I Was Like You

Happily Never After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

The nurse came and took you away from jinyoung. You just turned your head and took glances at him once in a while until the door closed behind you. Now you were just being pushed through the long and cold corridor with no chances of going back.

­=====================================================

After the long journey through the corridor, you finally reached another door. The nurse took you inside and left the room himself.

“Please change into these,” the lady handed you the blue clothing that was for the hospital.

After changing into the blue uniform, you sat back on your wheelchair holding your own clothes in your hands.

You always dressed up and kept your style to cover up your problems. You just felt like no one could question you if you were dressed in a nice manner and if you had an awesome style. But now, you couldn’t even use your style as a shield. You felt helpless in the hospital attire.

You stared at your cap which was lying on your lap and sighed.

The nurse then stepped inside and started pushing you toward another door with the name ‘basic operations’ written on it.

“What is this room for?” you asked as you turned your attention toward the nurse. You didn’t know why but his face looked so familiar to you.

“Um… in order to do the chemotherapy, we should open a hole into your neck.” He pointed to his neck, causing your mouth to drop open.

“Y-you mean here?” you touched the space in between your collar bones and he nodded slowly.

“Don’t worry it won’t hurt,” He said with a smile.

“How do you know?” you asked.

“I just… the people who come here tell me,” replied the nurse.

“I-I… f-fine… take me inside,” you gulped.

He opened the door and took you inside the room.

Everything inside the room was blue, along with the walls. In the middle of the room stood a white bed with a gigantic surgery lamp fixed above it.

The nurse put a mask on and took you toward the bed.

He helped you lie down on the bed and injecting a serum onto your hand.

“Now I’ll inject a medicine onto your neck so that you don’t feel any pain during the operation ok? It won’t hurt. I promise.” He said and you nodded. Things he said just calmed you down. You somehow trusted his words.

As soon as he injected the medicine, the doctor walked into the room.

“Are you ready?” the doctor asked and you nodded hesitantly.

“So let’s start now,” he said and took a green surgery blanket. He placed it in between your chin and the rest of your neck so you wouldn’t be able to see what goes on through the surgery.

After a minute or two, you could slowly feel your skin parting away but to your surprise, you felt no pain.

Time passed and the operation was finally coming to an end.

Meanwhile…

What’s taking them so long? It’s been almost 1 hour and they’re still in there!” Kai said.

“I don’t know…” Ilwoo rubbed the nape of his neck.

“God! I hate waiting, seriously! Why is it taking so long?” Chanyeol stumped his foot on the ground.

Jinyoung was just walking back and forth around the place waiting for you to come out.

He was frowning, not because it was taking you so long, but because he was wondering why you chose him to take care of your booklet.

It was as if you already knew what was going to happen. If not, then why would you ask someone to take care of something of yours which was so precious to you?

“Aish!” he kicked his foot and ruffled his own hair in frustration.

------------

The doctor removed the blanket that was lying in between your head and your neck, revealing your bandaged neck.

You lifted your hand and reached out for the place the hole was made.

As soon as you fingertips touched the bandages, you felt uneasy and uncomfortable. You felt insecure again.

“ this!” you cursed under your breath.

The nurse came to your side and shook you gently.

“Did it hurt?” he asked and you shook your head.

“Here, please get up. I’ll take you to your room.” He gave you a hand and helped you stand up.

“Hold onto my shoulder; your wheelchair is outside,” said the nurse.

You just did as told. He then slowly walked you toward the door.

After exiting the operation room, he helped you sit on your wheelchair.

He then started pushing you toward the exit door.

As you were being pushed through the corridor, you tried to cover your bandaged neck with the hospital uniform but no matter how hard you tried, the cloth would just fall back down.

“Don’t worry, you’ll get used to it after a while,” the nurse said after realizing your fail attempt to cover the bandage.

You eventually reached the exit door. As soon as the door opened, you could see 8 figures coming toward you, talking all together, making it hard for you to understand what they were saying.

You couldn’t really see their faces since your eyes were blurred up so you just squeezed your eyes a bit, trying to figure out who was who.

“Please, step back a little, she shouldn’t be panicked. It’s bad for her health.” The nurse said and they all became quiet.

“I’ll settle her in her room. When everything was settled, I’ll call you all inside.” the nurse said and started pushing you toward your room.

After getting settled in the room, everyone came in your room to check up on you.

“You ok? Can you see me? Can you breathe?” Sehun asked, shaking his hand in front of your face.

“Sehun, I-I’m f-fine…” you almost whispered and faked a smile.

The hole had affected your vocal cord, causing you to lose your voice.

“You’re scaring the crap out of her, step back!” Suho pulled Sehun away from your bed.

 Chanyeol just sat on a chair, away from the bed, watching you with a bitter smile on his lips.

After about 10 minutes, the nurse came and said that it was time to go for your chemotherapy session.

The nurse took you in the special room and helped you lie down on the special chair.

The doctor then came once again.

He opened the bandage on your neck and uncovered the hole.

He then used a siring to pour the chemotherapy medicine into the hole.

This took about 15 minutes.

When done, he covered the hole once again and asked the nurse to take you back to your room and he did as told.

Your friends stayed there for a while but left soon because they had to attend school the next day.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter