To the Future

To Covet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jonghyun’s POV

“Where’s Onew?” I ask bursting into the dorm where Key and Taemin are quietly talking. They look at me in surprise.

“When did you get back?” Key asks.

“It doesn’t matter.” I say impatiently, “Where’s Onew?”

“He went off to dinner with Mi Cha’s family.” Taemin replies.

“Let me guess, this dinner includes Mi Kyong and her new fiancé.” I reply angrily and Key and Taemin look at each other.

“She is going to be so pissed.” Key mutters under his breath.

“You both knew?” Minho asks in outrage.

“Yeah, we both knew. She didn’t want us to tell him; obviously it was for her own reasons.” Key retorts, talking about me like I wasn’t here.

“Why do you even need to know Jonghyun? She’s not coming back to you.” Taemin says harshly and Minho punches him across the face, Key runs over to restrain him from doing more damage as a trail of blood runs from the corner of Taemin’s mouth from his new cut lip.

“That’s enough! Taemin, I get that you’re frustrated, I am too, but you’re taking it too far. Minho control yourself, if you injure Taemin anymore than you already have not only will you never hear the end of it from the company, you’ll never hear the end of it from me either.” Key chastises but Taemin and Minho ignore him and continue to stare at each other.

“It’s her life, it’s not like she needs to report everything back to Jonghyun. They dated a long time ago, it’s in the past.” Taemin says bitterly, each word cutting into me like a knife. They are right, why was I clinging onto the failed relationship from long ago? What was I thinking when I thought that when she returned, she’d run to me and we’d just pick right up where we left off. Times change.

“You don’t think that Jonghyun deserves to know at least that she’s back? We had to find out ourselves.” Minho yells and Key raises his eyebrows.

“Wait, you guys ran into her?” Key asks.

“We saw her at the company.” I answer flatly and Key deflates.

“I am so sorry.” Key says with heavy meaning, laying a hand on my shoulder but I shrug it off.

“I thought you guys had my back. I guess I was wrong. I’ve been wrong about a lot of things lately.” I yell. “Yes, I am so weak and pathetic that I can’t even handle the news? Is that why you didn’t tell me? Well, I’m sorry to have confided in you then.” I say to them defeated and walk into my room, getting changed. Key and Taemin exchange a glance.

“I have to agree with him, I thought we were like brothers. Now I see that we’re nothing more than just a few people thrown together by circumstances with no trusting bond whatsoever.” Minho says shaking his head.

“Minho don’t-” Key starts but Minho ignores him and walks into his room shutting the door behind him.

I ask the manager to take me somewhere and he nods, grabbing his coat. I grab the package from my room and tuck it under my arm as I shrug on my jacket.

“Where are you going?” Key asks me.

“None of your business, right?” I reply and Key sits down and watches me leave helplessly. I get onto the car with the manager. I need a distraction.

“She should be finished with her filming right?” I ask my manager and he nods.

“Okay, can we stop at that flower shop first?” I ask and my manager nods again and pulls into the small parking lot in front of the shop. I buy a bouquet of roses and walk back out to the car to where the manager is waiting. We park on the set and we see cast members all walking towards their respective cars. I jump out and encircle my hands around the waist of a familiar black haired girl.

“Jonghyun?” She asks turning around.

Mi Kyong’s POV

I sit uncomfortably in my red dress as I wait for Victoria. She was coming to pick me up since I decided to give my driver the night off.

“You ready?” Vic asks me and I nod, taking in a breath.

“I saw him today.” I say to Vic and she looks at me concerned.

“Eyes on the road, driver.” I tell her weakly and she rolls her eyes at me but obliges.

“How did it go?” She asks me.

“Not as well as I hoped.” I reply.

“Stay strong.” She says, taking my hand and notices the ring immediately. “You’re finally ready?” She asks and I nod.

“It would be much easier if Kevin were here with me right now.” I say. Kevin is my rock through everything.

“He’s flying in tomorrow isn’t he?” Vic asks.

“Yeah, he is.” I reply and smile at her. “This dinner is a bit premature isn’t it? Since they can’t meet him?” I ask.

“They’ll have plenty of opportunities to meet him later on, don’t you worry.” She replies.

“Mi Cha is bringing her boyfriend isn’t she?” I ask, “And you’ve got Zhou Mi, mom and dad.”

Victoria catches my drift, “Don’t worry about being the odd one out, you’ll already be the odd one out since this entire dinne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter