Just a Letter

Happily Never After
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Previously…

“Where’s Mi Young?!” Chanyeol shouted after bursting into the room which you used to stay in.

Then his eyes met with the empty bed. His mouth fell open and he brushed his fingers through his hair.

“I won’t forgive you…” your voice echoed in his brain.

“I-I’m sorry Mi Young…” he said and the birthday present he had brought you fell to the ground.

You had drifted away to dreamland now with 6 hours of operation ahead of you.

===============================================================

4 hours had already passed from the time the operation had started and still no sign of anyone who could inform the others about your current condition.

Chanyeol just sat alone in your former room with his head being buried in the palm of his hands.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and lifted his head up to see Luhan giving him a shaky smile.

“What do you want?” Chanyeol asked, staring at the ground.

“Nothing really, just… Mi Young asked me to give this to you,” Luhan said and handed an envelope to Chanyeol.

“W-what is this?” Chanyeol asked, taking the letter from Luhan.

“Um… I don’t know,” Luhan replied.

“Thanks…” Chanyeol said and turned his attention back to the letter that he was holding in his hands.

After sitting there for a while staring at nothing, he decided to go to the hospital’s garden.

He went and sat on the bench with a sigh escaping his mouth.

After staring at the envelope for an hour, he decided to open it up.

The writings were scribbled with teardrops dried here and there.

After examining the appearance of the letter he started reading it.

Dear Chanyeol, Yeol, Yeollie, puppy… um what else do I usually call you? Oh I know! Happy giant/virus.

Right now that you’re reading this, I'm probably lying unconscious on the operation bed… wish me luck…

I wrote this letter just this morning when I realized that you won’t be showing up.

I’m sorry I told you that I hated you… in fact, no matter how hard I try I can’t ever hate you. How can I hate my best friend?

The things you’ve done for me are uncountable… how can I hate you when I owe you so much?

Yeollie… you are one awesome friend.

I really miss the old, cheerful you… you don’t smile often anymore; you lock yourself in your room or go to the Han River and start listening to music you don’t even talk to anyone anymore. I know you’re depressed, I know what you’re going through, I’m sorry I’m not there to help you out… I’m really sorry. I’m an awful friend…

Anyway, smile more often; let people catch your happy virus. Come out of your room, tell your problems to others if I’m not there, let it all out… don’t keep your problems to yourself it will hurt no one but yourself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter