Christmas Presents

Happily Never After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

After Chanyeol comforted you, you headed back downstairs to celebrate Christmas.

===========================================================

“Good thing you guys came downstairs, there’s something important left to do.” Ilwoo said with a box in his hands.

“Oh I always love this part! It’s been 2 Christmases since I last did this!” you said excitedly after you realized what you wanted to do.

Ilwoo opened the box to be greeted with a golden, shining star. It was the star that you place at the very peek of the Christmas tree. The ornaments were already hung up on the tree but you always saved the star for the last day before Christmas.

Ilwoo handed the star to you and placed the chair in front of you so you could go on it and place the star in its special position.

After placing the star on the very peek, you gazed at it admiringly.

“Perfecto! Now let’s sleep so we’ll be able to wake up in time.” Ilwoo said.

“There’s no way we’re gonna sleep! It’s Christmas! We wanna stay awake!” you whined.

“Ugh… fine, do whatever you want, but remember to wake me up ok?” he asked and you nodded.

“Ok!” you said excitedly and started running upstairs to get some pillows and blankets for yourselves.

-------------

A few hours had passed and Ilwoo had already gone to sleep.

“Can we please sleep now?” Chanyeol asked. He was dying from lack of sleep.

“tsk, you sleep, sleepy head’ I’ll stay awake.” You pouted. As soon as you allowed him to sleep, he fell on the ground and started snoring, indicating that he was asleep.

You just stared at the sleeping Chanyeol with a smile on your face. He was cherishing the moment. Sleeping was his other best friend aside from you.

You then remembered the events that had happened recently: that night in the attic, when he started blushing; the way he comforted you a few hours earlier; his reaction when he found out that your operation was on the same day as your birthday. Sometimes, what he did made you doubt him. Sometimes, his actions made you feel that you were more than just a friend to him. It’s true, you had realized it before, but you kept on denying the feeling because the idea seemed so wrong and impossible.  How could he like you? You always thought that this was just his ‘way’ of showing his love for his best friend. Only time can reveal the truth.

You sighed and moved your gaze toward the Christmas tree. The LEDs on the Christmas tree were twinkling in the dark.

You smiled at the sight of it. You took off your hat, placed it on your side and ran your hand across your bare head.

You then curled yourself into a ball and continued to stare at the sight of the beautiful tree.

Only 2 months left… time passes so quickly. You thought with a heavy sigh.

You then stood up, made your way toward the window, and started staring out the window as the town was being covered up by the white blanket of snow. You smiled at the sight of the snowflakes falling slowly.

You suddenly felt two warm hands covering your eyes. You placed you hands on them and pulled them off your face. You then turned around to be greeted with a goofy smile that belonged to no other than Chanyeol.

“Why are you still awake?” he asked.

“I’m not sleepy. Why are you awake?” you turned your gaze toward the window.

“I woke up to go use the bathroom that I saw you weren’t sleeping so I decided to come see what you’re doin’.” he said with a warm smile. You just nodded as a sign of understanding.

Chanyeol came and stood next to you and dug his hands in his pockets.

“So… aren’t you gonna go back to sleep?” you asked after facing him.

“No, I should wake up after an hour anyway so what’s the point?” he scratched his head.

“Yeah, you’re right. Wait here; I’ll go bring your Christmas present. I should also go wake Ilwoo up.” You said and started walking toward the stairs.

“Don’t forget to wear your hat.” He said and you became alert. He was right, Ilwoo still didn’t know about it. In fact, Chanyeol was the only one who knew so far.

You went to your room, took Chanyeol’s present out of your closet and headed over to Ilwoo’s room in order to wake him up.

After waking him up, you headed back downstairs.

Chanyeol was sitting on the sofa with a glass of milk in his hands. The milk he was drinking had caused a white mark above his lips like a mustache. He gave you a gummy smile as you walked over to him. You just chuckled at the sight of his white ‘mustache’.

You sat next to him and handed him your Christmas present.

“Open it!” you exclaimed with sparkling eyes.

“I wonder what it is~” he said and opened the ribbon that was attached to the box.

Inside it, there was a black cap that had sharp, silver, metal designs on the edges.

“Wow… this. Is. Awesome!” he said, his eyes still on the fancy cap.

“Hi hi I'm glad you liked it. I figured out that the only cap you had was the one with the bomb on it, and since you like wearing caps a lot, I decided to get you a new one.” You gave him a sweet smile.

After staring at the cap for a while he took it out and wore it over his head. He then turned toward you and pulled you into his embrace.

“Thank you!” he said after pulling away.

“Merry Christmas!” You gave him a warm smile and he smiled back.

“Here, now open mine.” Chanyeol handed you a blue wrapped box.

“Ooh, let’s see what’s inside.” you said and started unwrapping the box.

Inside the box, there lay a blue pair of earphones.

“Since Sylvester ruined your previous ones, I figured that I had to buy you new ear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter