Truth

How to Tame a Rebel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Click Me

It was a fine friday morning and Jin Ae decided not to go to school to get some fresh air. She quickly took her time to have a nice warm shower and went to get dress. She wore her colorblock silk cami underneath her mint green long sleeves pullover that complimented her light gray pair of shorts. She decided to keep it simple so she wore her mint green Chuck Taylor sneakers along with her Armani Exchange watch then  grabbed her Aeropostale canvas bag and she was good to go.

As she was about to leave, she saw someone already making his way towards the door. She was hesistant but she decided to call him out anyway.

"Oppa!"

Myungsoo turned around and gave her an amused look, "So now you're calling me oppa again?"

Jin Ae looked down and bit her lip, "I.."

A sudden pat on the head made her look up and saw her brother slightly smiling at her. She looked at him in the eye and studied his expression.

"Since you're already here, why don't I take you out, hm?" Myungsoo casually slung an arm around her leading her out.

Lost in words, Jin Ae decided not to say anything and smiled to her own.

 

As the white BMW M3 convertible zoomed in along the streets, Jin Ae wondered where they are going.

Curiosity killed, she looked at her brother and asked, "Where are we going?"

Myungsoo looked at her for awhile before turning back at the road, "Say, why don't we visit Umma today? It's a nice day after all."

"Umma..." Jin Ae mumbled and looked away, "I haven't seen her grave since then.."

Myungsoo looked at her again, his lips forming a thin line. Silence filled the air, and as it started to surround the two, Myungsoo decided to break it.

"Did father tell you anything?"

Bitter smile started to form on Jin Ae's face, "I wish."

"Still afraid, huh?" Myungsoo scoffed and made a turn around the corner. Jin Ae looked at him and shifted in her seat.

"Oppa." she started gaining the attention of her brother, "Can you tell me everything?"

Myungsoo studied her expression before giving out a sigh, "You sure you want to know?"

"I have the right to don't I? Besides, sooner or later, the truth will come out right?" she bit her lip staring at the road blankly.

"Alright," Myungsoo looked at her again before concentrating back at the road, "I'll tell you everything I know when we get there."

 

It wasn't long until the two of them found themselves standing in the middle of a meadow in front of a tombstone. Myungsoo knelt down and touched the cold piece of material. 

"Umma, I'm back. And look who's here with me." He said as he looked at Jin Ae who nodded at him. Jin Ae knelt down beside him, placing the white tulips they bought earlier along the way.

"Hi mom, it's been so long since I've last...visited." She gave out a bitter smile making Myungsoo slung an arm around her pulling her closer to him.

The two of them sat down on the grass, comfortable silence surrounding the two of them as they stare at their mother's grave.

"Oppa."

Myungsoo looked at his sister who stared right back at him. 

"Why did you leave?" Jin Ae asked, confusion fully written on her face.

"Why did you suddenly leave?!" pain was evident in her voice, making Myungsoo flinched, "Didn't you there were still people like  me who were waiting for you to come back?! Why did you leave?! What happened back there?!"

Myungsoo studied her for awhile before looking away sighing. "A lot. A lot of things happened Jinnie."

 

 

"Myungie oppa!"

A little Jin Ae whined as her brother held a small blue toy car up in the air.

"Myungie oppa! Give that car back!" Jin Ae jumped as her brother continued teasing her.

"No way! And why do you play with this matchbox anyway? Toy cars are for boys, go back to your Barbie dolls Jinnie." Myungsoo grinned as he watched his little sister reach the toy car in his hand.

"Kids, stop that." Mr. Kim walked in fixing his necktie.

Myungsoo looked away for a bit and Jin Ae took this chance to grab the toy car.

"Bleeh!" She stucked her tongue out to her brother and ran away leaving Myungsoo dumbfounded.

"That girl." Myungsoo shook his head in amusement when someone patted his shoulder. He looked up to see their mother smiling down at him.

"Are you ready to go?" Mrs. Kim asked and Myungsoo nodded.

"Shall we go now?" Mr. Kim asked and Mrs. Kim nodded when Myungsoo looked down the hallway.

"Jinnie! We are leaving now! Don't run around too much or else monsters would come out arasseo?" Myungsoo shouted earning a loud 'ne' from his little sister. Satisfied he looked back at his parents who smiled back at him.

"Why doesn't Jinnie come along with us?" He asked as they ent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter