Escapade

Accidental Hero

 Think Tiffany! You should think.

I tried to plunge in every single detail I have in mind. How could I possibly agree to him? Will I allow myself to be used again?

No, I can’t let anyone use me again.

Just when I was about to say something to him, my phone suddenly vibrated. I took it from my pocket and saw a text message.

From: Unknown

Ms. Hwang, I hope you still remember your job. Don’t leave Mr. Lee alone even if you’re just in school. There might be some people who’ll take advantage of him in there. Report to me any disturbing or suspecting person if you notice one.  Kang In

Damn. I totally forgot about my job. Wait, did he just say I have to be with Donghae all the time?

I took my phone out and read Kang In’s message again. It was not until I read it for the 4th time that I finally understood what Kang In means. He literally means I have to be with him.

Kang In wants me to be with Donghae, part of my job while Donghae also wants me to be with him, part of our so called trading of what we have. If I agree to Donghae, it’ll be like doing my job as well. Wow. It’s like hitting two birds with one stone.

I finally made up my mind and immediately poked Donghae, in the middle of our class.

“You’re bored?” he asked in whisper tone.

“I’ve decided that I will agree to what you wanted.” I confessed, still in whisper tone.

“Really? No turning backs.” He said as his smile widened.

“Yup. No turning backs.” I said and smiled back.

“Is there something you wanted to share to the class Tiffany and Donghae?” Our teacher, Ms. Kang asked.

“No ma’am,” He answered politely.

“Focus on the lesson,” she said as she faced the blackboard.

I kept my smile to myself and changed my focus back to the class. I don’t exactly know what made me happy but I was literally happy after I agreed to Donghae.

Everyone was already out of the room after our last class. I was one of the few who were still in the room. I was busy arranging my things on my bag when Donghae suddenly took a seat on the desk in front of me.

“So, you were serious about earlier?” he asked.

“Yeah. When do we start?” I asked as I stood up and carried my bag.

“Let’s start the tutorial tomorrow.” He said and I nodded. I was planning to go early that day anyways.

“But, we’ll start the going out part today.” He said as he grinned. He then pulled my wrist and led me out of the room.

We went towards the back gate of our school instead of the front gate, where his car and his body guards were waiting.

“Wait, the car is on the other side.” I said. I stopped walking and took my hand away from his grip.

“Uhm, we’re not going with them.” He explained briefly.

“They’ll be worried.”

“They can handle it. I’ll just say I’m with you then all of them will shut up. Now let’s go!” he said and grabbed my wrist again.

“Wait. Where exactly are we going?”

“Let’s go to Myeong Dong!” he excitedly said.

“What?! Myeong Dong is a crowded place. It’ll be very dangerous!”

“Just trust me, okay? You won’t be in danger.” He assured me. He then started walking, still grabbing my wrist.

“Yeah right. It’s actually hard to believe that you won’t put me in danger. You’re like a jinx.” I murmured as I walked with him.

We were walking together with his hands still holding my wrist. I don’t actually mind him doing that but it felt really weird. I mean, it’s not the first time I’m holding a guy’s hand but that time felt really different from the others.

“What are we doing here?” I asked when he suddenly stopped in front of a laundry shop.

“Just wait.” He said as he entered the shop.

“Ahjumma?” I was startled as I saw Ahjumma, the old lady from the Korean restaurant last night.

“Aigoo! You two are together again huh?”

“Ahjumma, how are the things I told you about?” Donghae asked.

“It’s here.” She said as he walked away to get something. After a few moments, she came back with a pair of school uniforms (uniforms of other school). She handed one to Donghae and the other one to me.

“What’s this?” I asked Donghae.

“Just change to that. We’ll be coming back for our uniforms later on.” He answered as he goes to the changing room.

“Why do we have to wear this?”

“You might be kidnapped if you wear your school uniforms to Myeong Dong. People will definitely go for you. You’re studying in a prestigious school after all.” Ahjumma explained.

“Oh.”

“Hurry up and change.” Donghae said. He was already changed at that time. I went inside the changing room and quietly changed my clothes.

“It’s looks good on you.” Donghae complimented.

“Thanks.”

“Can we go now?” he said and waited for me to go near him.

“Do we have to ride a taxi to be there?” I asked.

“To complete our adventure, let’s go take the bus.” He grinned.

“A bus?!” I was surprised. I’ve never ride a bus before. I was always taken to where I wanted to go by a driver or by my parents. It was the reason why I was a bit afraid to ride on a bus.

“Ahjumma, we’ll be back later.” He said.

“Okay. You two should take care!” I heard Ahjumma said while we were going out of the laundry shop.

“Do you even know what bus to ride to?” I asked him while we were walking towards the bus stop.

“Ahumma said we should take city bus no. 7, 9, 64 or 64-2.”

“You asked ahjumma, meaning, you’ve never been there?” I was shocked and anxious at the same time.

“I’ve been there but I’ve never rode a city bus before.” He confessed.

My goodness! What if we get lost? This jinx is really.. urgh!

************************************************************************************************************************************

I hope you liked this chapter. =) Please leave some comment. hehe!