Communication

To Covet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mi Kyong's POV

“No! I’m not going back there!” I yell at Victoria who was actively dragging me behind stage to the fansigning.

“You have to Athena! How many years has it been? It’s time for you to face it!” Victoria yells at me exasperatedly. I stop struggling for her benefit and instead work on designing a plan that will hide my face and hide Jonghyun from recognizing me.

“Here it is.” Victoria says, shoving me into Jonghyun’s line.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” Jonghyun greets me brightly as I try to hide myself in my hair, not looking at me directly. “You look familiar; could you tell me your name?” He asks.

“Athena.” I manage to get out in barely a whisper.

“Oh, you have the same name as the President and CEO of that famous company always in the news. You know, she reminds me a lot of someone I once knew.” He says wistfully, looking up at me, I quickly look away.

“Yeah, I get that a lot.” I say, trying to avoid his eye contact, face palming internally at the lack of sense I was making.

 His eyes catch the reflection of light in my necklace and his eyes glass over. “You know, I once bought a necklace like that for the girl I loved.” I feel my heart palpitating but force my voice to come out smoothly.

“Yeah, what happened?” I ask him and his eyes darken.

“It’s a long story.” He says coolly and goes back to signing my CD. I look around the line and see the next fan standing impatiently behind me, how long does it take him to sign something? Seriously! He looks up at me, almost having heard my thoughts and I look away as fast as possible. Thankfully he doesn’t notice and when I see that he’s looking back down, I quickly glance over his features. He hasn’t changed one bit, he’s still the same Jonghyun I know f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter