Invisible

Happily Never After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

Mi Young is in the coma right now, meeting her dead brother after a year… what would happen to her? Will she be able to survive?

====================================================

“I-I’m scared…”you told hyungseok causing him to give you a pat on the shoulder.

“Don’t be, you’re not the only one who experiences this. Everyone eventually dies one day,” he scoffed.

You couldn’t believe that this was the same hyungseok that you knew. He was sweet as a brother but weird as a ghost…

“Thanks for the comforting,” you said, walking around the room.

That same second, a boy you assumed would be Luhan stepped inside, wearing a mask.

“He can’t see me can he?” you asked and hyungseok simply shook his head.

Luhan a few machines and connected them to you. When done, the doctors sewed up the opened area on your head and covered it with a bandage. They couldn’t continue on with the surgery or they would lose you for real.

After double checking everything, they started preparing to take the unconscious you out of the operation room and toward your new, special room.

When everything was settled, Luhan opened the doors and helped the other nurses take you and the machines connected to the new room.

You or better to say your spirit followed them out of the room, through the corridors, and into the main hall.

That’s when you saw Ilwoo and the others running after the bed your body was lying on. Everything seemed to go in slow motion.

The doors were then closed and they had to wait outside until the nurses settled your already lifeless body into the new room.

You just stood there studying the expressions on their faces. Ilwoo had his eyes closed, leaning against the wall; Chanyeol was walking in a circular path with his head hanging low, most probably thinking; Sandeul was already in the verge of tears; and Jinyoung just stood there staring at nothing with a blank expression on his face and his mouth open.

“What’s wrong with you people? I’m right here! See?” you shook your hand in front of Jinyoung’s face but he just kept his old, straight face.

“LOOK AT ME!” you said trying to shake him but your hand would just move through him, hitting the wall he was leaning against.

Your eyes started to well up with tears as you fell to your knees.

“God… why don’t you just kill me without all this, this… coma ? Huh? WHY ARE YOU TORTURING ME!?” you shouted, giving the floor a punch.

“Maybe you’re still not meant to die,” hyungseok said, appearing all of a sudden.

“What should I do now? What’s the point of being a ghost? It’s tiring! It’s boring! It’s ing stupid!” you shouted.

“Hey, hey! No swearing! Stay calm,” Hyungseok said holding onto your shoulder.

“Don’t touch me!” you said and shoved his hands away.

“Look, you will get to nowhere if you continue with this, it won’t give you your life back,” he said.

“Then what should I do? Huh? Go stand next to the bed, and watch the life slowly leave my body? Huh? SAY SOMETHING!” you shouted. You were becoming insane, knowing that you were dying and you couldn’t do anything about it.

“Mi Young, will you please stop? You’re going on my nerves!” he started shouted this time.

“You don’t know how lucky you are! When I was like you, a Stanger came to take me and I couldn’t say a single word! I was scared as well! Knowing that I couldn’t go back to mom and dad! Knowing that I couldn’t go back to you!” he said with teary eyes.

Ouch…. You thought as you just stared at him.

“You still have a chance to go back so just shut up and wait!” hyungseok said and disappeared.

You just sighed and sat on the ground.

After a few minutes, Luhan came out of the room, followed by the other nurses.

Ilwoo and the others circled around Luhan asking for an explanation.

“How is she?” Baekhyun was the first to ask.

Luhan sighed and said, “her situation is not stable… we just have to wait.”

“How long?” Ilwoo asked and Luhan just shrugged his shoulder.

“We don’t know. It would be a miracle if she survives.” Luhan said.

This led all of them to start sighing and making weird face expressions.

“Can we at least see her?” Sehun asked and Luhan slowly shook his head.

“Not today… I’m sorry” Luhan said, bowed, and walked away.

“Let’s go… you guys can have dinner at my place. I don’t wanna be alone,” Ilwoo said and started walking toward the exit door.

You turned your attention toward the room you were lying in.

That same second a nurse walked into the room and left the door open so you followed her inside.

When you spotted yourself on the bed, you didn’t know how to feel.

A bandage was covering your head, including your eyes; a tube was attached to your dried lips and into your mouth; a serum was attached to your hand; a machine showing your heartbeat and many others.

You couldn’t believe that the girl lying on the bed was you… so helpless, so weak.

 Then Luhan walked into the room with a metallic notebook in his hand.

He started programming a few of the machines and writing a few things into the notebook.

“Oh Mi Young… what happened to you?” he sighed and continued on with whatever he was doing.

“It’s supposed to be your birthday today but you’re just lying here… motionless, doing nothing but struggling to breath.” He scoffed in a sad, painful way, holding your hand in his.

“Happy birthday…” he said and released your hand.

You just remembered, today was your birthday. All the shock had caused you to forget about it.

“But what’s the point now? Why should I celebrate it? Or even with whom should I celebrate? I’m a ghost anyway… it’s not even worth celebrating anymore…” you said and kicked the ai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter