Under the Rain

Happily Never After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Previously…

“Don’t leave her alone… at least not now that she needs you so much. You might regret it one day if you do.” Chanyeol said and walked off.

Jinyoung just stood there, lost in his own thoughts.

================================================================

 A few days had passed and there was still no sign of Jinyoung, neither was there any sign of Chanyeol.

You either spent your days in bed or hung out with D.O, Sehun, or CNU since you felt comfortable with them.

It was a Saturday morning. That day was rather rainy, the weather you loved the most.

You got off your bed and went straight to the bathroom. After a couple of medicine injections and taking a couple of pills, you washed your face and came out of the bathroom.

You could hear the sound of the rain hitting against the roof.

You looked out the window to see the rain falling against the floor and you smiled at the beautiful sight. You couldn’t help but to remember the day you and Jinyoung spent under the rain. Your smile faded away as you remembered the awesome times you shared together.

You decided to head outside to clear your thoughts.

You wore a funky t-shirt with a long, white, knitted cardigan on top. You then wore a pair of black skinny jeans and wrapped a knitted shawl around your neck.

Your hair had already grown a bit. Each strand of hair was now about 3 inches long. Yes, your hair grew pretty fast.

After wearing your short boots, you were about to head outside when Ilwoo called you.

“Where are you going?” he asked calmly.

“Just… I wanna take a walk outside…” you scratched your head.

“Take the umbrella with you, it’s raining.” He said.

“But-” “do as I say” he cut you off.

“fine.” You said, slightly annoyed. You then took the umbrella, went outside and closed the door behind you.

You just left the umbrella by the front porch. After all, you loved walking under the rain.

You dug your hands in your pockets and started walking slowly toward the park.

You led out a deep sigh.

Things aren’t working out pretty well nowadays… you thought as you kicked the pebbles under your feet.

You went and sat down on one of the wet benches of the park. You didn’t really care about getting wet or dirty.

You gasped as you came in contact with the cold bench but you sat down anyway.

You touched the necklace around your neck and smiled shakily as you remembered the bittersweet memories. You really did miss Jinyoung after all.

You then started staring at the cloudy sky as the water droplets hit softly against your skin. You closed your eyes as a smile found its way toward your lips.

You then felt a presence next to you and the rain stopped pouring on your head. You frowned as you opened you eyes little by little and started looking to your side to see Jinyoung.

Jinyoung was sitting right next to you, with an umbrella in his hand. He wasn’t smiling or anything. He was just sitting there, expressionless.

“What are you doing out here under this rain?” he asked, still not looking at you. You could sense the hurt in his voice.

“I think you know the reason.” You said.

“What are YOU doing here?” you asked this time, emphasizing on the word ‘you’

“Nothing, just… chilling” he said but he still didn’t make eye contact.

“Hmm… I’ll be going now.” You said and were about to leave when Jinyoung grabbed your arm to prevent you from doing so.

“wait.” He simply said as he tightened his grip around your arm. His grip was way too tight, it was hurting you.

“Aw… you’re hurting me!” you said and he immediately let go of your arm.

“I-I’m sorry.” He said and looked away.

“No, don’t be… I should be the one saying sorry.” You said as you hung your head low.

“No… it wasn’t your fault… I was the one misunderstood…” he said, placed his hand on your shoulder and started squeezing it.

“But-” “Don’t talk about it anymore… it’s all over now.” he cut you off. He then pulled you into his embrace and started hugging you tightly.

“I will never leave you alone anymore… I promise.” he whispered as he continued to hug you like there was no tomorrow.

------

Chanyeol was standing from a distance not-so-far-away from the two of you. He was wearing a black attire, as he held a black umbrella in his hands.

He was standing there all alone, as he continued to watch the two of you hugging. He smiled shakily.

He then turned his attention away from you and started walking in a different direction. Seeing the two of you together made him somehow happy now.

All he wanted was to see you happy.

Even if making you happy meant that he had to get over you, he would do it though a love that stayed in his heart for 10 years couldn’t just die in a blink of an eye.

----

After staying under the rain for about 15 minutes, you two headed to a café nearby to get a warm drink.

“Why did you cut your hair?” jinyoung asked as you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter