Chun Yo said, craning his neck to see. I pointed the costumer and Chun Yo gasped. "That's CHOI MINHO!"

"Who?" I stupidly asked.

"Oh you American girl," Chunyo said exasperately, "Just go and don't make him wait."

I went to the table and like the other guys I met this morning the weird ringtone played again.

RRing! I'm so curious yeah...

The so called 'Choi Minho' answered it and immediately stood up. He looked at me, "Cancel my order, I have to go."

"What? I can't, I'll have to pay for these. It's really expensive." He wasn't listening to me when he said that. He took five steps and all of a sudden I became angry. "YAH! CHOI MINHO! PAY UP!"

He stopped, not only him, everyone in the restaurant did. I bit my lip and felt my cheeks burn. He turned around and smirked. The manager went out ang gave his apologies to him. He left without listening to any single word that the manager said.

Next thing I knew, the manager was scolding me for making a scandal. He told me how famous that guy was and how rumours would definitely spread. What made it worse was that my salary was deducted for that dish the guy ordered.

I was fuming in rage! I hate Idols, they think they are all that! "Darn it! I need every bit of money that I earn and now it's lesser than I can ever imagine!!!" I muttered all the way home.

I reached the darkest alley near our house and I was still muttering to myself.

"Se kyung-ah, give me another chance. Please," I heard a begging voice. I stopped and hid. I didn't want to interrupt anyone's conversation by suddenly popping up.

"I'm sorry Jonghyun oppa" Another voice said, a female one "We don't belong for each other. I'm too busy and so are you. Anyong oppa."

A rejection in a dark alley! Se kyung, the girl, appeared on the light, she is really pretty! I watched her go. Suddenly...

Rring! I'm so curious yeah...

What's with that ringtone? I've been hearing that all day!

"Arraseo hyung, I'm coming." The guy ran to the light to and then I saw how good looking he is. He looks very sad as he passed by me, like I can feel his pain

Oh well, I can't do anything about that. Besides, I have bigger problems other than a simple heartbreak. this is a very very, very weird day.

"Kim Hyu me?"

"Hmm?" I turned around when someone called my name

"I'm from the MBnet studio"

"from what?" another question that probably only I would ask. I think every Korean person knows what is MBnet.

"I'll explain to you and at the same time. I have an offer to make" The man in suite smiled mysteriously.

Iwonder what offer is that. this better be good.

 

 

Phew! I hope you like my first chapter :)...it was quite long to write. my back literally hurts. Comments, suggestions and crticisms are highly appreciated. I'd love to hear from you. :) thanks in advance