running

Accidental Hero

 

“WHAT?!” ß that was my initial reaction after hearing him say it was his first time riding a city bus.

“You’ve been here in your entire life and you haven’t ridden a bus yet?” I said, in shock.

“Uhuh. I’ve always had a driver and a car. You think I would try riding this if I have already tried it before? Tsk.” He said and then he walked towards the bus stop, leaving me behind.

I walked fast towards where he was, trying to ignore the possibility of being lost in the vast city of Seoul.

“So, we ride a bus from here then we’ll be there in no time.” He said happily. And I felt guilty.

I wanted to mumble and say stuff non-stop, but I think it will only kill his happiness. And I didn’t want that to happen, especially to him. He was like a child and I was like a baby-sitter.

And I ended up being a baby sitter of a kid about my age. Gosh.

“Oh! Here’s the bus!” he yelled as he stood up and waited excitedly for the bus to come.

He walked up to the bus and I followed him, as immediate as I could. I didn’t want to be left behind, nor leave him.

He then swiped something upon entering the bus which allowed us to go in. I was a bit amazed by what he did. It wasn’t really obvious that it was our first time riding a bus in our very own country.

We sat separately on the bus. I felt a bit weird not being beside him. I absolutely do not know why but I just felt that way. Jeez.

When the bus came to its next stop, a lot of people suddenly flocked in. I took a look to the spot where he was, and to my surprise, he wasn’t there already. I looked around, worriedly, thinking that he might already went down or something.

He can’t leave me. I know he won’t leave me.

And just a blink of an eye, a man suddenly sat beside me.

“Hey! Miss me?” he said, and it was Donghae. I felt relieved when I saw him, yet a bit angry at the same time.

“No.” I answered.

“Hey look! My phone got this GPS, and it says, the next stop is already in Myeong Dong!”

“Oh great! You should’ve told me about that earlier! I wouldn’t have been so worried to death.” I said in relief.

“I told you, you should just trust me. Okay?”

Yeah. I’ll trust you from now on.

**********FAST FORWARD***************

We arrived safely to Myeong dong, to my relief. And just as I expected, he was like a little child who just arrived in his play ground.

I mean, no one could blame me to that expectation! When we arrived in Myeong Dong that smile on his face was as big as the clown’s smile and he was like, “let’s go there, let’s go here, let’s go everywhere!” geez. It was really a babysitting moment. After a while, we suddenly came across a street food stall.

“Hey Tiff! Have you tried eating that stuff?” he said as he pointed out the stall.

“No. My parents wouldn’t allow me. They said it’s dirty and it may cause hepati….” Just before I could finish talking, he was already gone, away from my side and he was already there, in the stall and eating that rice cake stuff.

I angrily went to him and nagged at him.

“YAH! Why are you eating that stuff? It’s dirt..” and again, just before I could finish, he placed some of that stuff (rice cakes) on my mouth.

“Isn’t it tasty, tiff?” he said as he smiled and continued eating.

Honestly, I wanted to throw up. But then, as I chew those rice cakes in my mouth, I felt different. It was honestly tasty.

“Hey, can I have some more?” I asked him.

“Of course! My treat.” He said happily and handed me another rice cake.

It took us a while just to satisfy ourselves. And bloody hell, it’s really tasty. It seemed like I wanted to have more.

“Miss, you’re too y to be a glutton!” A guy, with the same uniform as we have (the disguise uniform) suddenly said.

“What? Did you just say I’m a glutton?!” I angrily said.

“Oh, I love that character! Strong..” another guy, a taller one suddenly said.

“hey, stop messing around my girl!” Donghae, who was busy paying up earlier, suddenly said.

“So, he is your boyfriend? Hmmmm.”  The taller one said as he walked closely to Donghae.

“We have the same uniform but how come it’s my first time seeing you?”  that same guy said suspiciously. And I became really nervous.

I pinched Donghae’s palm with my own palm, giving him a sign that I’m panicking.

“When I say 3, you run with me.” He whispered on my ear.

“Hey! I’m asking you!” the tall guy said, angrily.

“Two, Three!” he shouted and we ran.

the three guys went after us. But fortunately, we were able to hide near a very big trash bin. My mouth was covered by Donghae’s hand and his other hand was like embracing me.

“I think it’s safe now.” He said as he let go of me.

“Gosh. You’re really a jinx, always getting me into trouble!” I nagged.

“Me? It was you who first provoked them!”

“What? I was actually doing well before you said I’m your girlfriend!”

“Doing well? It was like that guy was gonna rip you alive!” he angrily said.

“THEY ARE HERE!” I heard a guy shout.

“Shoot!” I yelled. He pulled me up and we started running again.

Jeez. When will this running end?

 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Hey ya all! it's been a long time since i've updated this one. I hope you'll like this chapter. Merry Christmas!