Guilt

To Covet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mi Kyong's POV

There he was standing across on the other side of the stage, he looked stunning in his white suit, they had coloured his hair so that it was layers of blonde around the edges. I could clearly see Taeyeon's concept, I was the sky and the stars, Jonghyun was the sun and the moon. Clever. She and Key showed two different sides of nature, Key showed nature's power yet Taeyeon showed nature's soft and gentle side. I looked into his chocolate brown eyes, perfect jawline, sharp nose and melted, I wanted to reach out and touch his face so much. In that moment, there was nothing more that I wanted except for him. The first chord of the music starts and my attention is brought back. I hum the first few notes into the microphone. The song is called Quasimodo, it's one of my absolute favourites because I can relate so well to the lyrics. I can practically feel the overwhelming emotion in the song, I bring the microphone to my mouth again and begin to sing.

"Your traces that my heart is filled with, Makes me able to breathe." I sing and Jonghyun's eyes widen slightly when he hears my voice. "When the long night is colored by the moonlight. Will the inescapable wait all end? I wish for a miracle and ask and answer myself." I continue. Jonghyun opens his mouth to sing.

"Oh, I can’t tell you about me. Who wants to reach your heart, like the starlight hidden behind the cold clouds, I love you, in the end, this painful confession that lingers at the edge of my lips slide down in tears." He sings. I'm awestruck by his voice, it just pierces straight to my soul, that's what music is, raw emotion.

I take shaky breath and join in together with him as we sing in perfect harmony. "This arrow that’s reached my heart, feels like a part of my body now. Even though it hurts to death, I can’t remove you, who’s stuck in my heart, because it’s love, because for me, it’s love."

Jonghyun then powerfully sings the next verse, "Even if I can’t have you, in the end, even when my heart is blocked by the wall of sad connection, I love you, if it’s a place where I can just watch you because you’re my everything." Why does this describe the way I feel about Jonghyun so well?

I sing the next verse, "I stay up for so many nights, when the starlight becomes rain that doesn’t stop like my tears remember that I loved you." We repeat the chorus twice and the music swells and decrescendos.

"It’s not tough, oh no." Jonghyun adlibs hitting each of the high notes perfectly.

I answer with an adlib, "Because you have to be mine."

"In order for you to be you, even if it hurts, even if you make me cry, I love you." We sing never breaking eye contact for the entire song. It's as if the world falls away and we're the only two left, I feel such a strong connection to him, I wonder if he feels it too? The audience is dead silent then slowly one by one, they started standing up and applauding thunderously. I look to the audience and back into Jonghyun's eyes taking his soft expression as a single tear rolls down my eye, I run off stage leaving Jonghyun alone there. I shouldn't love. No. He belongs to my sister. But I do love him. He's stuck in my heart l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter