He pleaded me.

Accidental Hero

 The whole 4th period class was like being in hell. I hated every single moment of it. Beside the fact that it was Physics, my most hated subject, there’s also Donghae, my most annoying new seatmate.

At first I thought he’d act like a normal student, just like what happened during our first period, which was English. But after that 2 class periods, he started to become super annoying. He’d suddenly throw pieces of papers on desk. If not, he would poke me or stare at me.

“Will you stop doing those things?!” I angrily yelled at him as soon as I heard the bell rang.

“What?”

“Don’t play innocent! You know exactly what I mean, you punk!”

“I was bored. And I thought you were bored because you were looking somewhere else. So, I was thinking maybe you wanted to play with me.”

“I am not bored! I was trying to understand everything because first of all, I am not as fluent in Korean as you are, which basically means, I will have to figure out every single word that the teacher is saying. You know what I mean?”

“And second, I was looking somewhere else because I was trying to understand the lesson!” I continued whining.

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry! I won’t do that again.” He apologized.

“Good. You better not, or else!” I said as I punched the air, in front of him. I then walked away and head towards the cafeteria. I forgot that very moment that I didn’t have friends, aside from Sunny and I only have known two people from this school, Sunny and Donghae. So, I was left on my own and sat on an empty table.

I was startled when someone suddenly sat on an empty chair in front of me. But I was relieved that it was just Donghae, my other so called friend, aside from Sunny.

“I want to make it up to you.”

“What do you mean by that?” I asked before I took a bite of my burger.

“I can be your Korean tutor.” He gladly offered.

“Are you kidding?” I asked after I forcefully swallowed my food, which I was just chewing earlier.

“No. I mean I could help you. Korean language is my area of expertise! I studied a lot, because of political reasons.” He explained.

“I wanted to say yes, but I’m scared that you’ll be asking for something in return. I can’t give you anything.”

“Actually, you can.”

“What?”

“It’s not like I wanted to do this or something but, I’m really annoyed by the body guards my dad assigned to me. So, I wanted you to be with me always.”

“How the hell will that help you get rid of your body guards?”

“My dad thinks you’re my savior and he said that as long as I’m with you, I could be safe. This means I won’t need any body guards anymore.”

“Okay. That’s it. I’m sorry but I’d have to say no. I have been with you for two straight days and nothing good happened. What more if I’ll be with you a lot longer than that? It’s definitely making me have a bad luck for the whole year.”

“You should think about it. I could definitely be a great help if you wanted to pass all the subjects in here. And you could be a great help for me to have freedom. It’s just more of trading or sparing what we have.”

“Maybe you’re right.”

“Is that a yes?” He suddenly grinned.

“No, I mean maybe you’re right. I should think over it first.”

“Oh. Okay. Tell me before we go home.”

“I’ll tell you first thing tomorrow.”

“No, tell me later or the offer is off.” he threatened.

“Don’t you dare threaten me? I can have some other tutors from this school aside from you, while you can’t have some other person to help you with your freedom!”

“Let’s see..” he said then he suddenly stood up on the table.

“EVERYONE! WHOEVER DARES TO HELP MY GIRLFRIEND IN STUDYING KOREAN WILL DEFINITELY PAY THE PRICE! NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO TEACH HER SCHOOL STUFFS ASIDE FROM ME! ARASO?!”

Everyone stood still and nodded which made me shock. Was he really that powerful in this school?

“What the hell were you doing?” I asked angrily as I pulled him back to his seat.

“Now were even. No one will definitely help you in this school aside from me.”

“That was unfair!”

“There were no rules.” he defended.

“You could do whatever you want but I could still manage to look for some tutors! I could attend a Korean tutorial center after school or even hire a private tutor!”

“Whoever your tutor might be, I’ll make her life miserable! As what you’ve said earlier, I have some kind of a sphere of influence.” he blackmailed. And what was worst was, he lied to me. I hate lairs so much!

“I thought you didn't have?”

“Guess I lied,”

“Then why didn’t you stop that girlfriend thing?”

“Because I liked it! If my dad thinks you’re my girlfriend, he would allow me to go anywhere as long as I’m with you.”

“So, you’re using me now?”

“No. I’m not using you.”

I raised my eyebrows and glared at him.

“Okay, maybe I’m using you but I don’t want to do it in a bad way, that’s why I asked for your permission. I even gave you something in return,”

“Well, that’s very good of you!” I angrily said and stood up. When I was about to walk away, he suddenly block my way using his own body.

“Come on Tiffany, I promise I won’t make your life miserable or something. I just need your help. I badly need it. I’m sick of the life I’m having right now.” He pleaded me.

He looked really sincere with his plead. I was so tempted to agree but I’m afraid of the consequences. What am I supposed to do now?

**********************************************************************************************

Please leave some comment. thank you!