Too much winking

Accidental Hero

 

“Happy Birthday to you..” The sound of this song woke me up the next day. As I opened my eyes, I saw my mom and my dad carrying a cake.

“Happy Birthday dear!” My mom said as she kissed my cheek. My dad did the same.

“Now, blow the candles!” My dad excitedly said. I did as I was told and my parents seemed so happy about it. I felt like I was just a 7 year old kid being surprised by her parents. But I did not react cause I know this will make them happy.

“Thanks mom, dad.” I said and hugged them both.

“Come on, get ready and we’ll eat lunch outside.” My mom said as she helped me stand up from bed.

“And because it’s your birthday, all of us will be spending time together!” my dad happily said.

“Finally! Why does this only happen when there’s a special occasion?” I asked, trying to make them feel guilty.

“Sorry honey, I’m just too busy with work.” My dad said looking so guilty. I hugged him tightly, giving him a message that I understood.

My parents then went outside my room and I went inside the bathroom, I suddenly remembered that I have a date with Donghae.

I immediately went outside my room and called my parents.

“Mom! Dad! Will this family gathering last until tonight?”

“Yes honey! Why? Do you have some other appointment?” My dad asked.

“Nothing really, Donghae just wanted to treat me today.” I grinned.

“Why don’t we bring Donghae along?” My dad suggested and winked at me.

“What? No! I’ll just tell him to treat me next time!”

“Come on honey, it will be fun! And besides, you can’t just ditch your boyfriend like that! You haven’t even introduced him to us yet.” My mom said and winked.

Honestly, what’s all with the winking?

“Mom! He’s not my boyfriend!” I angrily said.

“If I didn’t see you two kiss last night, I would’ve believed that.” She sang and walked away.

“Omo! You two kissed here last night?” My dad said, sounding so over protective.

Shoot.

“It was..”

“Well, just make sure it’s just a kiss and it won’t go to something else. You’re still young honey and I want you to enjoy being young.” My dad said as he patted my head.

“It wasn’t a real kiss!!” I yelled out of frustration and went inside my room. Honestly, how can my parents betray me like that?

I went inside the bathroom and took a shower. I was in deep thought at that time and finally came up with a decision. And that is, to ditch Donghae,

As soon as I changed to my casual clothes, I immediately grabbed my phone and sent Donghae a text message.

To: My love

Message: Hey! I don’t think I can make it earlier. I have a date with my parents today. I’m sorry.

As soon as I finished, I immediately dropped my phone on the bed. Just the thought of not seeing him made me smile but then it felt weird though. I felt like my day won’t actually be complete.

A few minutes later, I heard my phone rang. I immediately picked it up and felt glad when I saw the caller id, it was Donghae.

“Yah!” I said, trying to hide my feelings.

“How can you ditch my like that? I prepared so much for today!” He said, sounding so pitiful which actually made me feel a little bit guilty.

“It’s not actually my fault. My parents just told me that we will be going out, as a family.”

“Tsch. I know I can’t compete with your family. I’ll drop by your house later then, before you birthday ends.”

“Why would you?” I asked in confusion.

“You started off you birthday with me, isn’t it just right if you end it with me?” he said. I could feel like there was a sound of excitement from his voice.

“Do you really have to?”

“Why? Don’t you want to see me?”

“I..” I paused, for once, I felt confused on what I really wanted to say. I know I wanted to see him but still, I can’t.

“I knew you would. See you later then!” He said and dropped the call.

How assuming!

I immediately typed in a message for him, out of frustration.

To: My love

Message: Don’t you ever assume that I also want to see you! Don’t show up later because I absolutely won’t let you see my face.

I then pressed sent.

How come I haven’t changed his name on the phonebook? I’m so stupid!

I immediately changed his name on the phonebook from ‘My Love’ to ‘Dino Head’. I smile was formed on my face, feeling so satisfied by what I did.

An hour after, my family and I arrived in an amusement park, to my surprise.

“What are we doing here?” I asked both my parents.

“Were celebrating your birthday here!” My dad excitedly said.

“Honestly dad, I’m not 7 years old. I won’t enjoy the park at this age.” I whined.

“Well, you won’t if you’re alone!” My dad winked together with my mom. For the nth time, I really don’t know what is up with them winking so much today.

“So? Are you two going to have a ride with these stuffs with me?” I asked sarcastically.

“Oh no, not us!” My mom said, grinning.

“Then who’s coming with me?”

“There he is!” My dad suddenly cut me off. I watched him wave somewhere. I followed his gaze and then I was shocked when I saw the very person he was waving at. It’s him, LEE DONGHAE!

What the hell is he doing here?

*************************************************************************************************************************************

Hey!! I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please do hit the subscribe button or leave a comment! thank you! :)