Valentine Chocolates

Happily Never After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

“I’ll be leaving Korea soon…” Chanyeol said after a minute of silence.

“W-what?!” you asked as your eyes widened in shock.

======================================================

“Y-you’re joking right?” you took your head off his shoulder.

He just shook his head with a sigh.

“W-why!? You can’t just leave me!” you almost shouted.

Chanyeol just sighed.

“Mi Young, I can’t stay here anymore…” Chanyeol said with his head hanging low.

“Why? Huh? Why?” you asked, desperately waiting for his answer.

“I… I just can’t…” he said, avoiding any eye contact with you.

You just stayed silent. You didn’t know what else you had to say.

“When are you leaving?” you asked after a minute of uttering silence.

“In a few weeks,” he said. “after your birthday.”

You sighed in relief, knowing that he would be there to accompany you before the surgery.

“I'm glad you’re here for the surgery; if you wouldn’t be, we might not be able to meet each other again when you come back.” You said.

“What do you mean we won’t get to meet each other? It’s not like you’re gonna die!” he said making it sound obvious.

You just hung your head low with a sigh.

“Help me get off the fence. I have to go.” you ordered after a minute.

Chanyeol obediently got off the bench, brought your wheelchair near, and opened it for you.

He then lifted you up and placed you on the ground.

You were standing in front of him as you just stared at him with an unreadable expression.

 He was still holding your waist to prevent you from falling back.

You pulled him into a tight hug. For some reason, you didn’t wanna let go from the hug. You felt like it would be the last time you were ever gonna hug him like this.

Chanyeol widened his eyes but eventually hugged you back.

Your warm breath was tickling his ear, sending shivers down his spine. He started blushing uncontrollably.

Why the heck are you doing this? Do you enjoy seeing me suffer?  He thought as he continued to hug you.

“I’ve gotten used to you so don’t ever think about leaving me alone.” You whispered in his ear and pulled away with a cheeky smile.

Chanyeol just gazed into your eyes lovingly.

“Mi Young, I-I… um… I…” Chanyeol struggled to speak, his eyes still locked with yours.

“You what?” you asked.

 “I-I… umm…. Forget about it.” he said and look away.

Why is it so ing hard to say the damn thing?! He thought.

“You ok?” you asked after seeing his furrowed eyebrows.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine.” He said and placed you on your wheelchair.

“You, I want ice cream. Buy me one!” you ordered like a little kid.

“Tsk, you’re such a pig! Why should I? How many times have I bought you ice cream with my own money? Yet you never treat me to ice cream.” He pouted.

“Tsk fine, I’ll pay,” you said. “Just take me to the ice cream shop.”

Chanyeol held onto the handles of the wheelchair and started pushing you. After calling a cab, you both sat in the taxi and headed toward Cold Stone Creamery.

 After ordering the waffle flavored ice cream for both of you, Chanyeol brought the ice creams with him to your table and sat on the chair in front of you.

“This tastes really good!” you said, taking a bite from your ice cream.

“Really?” Chanyeol asked. He then dipped his finger in the chocolate on his ice cream and then rubbed the chocolate across your nose.

“Are you serious?” you asked. You then took his ice cream from his hand and rubbed the whole thing across his face.

Chanyeol just stared at you with a blank expression. You couldn’t help but laugh. He looked like a lost puppy.

“I hate you!” he pouted.

“Awe~ I’m sorry!” you said, ready to hug him when your face met with his ice cream.

Now it was Chanyeol who was laughing. You just the ice cream around your lips.

After staying at the ice cream shop or a few more minutes, Chanyeol took you home. He was about to leave when you called his name.

“Yo, yeol” you called and Chanyeol turned his head.

“I forgot to tell you something. Come out of your room more often ok? Oh and please listen to Sehun when he talks.” you asked and he nodded with the goofy smile of his. He then waved and walked away

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A FEW DAYS LATER…

“Valentine’s day!”

You opened your phone’s calendar to see the valentine date popping up, and your phone beeping.

You stretched your arms and got off your bed. You then grabbed onto your walking stick and headed toward the bathroom.

After taking a warm shower, you headed to the kitchen to eat breakfast.

That day, you would be using your walking stick instead of your wheelchair since you needed to move around a lot.

After eating breakfast, you decided make some heart-shaped chocolates for valentines.

You called Jinyoung and asked him to come over to your house in an hour and he agreed.

You tied your hair into a messy bun and wore the apron around your waist.

 After gathering all the essential equipments and ingredients for the chocolates, you started your work.

By the time you finished, your whole body was practically covered with the chocolate. Your cheeks, your nose, even your lips were covered in chocolate.

After the chocolates became hard enough, you took them out of the fridge and started designing them with colorful chocolate cream.

You drew different cute face expressions (ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter