Not Yours

To Covet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jonghyun's POV

I see my opponent on the other side of the ring. I circled him, trying to find a weakness. He was taller than me by a head and had a glint in his eyes that sent shivers down my spine. For the first time, I wasn't cocky, arrogant Jonghyun, amazing street fighter extraodinaire. For the first time ever, I felt pure raw fear for my life. I shook it out of my head and just in time since Hoihoon made a jump towards me. 

"Oomph." I said feeling the breath rush out of my stomach and wincing as I composed myself. That's going to leave a bruise. The next punch came almost immediately but I was faster and I dodged it. I return with a left hook, even though I had to jump to put extra power to make up for the height difference. He reeled back but recovered quickly and soon delivered another punch to my face which I blocked. He grabs onto my arm and punches me in the stomach again and I grab his arm and flip him quickly. Then I unleash a fury of punches and kicks to his face and to his stomach. Although I was faster, he was stronger and absorbed every one of my attacks as if it were nothing however, his stamina was low and he was slowing down. Now if I could just hold on ... Suddenly sparks enter my eyes and the world goes black, the last thing I remember is me saying don't call my parents.

I open my eyes and I'm in a soft white bed with a single lamp on and Mi Kyong is sitting next to my bed reading a book. I feel bandages and antiseptic on all of my wounds and a soft damp cloth covering my head.

"Awake?" She asks, without even looking up and I groan.

"Where am I?" I ask and she looks at me coldly.

"My house. You want to explain why I got called out of bed at 10:00 p.m. when Minho picked up your sorry from a street fighting competition." She hisses. "What the hell were you thinking?"

"I wasn't." I mumble.

"You babo, aish jinja, we're leaving for Toronto in a few hours and you go to a street fighting competition?" She says angrily and my face falls. Of course, she only needs me for the competition.

"Ne, mianhe." I say, groaning again as I get up.

"I already fixed your face up with make-up, be careful with your parents." She whispers in warning and I nod, grabbing my jacket, Minho was waiting downstairs.

"Why'd you bring me to the Park's house?" I hiss at him. He shrugs.

"You asked specifically for her so I just did what you asked." Minho says, grabbing his keys and ushering me out the door.

"What time is it?" I ask, starting to rip off the bandanges and Minho grabs my arm.

"What the hell are you doing?" He roars but in a whisper.

"Getting rid of the evidence." I say and he shakes his head but lets go.

"It's almost 10:30, what were you doing back there?" He asks me. "You promised me at your last fight that you'd stop."

"I couldn't deal with what was happening, I mean yeah I did want to break up with Mi Cha but not like that. She after all is my girlfriend." I say.

"You fell for Mi Kyong though, didn't you?" Minho asks and I bite my lip.

"More like I never stopped loving her." I mumble and Minho looks at me in suprise.

"So then what happened today with Mi Cha was a good thing?" He asks.

"No!" I roar, "It wasn't supposed to happen that way. Mi Cha is a great girl, she didn't deserve that today." I say guiltily.

"Do you love her?" Minho asks me.

"I do love her..." I start

"But?" He says and I sigh.

"But I'm not in love with her." I admit. "But honestly, I didn't have anything to do with the cake." I say and Minho nods. We finally pull up in front of my house.

"Hey Jonghyun, just for the record, follow your heart, not your head especially since your head is pretty empty." Minho says as I get out of the car and walk toward my house.

"Thanks I think?" I say, entering my house as quietly as I can hoping my parents weren't waiting up.

"Where have you been?" My father barks at me as soon as I walk in and I wince cursing mentally.

"Sorry, I forgot to call home, I was out with Minho and Mi Cha." I say and my parents relax.

"Oh, how are you two?" My mother asks.

"We broke up today." I say and my parents glance at each other.

"Jonghyun, it's time we have a little man to man chat." My dad says and I raise my eyebrows.

"What?" I ask.

"Well you know how my business has been working on securing a deal with the Park's company right?" He asks and I nod.

"Go on." I say, already knowing where it was heading.

"You can't break up with Mi Cha, they're signing the papers on Monday and we need to maintain good relations with them." He says.

"But even if I break up with Mi Cha, I was going to date Mi Kyong, the older of the two twins." I say.

"No, no. Mi Cha is a better public figure. One day,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter