In law?

Accidental Hero

 

Oh God. I hope this will go well. I prayed silently as Donghae and I went nearer and nearer to where Mr. President was.

“Oh, you’re here.” Mr. President suddenly said and smiled at us.

He’s a fox. He pretends to be a friend. The thought keep on flashing on my mind and I became a lot more nervous, so I held on Donghae tightly.

“Oh Dear, where were you last night?” the lady, who looked like in her middle 40’s but still very stunning suddenly asked. Donghae moved away and kissed the lady and his dad.

“I was with Tiffany, mom,” He answered. The lady wasn’t surprised though.

“Tiffany, meet my mom and of course, you’ve already met my dad.”

“Nice to meet you Ma’am. It’s been a long time Mr. president.” I said and bowed to them.

“Tiffany is now my girlfriend.” He suddenly said and grinned.

His parents didn’t say anything and looked really, really surprised, especially Mr. President.

Should I write my death wish now? >,<

“Well, that’s quite surprising! Congratulations, you two.” Donghae’s mother said as she stood up and hugged us, the two of us.

“Have a seat and eat with us.” Mr. President said. I was literally shaking as I took a seat right next to Donghae.

Grrr, Mr. President really looks angry.

“Wait, Tiffany. You’re the one who saved Donghae from those Kidnappers, right?” Donghae’s mom asked. I suddenly remembered that I never actually saw her during those drastic moments. Where was she?

“Yes ma’am.”

“Oh! I haven’t thanked you yet, so Thank you very much, if you only knew how worried I was that time. I was in London when I heard the news. Oh, I don’t even want to remember how terrified I was..”

“Mom,”

“Don’t ‘Mom’ me! It was entirely your fault. I don’t know what to do with your stubbornness. I’ve told you so many times not to get away from the guards and you never listened. Just think of how it would affect us, your parents when something bad happens to you.” She glared at Donghae.

“I missed you too Mom.” Donghae smiled and continued eating. I silently smiled at them. I guess they’re really close, aren’t they?

“Tsch.” She said and rolled her eyes. She then turned her attention to me and smiled.

“But I’m so glad you came to help him and now became his girlfriend. Haha.” She said and continued eating.

The breakfast went well. After a few minutes of eating and talking, I felt a bit closer to Donghae and his family, especially his mom. She’s really cool and the exact opposite of the fox, Mr. President.

“I need to talk to you, both of you.” Mr. President suddenly said as he stood up and walked towards somewhere.

I nervously looked at Donghae as I stood up from my chair.

“Don’t worry Mi Young, everything is going to be alright.” Donghae’s mom assured me.

Did I hear it right? Mi Young? How did she know my real name?

“How did—“

“You two go now before he gets impatient.” She cut me off and pushed us towards the door.

I walked hand in hand with Donghae, still not over the fact that his mom knew my name, the name which was changed 18 years ago.

We then went inside the room, the same room where Mr. President talked to me about the body guard thing.

“sit.” He commanded and we followed.

He suddenly placed 3-4 news papers on the table right in front of us. I saw a picture of me and Donghae on the front page and the caption, “Are they dating for political reasons?” Another one captured, “Did she really save him or was it all for fame?” (This one really made me angry.) And the last one stated, “Love or Power?”

“I called you two because you needed to be informed.” Mr. President suddenly said. I was still caught up with the fact that we are on the front page and it never said anything good, at all.

“Your relationship is already in the midst of questions and rumors of fraud before it even started. So now, I just want to ask both of you. Are you ready for the consequences you would have to face together?” Mr. President asked. It was as if he was asking us to make a vow, just like in marriage.

“I am.” Donghae confidently said and then looked at me. With the way he looked at me, I know I can’t say no.

“I am too.”  I briefly said, which actually satisfied both of them.

“Now, all you two have to do is to ignore the press. Let them do their thing. I will have one of my spokesperson to announce the news that you two are really in a relationship.” He said. It made me feel a lot lighter than before. At least he doesn’t disapprove of our relationship.

“But the moment my spokesperson made the announcement, Tiffany, you will not only be the girlfriend of my son. You are already considered as part of the 1st family. Together with Donghae, you have to attend certain functions, within and outside the county.”

My eyes eventually dilated because of the shock I had.

“W-why?” I asked. There’s no way will I act like a fiancé. I’m just a freaking girlfriend!

“Because of politics. I’m not doing this for my own gain, but I’m doing this for your own good. Politics is a very dirty game. Every single move will be watched by other people. Every bad move becomes an opportunity for enemies to attack. It’s better to be with Donghae most of the time for you to be taken care of and to protect you.”

“B-but, I lived my life freely. Even though my dad is also a politician, he never took my freedom away from me.”

“Your Dad is a diplomat. Of course, by law you were protected outside the country. But inside, I doubt it. Even your dad is making precautions for your safety.” He explained. Maybe he’s right, or not. He’s a fox after all.

“And I hate functions or gatherings.” I continued and pouted.

“Don’t worry, I’m with you. We could also skip. You know?” Donghae said and smiled sweetly.

“Skipping is my son’s hobby.” Mr. President said and rolled his eyes.

“O-okay. I’m doing it.” I said, within further a due.

“Very well then.” Mr. President said and moved towards his chair.

Donghae suddenly stood up, grabbing my hand, which made me stand up too.

“Is that all?” Donghae asked.

“Oh yes, but please, let me talk to Tiffany for a while.”

“alone?” Donghae asked again.

“Yes, alone.” He briefly said.

My palms suddenly became sweaty and my heart started to beat so fast. This is it. My breach of contract is finally going to take my life away. >,<

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************

I felt like I've lost readers on this story.. so sad! >,<

Please leave a comment if you still read this! :D