What did i do?

Accidental Hero

 “ahhhhhhh!” I yelled as loud as I could. The thief on the other hand, flashes himself to me and grabbed me towards a big flower pot, where we hid.

I was so damn shaking because of fear at that time, but the thief was a bit calm, at least calmer than I me.

“Damn you Lee Donghae!” the burglar looking guy yelled. I heard his footsteps going towards us.

But then he stopped walking when a car suddenly stopped just where he was. (I heard the car)

“Yah! Let’s get out of here!”

“what about that damn kid?”

“Let’s do it some other time! We’ve been busted!”

I heard their conversation loud and clear. I also heard footsteps and the car going away, which probably means that they were gone.

The thief, I mean Lee Donghae (I suppose that’s his name) took a glimpse of the place where the burglar looking guy was earlier while I was still shaking. And the next I know, I heard a lot of sirens and there were a lot of police and men in black.

“It’s safe now.” Donghae told me softly and calmly. I didn’t know what to react because I was still in great trauma. I never heard a gunshot before, and absolutely not as close as that.

The Paramedics came to me and led me to the ambulance. They covered me with a comforter and gave me water. Then they asked me a lot of question which I did not answer. Instead, I told them that I want to go home.

In just a blink of an eye, Mr. Kim came to get me. He helped me stand up and helped walk towards the car, when suddenly Donghae came in front of us.

“Is she alright?” Donghae asked Mr. Kim

“No. I don’t think she is, sir.” I heard Mr. Kim talk, that was the very first time I heard him talk. But what’s frustrating is that, he seemed to have a lot respect to that thief/ jinx.

“When she’s fine, please tell her thank you and I’m sorry”

I suddenly gained consciousness because of the words he uttered. I could only get THANK YOU and I’M SORRY after that life threatening moment? I couldn’t even get back my CD that he stole? What an !!

“You’re such a jinx! I couldn’t believe I was involved in your bad luck! JINX!!” I yelled at him and I garnered everyone’s attention.

Donghae obviously wanted to answer back, but Mr. Kim suddenly talked again.

“I’m sorry sir. She’s still not on her right mind.” He apologized to him.

“no! I mean what I said!”

“Let’s get you home agassi.” Mr. Kim calmly told me.

I kept on mumbling a lot of things which I forgot by now until we reached the car. Mr. Kim went back to his normal self (the silent, SUPER silent type) and I stopped talking because I found it irrelevant to talk when the person you’re talking to is not even answering.

SO, there I was, sitting quietly at the back seat of my car, trembling again because I suddenly remembered the gun shot.

When we arrived home, the first thing I had on my mind was my mom. So I immediately went out of the car, ran towards the house, looked for my mom and hugged her tight (with a lot of tears coming out of my eyes).

My mom did not say or asked anything. She just calmly hugged me and led me to my room to sleep. She did not leave my side, not until I closed my eyes and sleep.

The next day, I woke up early because I had the alarm set, and it was the first day of school- for me.

I went downstairs and sat on the chair. My dad welcomed me with a very big smile on his face, which I think is super suspicious.

“How are you feeling?” My dad suddenly asked me.

“I feel better.”

“Hmm. Go on and eat your breakfast happily, oaky?” he suddenly said. What the heck was wrong with him?

“ahh. Dad? Are you okay? I think you’re much sicker than I am”

“Honey, I just can’t help myself. I wanted to tell her now.” He suddenly talked to my mom.

“I think you should do it later.” My mom replied to him.

“You should be home early. Okay?” My dad told me.

“yeah, as if I have something else to do.” I answered him. Then I ate my breakfast and bid them goodbye.

I went outside my house and saw Mr. Kim waiting for me. At some point, I hated him for apologizing to that jinx, but there’s nothing I can do about it anymore.

I went inside the car and we silently went to the new school. When I was about to go out of the car, Mr. Kim suddenly talked,

“Agassi, please don’t get into trouble again.”

I got frustrated, at some point and slammed the door of the car.

I walked silently towards the faculty office and felt people’s stare. It was my very first day but it seemed like people were really interested in me.

“Oh! You’re here. Come on, let’s go to your room.” A teacher suddenly welcomed me. I was a bit surprised though because I wasn’t able to say my name yet but she already knows who I was. I followed her closely and stopped when we arrived in the doorway.

“Every one, I’m I would like you to welcome your new classmate, Tiffany Hwang.”

When I heard my name called, everyone just seemed to gossip about me because I heard a lot of people talking. I was in doubt if I would come in, but the teacher just smiled and signaled me to go in.

I walked towards the platform and everyone clapped their hands. I became really curious why they clapped their hands. Did I do something great that I’m being welcomed like this? But isn’t that impossible because this day is the first time I stepped in the school. So, what really was it?

**************************************************************************************************

comment please. =)

To those who have read My Happy Ending, please don't be dismay if it's not as thrilling as that story. I promise to try my very best to make it as cool as that, or even better. thank you! =)