Confliction

To Covet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mi Kyong's POV

The weeks ticked by so fast, it was one week to the fashion show and two weeks to the SMBC exam. I was swept into a whirlwind of activity. Studying in school, lunch with Taeyeon and the fashion show, afterschools with Taemin and then once I got home, I studied for the exam. Over the weeks however, I had gotten a lot closer to Taemin and whenever I wasn't at Fashion Show, I would sit with him at lunch and talk to him. It turns out that we actually had a lot in common, I even learned that Taemin had an older brother! He understood what it was like to be outshined, he told me how his brother had been accepted to MIT, a university in the United States on a full ride scholarship. His eyes lost their glow when he talked about it, I guess mine probably did when I talked about Mi Cha. Taemin really helped boost my confidence though, he complimented me on the things that he saw I did well, he made me feel significant.

"You have a really pretty voice Mi Kyong, why don't you join choir?" Taemin asks.

"Choir is Mi Cha's thing, she sings better than me anyways." I reply and Taemin frowns.

"I don't think so, Mi Cha may have power in her voice and technique but you're more musical and expressive, and your voice is like a flute." Taemin says.

"I guess." I say, never having thought about it that way before and smile. Taemin catches my smile and grins back at me, it was great to have a friend like him. The bell rings and Tamin picks up my books for me and walks me to class. 

"Thanks Taemin." I say.

"No problem, see you after school, don't be late!" Taemin says and walks to his class across the hall. I settle in my desk in my advanced french class. I really loved learning languages, for some reason they just clicked in my brain.

"Salut!" My french teacher greeted us and we greeted her back.

"Aujourd'hui, nous allons revisiter les verbes er, ir, re et irreguliers." My french teacher said and everyone groaned.

"Les verbes sont importants!" My french teacher chastised and started writing on the board.

"Qui peut conjuger les verbes sur le tableau?" She asked and I raised my hand.

"Mi Kyong, merci." She said and handed me the chalk. The verb was to know, savoir. I wrote it one by one, je, tu il, elle, nous, vous, ils, elles, on and qui. As I was writing, I had some time to think about what I knew and what I didn't. What I knew, Jonghyun was Mi Cha's boyfriend, I like Jonghyun. What I didn't know, does Jonghyun remember me? I finished and sat back down. Madame started up into another lecture about vocabulary and grammar that I already knew and let myself drift off in my thoughts.  Madame didn't care if I worked or not, she knew that I knew everything and didn't really push me. Often though, she would send me a packet of extracurricular or enrichment french and tell me to work on it. The bell rang and I picked up my books. The afternoon seemed to drag on forever and I was happy to finally be out of the classroom at the end of the day. Mi Cha has cheerleading practice now, I thought to myself and went to the library to study quietly so that Mi Cha and I could ride home later.

"Hey!" Victoria called me and came to join me at my desk. She was carrying a bunch of books on physics.

"What are those for?" I questioned her.

"Well, in math class we went on a trip to a university physics lecture and I realized that I'm going to fail. I need to start studying." She replies and I chuckle.

"I'll help if you like." I offer and Victoria breathes a sigh of relief. 

"Oh thank goodness, I really can't tackle this alone." Victoria says. Math is so dependable for me, it's very objective, you solve the equation to find one value, well, at this level. You tackle the question one step at a time and at the end, you can wrap it up in a nice full s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter