Love

How to Tame a Rebel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Click

It was 6 o' clock in the evening when she called him to meet her by 7 pm that night at the park near her previous school. Kevin arrived first and waited patiently, sitting on one of the swings, feeling the cold breeze on his skin. It was when someone poked his cheek that he noticed someone standing beside him.

"Angel", Kevin smiled and held Jin Ae's hand, pulling her close to him, "What's up?"

Jin Ae sat down on his lap sighing before giving Kevin a small smile, "Just something in my mind."

Kevin wrapped his arm around Jin Ae's waist and caressed her cheek with his other hand, "Would you like to talk about it? You know you could tell me anything."

Jin Ae looked at Kevin, taking his hand that caresses her cheek and lace hers, "I'll tell you, but you need to promise me something first."

Kevin tilted his head before squeezing Jin Ae's hand, "Okay."

Jin Ae stared into Kevin's eyes, trying to figure out his response, "Promise me that you'll never leave me whatever it is that you will hear from me."

"Stop being ridiculous angel," Kevin rolled his eyes before looking into Jin Ae's eyes, kissing the back of her hand, "Leaving you is the last thing I would do in my life. Even if you will push me away, I would definitely come back running after you. After all, what kind of fiancée leaves his other half hanging?"

Jin Ae smiled at his words and took a deep breath, "Here it goes."

"Kevin baby," she started as Kevin hummed in reply, "Myungsoo oppa....He's a CIA agent."

Jin Ae waited for Kevin's reaction and when he kept quiet, she stared at him with curious eyes, "Don't you have anything to say?"

"Wha-?" Kevin snapped at his thoughts as Jin Ae frowned. He looked at his angel before chuckling, "What should I say? I mean, woah Myungsoo hyung's in CIA? You know that's so awesome and not to mention that's very cool. I mean, it's really dangerous but it's just plain awesome! Do you think if I ask Myungsoo hyung, he could get me in CIA too? Well, even just a visit at the headquarters would do. I would love to see him do some work!"

Jin Ae rolled her eyes at the instant fanboy and sighed, "But baby, that's not my problem."

Kevin looked at her - serious this time, "Then what is angel?"

"Well," Jin Ae fidgeted her fingers then bit her lower lip, "I'll start it off with happened last September 28, xxxx."

Kevin nodded and listened carefully as Jin Ae told the story of her mom's accident and how Myungsoo got into CIA minus the part where Myungsoo overheard her father and another businessman talking. As Jin Ae finished, Kevin tilted his head, confusion written all over his face.

"Well, I'm still lost angel. Care to explain it a bit?"

Jin Ae took another deep breath before looking into Kevin's eyes, "Well, the supposedly accident of my mom...Myungsoo oppa's investigating it. Apparently, according to their current findings, the accident.....wasn't really an accident."

Kevin remained silent and Jin Ae took this as a sign to continue, "The fact that it wasn't an accident isn't that much bothering. Kevin, what's really on my mind is those possible prime suspects I've seen from Myungsoo oppa's documents."

"Why baby?"

"Because," Jin Ae hesitated at first before saying it, "Because, your dad is one of them."

Kevin widened his eyes at her and when he didn't respond, Jin Ae warily laughed, shaking her head, "Ridiculous right? I told my brother that it can't be."

"D-Dad," Kevin blurted as Jin Ae avoided his gaze, "I don't understand Jinnie. Why would my dad kill your....mom? It's totally impossible." 

His voice faded as Jin Ae looked up, bitiing her lip, "I know right? But according to those files, your dad didn't try to kill my mom. He wants to....kill my dad instead..."

Kevin instantly looked at Jin Ae who's looking away, "W-why? M-my dad wouldn't do such a thing baby. And why would he try to kill your dad. I don't get anything."

"I told oppa that too," Jin Ae smiled bitterly, "But, according to oppa, your dad was trying to kill our dad because....he wants mom."

"BWOH?"

Jin Ae bit her lower lip and stared at Kevin, tears on the verge of falling from her eyes, "Y-you see baby, apparently y-your dad and my m-mom....had a secret relationship."

Her voice echoed in Kevin's mind as he tried to processes everything while staring at his fiancée with wide eyes, "B-but that can't be angel."

"I-It's true Kevin," Jin Ae's voice started to fail her. She felt a tear escape and wiped it right away, "I know it's hard to believe but since Myungsoo oppa is there, there's nothing wrong with the investigation."

"What?" Kevin asked, even more confused, "What does Myungsoo hyung has to do with the fact that my father and your mother had a relationship?"

"B-because," Jin Ae gulped, "Because Myungsoo oppa is their child Kevin."

"Wha-"

"Kevin, I'm sorry." Jin Ae cried as she wiped the tears that kept on falling, "I know I'm not supposed to tell you anything about this but I just can't help it. It's too much. With everything going on, I don't know what to do anymore. I don't want to lose you or Myungsoo oppa b-but...Kevin, please don't l-leave me."

Kevin was still in shock, and when he didn't respond, Jin Ae took this as a sign. She stood up wiping her tears and as she was about to walk away, Kevin grabbed her wrist making her turn to him and pulled her into an embrace. She cried even more as she returned Kevin's hug.

"D-don't leave me." Jin Ae cried as Kevin shushed her.

"Pabo, I wouldn't do that." he reassured her as she cried even more.

"B-but you didn't respond and I was afraid that maybe-"

"Stop," Kevin cut her off as he ran his fingers in her hair, "I was still processing everything then you suddenly stood up. Baby, you know I don't react that fast."

He laughed making Jin Ae smile. She buried her face in his chest, inhaling his scent, "Kevin, don't leave me. E-even if your father..."

"I won't angel. Stop worrying," Kevin smiled. Jin Ae pulled a little, looking at Kevin seeing him smiling at her.

"Y-you seemed calm about everything," Jin Ae blurted, "A-aren'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter