fortune teller?

Accidental Hero

 “So, where do you live?” Donghae suddenly asked me.

 

“Hannam-dong” I answered briefly. I wasn’t in my right mind to talk really. My mind was still occupied by the thought of Body Guard thingy.

 

“Ah. You want to hang out first before you go home?” He stared at me.

 

“I mean, maybe you want to eat something or whatever.” He continued.

 

“I need to get home early.” I briefly answered him. I don’t have the appetite to eat, especially with him.

 

“Come on. You skipped classes, there’s still a lot of time before dismissal. I’m really hungry.”

 

“I could just go home and you eat alone. Why do I have to be with you?” I nagged at him. It doesn’t really make sense to me.

 

“Urgh, because this will be my thanks to you.” he convinced me. And I don’t even feel convinced.

 

“You can just say Thank You. There’s no need of doing things like that.”

 

“Okay. I’ll take you home. But could you just give me some food from your house? I haven’t had lunch yet.”

 

I nodded. But just a few seconds after that, my stomach suddenly growled. I was embarrassed, really. I didn’t know I was hungry until then.

 

“I guess we should really grab something to eat now.” Donghae suggested as he went near the driver and whispered him something.

 

I plainly looked outside the window of the car, trying to ignore the hunger I felt. I tried to imagine things, like how am I going to handle emergency cases when I’m with him or if I should take taekwondo lessons or something. I was really afraid to become a bodyguard or informant or whatever. Not in my wildest dream did I ever want to be a bodyguard.

 

After a few minutes, the car suddenly stopped in front of a small Korean restaurant. Donghae went out of the car; I on the other hand, examined the place first. The small restaurant looked really old and quiet.

 

“Are we eating here?” I asked him as I went out of the car.

 

“Yeah” I never actually expected him to eat somewhere like this. I mean, I’m pretty sure there are a lot of chefs in their home that’ll feed him good food but he chose this small, old restaurant which I think is not as good as the food in their house, not even in ours.

 

“Hey Ahjumma!” Donghae suddenly called the old lady who was busy serving food to a costumer.

 

“Aigoo! It’s been a long time since the last time you visit.” The lady answered him.

 

“I got a little busy” he answered back as he led me towards a table and we sat there. The old lady came near us and looked at me with a big smile on her face.

 

“And finally you’re with your girlfriend”

 

“I’m…”

 

“Her name is Tiffany. Does she look good?” he said just before I could say that I am not his girlfriend.

 

“Of course. You look good together. Perfect match.”

 

I actually don’t know if it was a joke or what or if I should laugh or not.

 

“I was just kidding Ahjumma. She’s not my girlfriend.” Thank God he finally admits it.

 

“What a waste” the old lady said. I was a bit surprised by her words.

 

“It’s not really a waste ahjumma. I mean, it’s way too impossible” I assured her that it’s absolutely not possible for us to be together. It’s just pure work.

 

“Aigoo. Give me your hand” she said as she grabbed my hand and looked at my palm. She traced the lines of my palm. I was really curious what she saw or what. So I waited for her to say things.

 

“hmmm. An accident will lead you to the place where your heart really belongs.” She informed me. Okay, it was a bit creepy. I don’t really believe in fortune tellers but it sounded really convincing. Does that mean what happened last night will lead me somewhere?

 

“Hahaha! Ahjumma, I’ve been to a lot of accident but I still had the need to transfer from 1 place to another.” I told her, I mean, I just want to convince her that it’s impossible.

 

“It may have happened just a few days ago or it might happen in the next few days” okay, that was a lot creepier.

 

“Ahhhh..” I trembled as I try to think of something else.

 

“What food do you have here?” I asked her, trying to change the topic.

 

“Korean foods” Donghae answered me instead. But the old lady handed me the menu.

 

“I’ll have the usual ahjumma” He told the old lady.

 

“I’ll have kimbap”

 

“That’s it?” he asked me

 

“Uhm, honestly, I don’t know a lot of Korean food. I didn’t grow up here. I just came here.”

 

“That explains your accent.” The old lady suddenly said.

 

“I’ll get you the same order as he had” She said as she went away.

 

“Yah! Are you always here? Don’t you have a lot of chefs in your home?” I asked him

 

Donghae: We have a lot. But nothing beats the food here

 

Me: How’d you know about this place?

 

Donghae: Used to be my mom’s

 

Me: Really?

 

Donghae smirked at me and laughed.

 

“Did you seriously believe that?” he asked as he continued laughing.

 

“What the hell” It was all I could say. Aish! He’s such a weirdo!

 

“I was just kidding. I used to come here with my grandma.”

 

“I don’t know if I’ll believe you or what.” I told him.

 

“I don’t have plans of convincing you to believe me.”

 

“Good, because I have decided not to believe you.”

 

He suddenly stopped and looked at me. He then smiled and said,

 

“You know what? I think you’re cool.”

 

I don’t know if it’s part of his joke or whatever but I’m absolutely not interested.

*************************************************************************************************************************************88

sorry for the late update.. i promise to update it a lot sooner..=