Matchbox

How to Tame a Rebel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Click Me

The day had finally ended and Kiseop was grateful for it. He was sitting at the back of their car, massaging his temples and the only thing he longed for right now is a nice warm bath. The ride was a long and quiet one. Nobody talked during the ride making his father looked sideways checking on him. His father smirked at him, "Good race back there."

 

Kiseop looked at him before shaking his head, turning towards the car window, "I really don't know why you are doing this dad."

"Doing what my son?" His father innocently said as he was reading some files in his phone.

"You know what," Kiseop said, his eyes staring at the scenery outside, "making me a candidate for Jin Ae's hand and test driving Woo Co's latest sports car."

His father stared at his figure before responding, "Stop acting like you don't want this. After all, I knew all along you were in love with Jin Ae. You're just afraid of rejection that's why you never told her."

Kiseop bit his lower lip, feeling a bit uncomfortable hearing his father's words, and looked at his father, "How sure are you that I'm in love with her?"

"It's obvious my son.” His father laughed, "You want evidence of your obvious love? That matchbox tells it all."

Kiseop stared at his father blankly before turning back towards the window quietly. His father smiled, placing a hand on his shoulder, "I'm trying to help you son. It's not good having some feelings for a girl and leaves them unsaid. You better make a move before someone does or else you'll lose her forever."

Kiseop remained quiet as staring outside the window taking in everything his father had said.

 

Feeling refreshed after taking a warm shower, Kiseop walked towards his room while drying his hair abruptly stopped in front of the mirror and stared at the two photos taped at the edge. Both are Polaroid photos of him and Jin Ae. He run his fingers over the photos as a smile unknowingly crept on his face.

 

Your name is Kiseop? Can I call you Seoppie instead? 

 

Kiseop laughed as he looked at the photo that was taken years ago when he and Jin Ae were nine years old. Kiseop was sitting on a swing staring blankly at the camera as Jin Ae, standing behind him, grinned widely and her hands were on Kiseop's face trying to make him smile at the camera. Kiseop shook his head smiling, "How did I ever became friends with a pabo like you?"

 

It was one of those boring business meetings and Kiseop still wonders why his father brings him along during this events. A nine year old Kiseop in a black suit was sitting quietly at a corner swinging his legs, bored. His father left him alone and was now currently to one of the adults in the room. He told Kiseop that he could moved around the room, eat and drink anything he wants as long as he won't go outside. 

Kiseop sighed. He really needs company right now. One that is of his age to be exact. He scanned the room trying to find someone of his age but after looking around for more than four times, he figured it out that he was the only young one around. He was, of course, wrong about that idea. He was about to lose hope when someone tapped him from his side.

He glanced at the side and saw a girl, his age, in a black dress and hair tied up in a ponytail using a white ribbon grinning at him widely. She held out a chocolate bar towards him making Kiseop stare at her.

"You want some?"

Her voice is so sweet making Kiseop in trance. She waited for Kiseop to answer and when she received no reply from him, she waved her hand in front of Kiseop waking him up from his thoughts. The girl smiled at sweetly as she grabbed Kiseop's hand, handing the chocolate bar to him.

"Eat this. You'll smile for sure."

Kiseop stared at the chocolate bar given to him as the girl grab a chair and sat next to him. He looked at her who's still smiling before taking a bite from the chocolate bar. 

"Is it good?"

Kiseop smiled as he looked at the girl nodding, making her smile wider. "I'm glad you liked it."

She looked at the adults who are interacting with each other before saying, "It's kind of boring here right?"

Kiseop just nodded as he finished the chocolate bar and quietly looked at the adults. The girl stood up from her seat, standing in front of Kiseop giving him a playful smile. 

"Do you want to go somewhere else?"

Kiseop gave the girl a confused look and before he knew it, he was already being dragged away by the girl. Kiseop let the girl lead him until he finally realizes where the girl is leading her. He abruptly stopped making the girl stop walking as well.

"We can't go outside." Kiseop finally said making the girl just smile at him.

"I know. But it would be fun. Trust me."

Trust me.

Kiseop never tried disobeying his father's orders nor trusting a person he barely knows and yet he let this girl lead her outside where his father had told him not to go to. As they stepped outdoors, Kiseop looked around in awe as it revealed that they are standing at a beautiful garden. The girl dragged him towards the center and let go of Kiseop's hand. Kiseop was still in shock and awe when he felt water splashed towards him. He looked at his side and saw the girl giggl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter